Please Read

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.T.T Fan
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Please Read

Post by K.I.T.T Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Does anyone know a video game that you can make kitt in? :D :kitt:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Please Read

Post by jup » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:00 pm

RPG Maker for the PlayStation/PC, I suppose.

I used to dabble a lot in that game maker tool. It permits 8-bit graphic creation and a powerful amount of easy-to-use tools for building other games, besides RPG's. But, it can take some creativity to make the most out of it. Also be mindful that it's very out of date for the PSx. Need a tool for the PC that permits memory card transfers that uses an out-of-date port no longer found on modern PC's. Another issue with being a PSx title is those memory cards are just so tiny. Creating graphics will fill them up, quickly. Just plan out what you want to do in advance. It worked for FuFu: The Acid Trip Bunny. That game was like Mario Bros and was so unlike anything the average creator would do with this tool. Another benefit of planning in advance is to avoid a troublesome bug. This is where getting really advanced into the hobby can help out a bit. Seems that when one goes HEX editing into the source code for the memory card's save files, the bug can be discovered. It happens when the game requires editing and is especially obvious when large chunks of dialog are edited. Seems the file retains outdated information over just getting rid of it. And, when the card only has so many k of space to begin with, such sloppy management of the data can rob the game of vital room. So, doing it right the first time can go far.

Well, now that I think about it, the PS3 does run backwards for PSx games. And, it virtual saves to the HDD and probably can transmit those saves to sites like GameFAQs. So, maybe RPG Maker has gone from outdated to retro potential. Just make sure you buy a disc with the manual. Manual's a must. It should also be pretty cheap to pick up via e-Bay. Just checked. Tons of copies hovering around $10.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Gta4 is usually the game people make cars for.I've helped teams make cars for Need for speed,gta vice city,san andreas,and gta4.I have no modeling experience but I help with texture editing.This is one of the bets kitt'sI've had converted into gta4 from san andreas.

K.I.T.T Fan
Recruit

Post by K.I.T.T Fan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 am

Can you make kitts on xbox games?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Can't modify console games like xbox or p4 to include kitt but you can edit files on a pc for need for speed games,gta style games.

K.I.T.T Fan
Recruit

Post by K.I.T.T Fan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Do you know any games that kitt is in?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:34 pm

There's 1 game called Paradise City I bought used for xbox 360 that has a download pack you can buy that gets you movie cars:

http://www.1up.com/news/burnout-paradis ... -cars-pack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aside from that I think I remember Behemoth made a kitt car for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit in the 90's that was reused in another game without his consent.Other than that those are the only games I know of that have kitt in it.

If you have a powerful enough pc to run gta4 I'd recomend the first pack on this page for the movie car pack.I've worked with him and he's the only one that made a scanner work with the epm mod that allows for movable car parts.The rest of the kitt cars aren't as detailed.

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.ph ... 7&orderBy=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:14 am

There is a Trans Am in Forza Motorsport 4. While it's a '87 model, it still gets you that very familiar vibe.

Yesterday I was messing around with my replays and decided to give a short clip a little bit of a Knight Rider feeling with the music and grading making it look more like it was a scene from the show.

Enjoy!

:kitt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYEOoIXYTw4