Why Wasn't Patricia McPherson in "Knight Rider 2000"?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

moviefan2k4
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Why Wasn't Patricia McPherson in "Knight Rider 2000"?

Post by moviefan2k4 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 am

I've always been curious about this, and was wondering if Patricia or others had ever clarified it. Was it another financial dispute like Season 2, or was she even asked?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Why Wasn't Patricia McPherson in "Knight Rider 2000"?

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:41 am

I can only guess she no longer wanted to pursue an acting career or wanted to work on saving the rainforest.Another theory might be because they only wanted to re-establish the more important characters from the old series to create the new series.Devon was dead,Michael helped out but I'm sure the only one who was going to stay for the 5 or so made for tv movies a year would have been kitt(William Daniels).

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:53 am

Knight Racer wrote:I can only guess she no longer wanted to pursue an acting career or wanted to work on saving the rainforest.Another theory might be because they only wanted to re-establish the more important characters from the old series to create the new series.Devon was dead,Michael helped out but I'm sure the only one who was going to stay for the 5 or so made for tv movies a year would have been kitt(William Daniels).
I second these theories.

Besides, I wouldn't want the whole original cast being given their conclusions at the mercy of the writers of 2000.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:38 am

If you ever need to know the credits for a film or TV show, go over to IMDb.com.

Here's the crappy KR2000 IMDb page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102227/fullcredits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.