10th Anniversary of Knight Con Germany

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

10th Anniversary of Knight Con Germany

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:29 am

This week marks the 10th anniversary of Knight Con in Germany. This was a BIG event, and to this day it remains one of my all-time favorite Knight Rider gatherings.

Knight Con took place in the Warner Bros. Movie World theme park in Bottrop, Germany, which made for some bizarre sights as you watched a guy in a Bugs Bunny suit looking over KITT. They declared a “Knight Rider Day” and so there were exhibits and events throughout the park. There was a big exhibit hall which contained the largest collection of Knight Rider memorabilia I have ever seen: toys, clothing, models, posters, photos… everything. The was a screening area running Knight Rider episodes all day long. A German author who published some Knight Rider novels did a reading from one of his books (in German). Don Peake and Stu Phillips were there talking about the music. Because it was inside a theme park, there was a lot of foot traffic.

Of course, the biggest attraction of all was seeing other fans. I met AJ Palmgren for the very first time in a seedy internet cafe in town (smart phones? what were those?) I met Javi from Spain (http://elcochefantastico.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) along with his girlfriend and we hit it off immediately and spent a lot of time together.

Most of my photos are trapped inside an obsolete computer but I’ll try to gather as many as I can which were posted online.

Did anyone else make it to Germany in 2004?
knightcon1.jpg
knightcon1.jpg (100.63 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com