KARR's scanner in "Trust Doesn't Rust."

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJohnson
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KARR's scanner in "Trust Doesn't Rust."

Post by JJohnson » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Has anyone noticed in Trust Doesn't Rust, at 32:50 to 33:00 how KARR's scanner runs a bit differently? It runs to the middle, leaves one light lit, and also keeps going left. Once it bounces back to the middle, that light then continues to the right, then back again like before. Anyone else notice this?

blowersho
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KARR's scanner in "Trust Doesn't Rust."

Post by blowersho » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 pm

JJohnson wrote:Has anyone noticed in Trust Doesn't Rust, at 32:50 to 33:00 how KARR's scanner runs a bit differently? It runs to the middle, leaves one light lit, and also keeps going left. Once it bounces back to the middle, that light then continues to the right, then back again like before. Anyone else notice this?
I noticed that when I first saw the episode back in the day. I always thought it was a glitch of some sort and I think it was kind of similar to the way KITT's scanner ran in Soul Survivor when Randy was in control.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:57 pm

The soul survivor one sounds like a mode and the karr one sounds like a glitch that they just didn't care to change.I remember many episodes where the leds in some of the meters were out or dim.

JJohnson
Rookie

Post by JJohnson » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 am

I'm sure you're right on that. There are times when the outermost lights just don't light up on either the right or left. Those I'd call glitch. The Soul Survivor version sounds more like an intentional thing, and KARR, maybe could go either way, but I could be wrong!

Does anyone's replica scanner have multiple modes like that?

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:00 am

Biggest difference I noticed between KITT and KARR scanner in this episode was the sound. Haven't seen that replicated by anyone yet.
Soul Survivor scanner must be intentional mode, there was also an episode where KITT's scanner was running from left to right and again from left to right, not back and forth as usually after Michael asked "Who gave Devon Sabrina's phone number?", unfortunately the episode name escapes my memory now :D

Another effect which I think is a special mode is in Goliath Returns when they want to transplant KITT's CPU to the Goliath, the scanner is all on and sort of "glowing", I guess the luminosity alternates rapidly? KITT looks being horrified.
Remembered yet another special mode from "Chariot of Gold" when KITT is causing the alarm, the scanner seems to go in multiple "rows" and the lights alternate between one and the few next lights.

JJohnson
Rookie

Post by JJohnson » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 am

I'm sure we can record the scanner sound and have it play back as well as the normal KITT sound from the original series. If I remember correctly, KARR's scanner made a different, more mechanical/hollow/reverb sound in the 3rd season.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm

I have been watching so many eps lately I can't remember which one I saw this in, but it was a 3rd or 4th season ep. I had to back up the DVD and watch it again to be sure I saw what I thought I was seeing. KITT's scanner was brightly and continuously lit on the left side, but on the right it was swishing back and forth like normal. It made me giggle. :)

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Brennon's scanner does 7 different scan modes. maybe more.

Also has the sound.