Funny random thoughts while watching Knight Rider

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Funny random thoughts while watching Knight Rider

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:45 pm

It cracks me up thinking about Garthe Knight doing payroll for all the workers that were working in the building Goliath was in. Then Garthe Knight the face of pure evil also has speed limit signs outside the building. It just cracks me up... lol :lol:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Funny random thoughts while watching Knight Rider

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Sounds along the lines of a few funny thoughts that came to mind when I used to watch knight rider.

1.Like in all 84 episodes how Michael not once used a turn signlal...not once.That's something that agrivated me when people make turns and don't signal causing me to nearly plow into them or in the middle of the street when they want to stop by another car to let someone off.

2.Did Michael Knight use the same hair stylist as Garthe Knight?

3.If kitt could control mechanisms like the lock on a trunk to gain time to speak to people,then why couldn't kitt use the microjam to jam every lock pointed at Michael.

4.Was the number counter on kitt's overhead console keeping a readout of how long his artaficial intelligence has been activated for?

5.How in the episode Knight Strike Kitt took a a direct shot with a laser to his scanner and continued to function and so did karr yet Devon mentioned in Trust Doesn't rust that a direct shot would leave Karr an immobilized hunk of metal.

Anyone else came across some funny thoughts watching kr?

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Sounds along the lines of a few funny thoughts that came to mind when I used to watch knight rider.

1.Like in all 84 episodes how Michael not once used a turn signlal...not once.That's something that agrivated me when people make turns and don't signal causing me to nearly plow into them or in the middle of the street when they want to stop by another car to let someone off.

3.If kitt could control mechanisms like the lock on a trunk to gain time to speak to people,then why couldn't kitt use the microjam to jam every lock pointed at Michael.

4.Was the number counter on kitt's overhead console keeping a readout of how long his artaficial intelligence has been activated for?

5.How in the episode Knight Strike Kitt took a a direct shot with a laser to his scanner and continued to function and so did karr yet Devon mentioned in Trust Doesn't rust that a direct shot would leave Karr an immobilized hunk of metal.

Anyone else came across some funny thoughts watching kr?
its funny when michael cuts devon off ki2ts moniter while devons talking lol. for example it happened on the episode knight and knerd when devon keep begging michael not to go and that its a trap,michael responded by saying uh oh youre breaking up on me and hung up on him. then he hung up on devon again on the episode mouth of a snake part 2,michael: i gotta go,i got a rocket launcher to knock out,devon: wait michael.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Yeah you do that to your boss and you're in for a formal reprimand,even written up,possibly get your company car taken away from you.You'd be forced to carry kitt in his portable set on the bus or subway to work and maybe get mugged over it.

knightroto
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by knightroto » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

actually Knight Racer, i believe Michael used a turn signal once! in Trust Doesn't rust, sometime soon before Michael asks kitt to go to police frequency.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Wow,I've seen that episode over a dozen times and never spotted it until I really looked closely at it.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:59 pm

How about when K.I.T.T. warms Michael, using his scanners, that someone is approaching, thus helping Michael get out early or avoid harm, that is selective? Sometimes K.I.T.T. does it, sometimes he doesn't. Is he too busy playing Pong?
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:40 am

tharpdevenport wrote:How about when K.I.T.T. warms Michael, using his scanners, that someone is approaching, thus helping Michael get out early or avoid harm, that is selective? Sometimes K.I.T.T. does it, sometimes he doesn't. Is he too busy playing Pong?
It seems very weird to think about. But, systems aboard the Knight Two Thousand DO NOT get their power off of the engine. Instead, they're all powered off of batteries. Some kind of super battery that, in the novels, could go unstable and literally destroy KITT...just like the thing did in KARR. (Nah. That bit never fully made it into the show. Hince why KARR 'blew up', only to survive for a sequel. Only in the novel world is it a fact.) In a sense, to run those sensors drew extra battery power. So, that explains why Michael had to twist a knob to activate those sensors that would detect the bad guys coming. To leave them off was saving power on the battery. (That is explained can be recharged inside the Semi...but, for whatever reason, not off the engine. In fact, to run KITT's batteries too low in the novel means risking the big BOOM. Also means you really don't want to use that laser too much.)

One modern day example is with wireless devices. To transmit and receive is more power demanding then to remain localized.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 am

knightroto wrote:actually Knight Racer, i believe Michael used a turn signal once! in Trust Doesn't rust, sometime soon before Michael asks kitt to go to police frequency.
While it was probably not an issue on the stunt cars as they were only minimally altered, I do have to wonder if on the fully functional car...did they remove such basics like the turn signal control or not? Perhaps we so rarely see the turn lights, simply because the access to the wiring was hidden away. Maybe?

My thoughts turn towards this one scene where David reaches 'somewhere' on the steering column to turn the engine over, only to turn it off a second later. It makes me think the show car might have lost it's key ignition switch, too.

Of course, in this community, there's probably somebody with a whole schematic to the wiring of the show car to prove what is and isn't there.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:00 am

Knight Racer wrote:Sounds along the lines of a few funny thoughts that came to mind when I used to watch knight rider.

Garthe Knight was a better actor...according to David's father. So, if Garthe was imitating Michael by being the clone of Garthe, then wouldn't Garthe want to have that hair style?
Microjam is basically magic. KITT didn't always know the right incantation to pick every kind of lock. Seeing that he knew how to pull stars out of plastic dice, proves that Microjam is tapped into the power of wizards.
KITT ran on batteries. May have been very handy to track just how long those batteries had been in use for to insure that once they reach so many thousands of hours, they just don't stop taking a recharge.

Or, perhaps that number bit was powered by an (RND) sub-routine.
Angle of penetration. Alas, that sucks to think that a pool hustler with a stron lazer pointer could stand a chance of harming KITT.