Possible RPG on Dreamwidth?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

vespurrs
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Possible RPG on Dreamwidth?

Post by vespurrs » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I've been talking to some people in a few different places about the idea of creating a musebox RPG on Dreamwidth for Knight Rider. I've had some conditional interest; most people are adopting a wait and see attitude, not quite wanting to commit without others doing so first. My idea was that it would be open to all, one version of each character only, all series/movies EXCEPT KR 2010 are fair game, and OCs would be more than welcome - though in the case of AIs, I'd like to see the canon characters adopted first.

Once people had characters chosen, the plots and settings could be discussed. And, haha, sorry, I sort of have a claim to TOS KITT. :whistle:

But that leaves everyone else open. :)

I've been re-watching my KR DVDs, and I'm itching to write. As I'm rubbish at fanfics but decent at roleplay, I'm hoping to spark some interest!

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Possible RPG on Dreamwidth?

Post by jup » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 am

While I have no idea how this works, I'd say 'Go for it'. :P

Haven't tried any game making since the days of 'RPG Maker' for the PSx.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:43 pm

It's all text based, online journals. I'd love to go for it, but without other people, I'd be playing by myself. XD

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am

Ahhh...a Tale Weavers. Those things are indeed fun. Rounding up a few on-line friends and putting together a fresh story out of thin air. Great exercise for potential writers. I'm not used to recognizing the letters RPG with a good ole fashioned writer's pow-wow. Just the console/PC side of gaming, where one player enters a digital world of controlled interactions.

Michael: "Isn't it great, Kitt? To be back in the land of movie stars and world wide athletes? Where opportunities are nearly boundless?"

KITT: (Trying to compete with Randy Newman's 'I love LA' song that is coming across the radio.) "Seriously, Michael. My engine has been working harder on the air conditioning then our locomotions. Could they have not come up with a better transportation system, by now?"

Michael: "Don't you see, Kitt? That's apart of the charm of this city..."

Just had to endulge a bit of free form writing. Good luck.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:03 pm

If you like. I've never heard them called that, but I like the name. :) Not quite a round-robin fic, as it's an on-going game, but sort of the same idea.

Hee, you're pretty good at this. Maybe you should consider joining. :D

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:02 am

Once upon a time, I had the concentration and resources to delve into these kinds of sessions.

Now, it seems like joining in on these is about as limiting as the time I still spend in this community. And, I just don't see things changing, any time soon.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Sad, that, but completely understandable. Still, if you ever find the time and get a hankering, I'd love to see you there. :)

Christine KITT
Stranger

Post by Christine KITT » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:25 pm

I wish RPG but I wish play KITT.