Help wanted for KR Mosaic poster!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Help wanted for KR Mosaic poster!

Post by KFCreator » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi everyone! I had an idea a while back to create a large, printable mosaic poster made up entirely of screenshots from various Knight Rider episodes, as well as behind the scenes photos. I've already started work on capturing screenshots but I would love to ask for help from the community in helping submit to me medium to high-quality behind the scenes pictures (rare ones appreciated even more!), and also with helping me with the design of the master image that all of the various pictures will make up.

I'm envisioning a landscape-oriented poster design (maybe around 36" x 12" roughly), and something that commemorates the series. We're a few years off still from the 35th anniversary but it could even be as simple as having a general tagline. Of course I want the classic Knight Rider font across it, and I was thinking that the master image might be something like KITT racing across the desert or it could even be a collage of various images. I haven't decided if the master image should be based on photographs or a video still or if it should be more artistic (like a painting).

I could probably come up with the design on my own but I thought that this could be a cool project to collaborate on with various people and then when it's finished, anyone who wanted a copy could either download the poster and order a print themselves through various services or we could have it printed up and mail it out to people. This would strictly be a not-for-profit endeavor, something created by the fans and for the fans. I just really want to have a poster hanging up on my walls that I can glance at and see some of the best screenshots from the series. Plus, being a mosaic, it's always cool to hunt for things you may not have noticed before.

Anyone who wants to help or has ideas, feel free to submit them to me privately or in this thread. I hope that this is something that we can pull together fairly quickly as a nice tribute to the series we all love. And, if it's a success, it might be cool to do the same thing for the 2008 series and maybe even for TKR or Knight Rider 2000 down the line. :D
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Re: Help wanted for KR Mosaic poster!

Post by KFCreator » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:24 am

I know bumping of threads is generally discouraged but I was hoping to get at least a few responses on this topic from the members of the board. If there's still no interest from anyone, I'll let this thread slip away. Just thought it would be a cool way to band some of us together as an even tighter community.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:03 am

I've got a few thousand images you can use that i've collected online over the past decade.I can create a .rar archive file and transfer it over yahoo instant messenger.PM your yahoo messenger name.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:40 am

Yay, thanks for the offer, Knight Racer! PM sent to you. :-)

Anyone else want to join in?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Any updates on the knight rider mosaic poster?

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:41 am

The poster has been put on a temporary hold for now as my wife and I are expecting the birth of our first child any day now. However, I'm still collecting random images as I come across them and taking more screenshots whenever I can. I also still haven't decided on what the central image will be but hopefully I'll be able to put everything all together in the next several weeks. I'll keep you all updated!

Knight Racer - Thanks again for all of the images you sent me a few weeks back, it really helped a lot! :-)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:48 am

Well?! Are you a proud poppa yet?! Congratulations in advance!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:30 am

Thanks, Mike! Yes, my wife and I are now proud parents. She gave birth to Zachary Andrew (6 lbs. 10 oz, 19 inches long) at 11:40 AM on Dec. 23 via C-section. Wasn't planning on the C-section but as it turns out, it couldn't be avoided. Both mom and baby are resting comfortably here at home after getting discharged from the hospital mid-afternoon on Christmas day. Haven't gotten much sleep these last few days but luckily we had her parents, brother and his fiancee all in town to be there for support the entire time and for the last few days. I wish there was a Knight Rider onesie that existed or I would buy it in a heartbeat. Maybe I'll make one of my own. As it is, I settled for Zack coming home in a red onesie with the Superman logo that said "I just spent 9 months in the Fortess of Solitude" and figured that was appropriate enough. LOL I may be absent from the board more often than normal in the weeks to come but again, thanks for the well-wishes. Means a lot to me that members of this community band together to support not just our common love for KR, but our personal lives as well. :-)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Congrats again...

Cafe Press lets you personalize anything and there are already some Knight Rider baby clothes available. The quality may not always be great, but the novelty may be worth it. Just be sure to post photos if you do buy something!

http://www.cafepress.com/+knight-rider+baby-clothing
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com