Knight Registries Press Release

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Registries
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Registries Press Release

Post by Knight Registries » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TEL: 860-977-8882
E-mail: KnightRegsitries@gmail.com

KNIGHT REGISTRIES IS BACK WHERE IT BELONGS!
The original website that started it all, is back! Re-dedicated to owners of authentic replicas of K-I-T-T, the world famous star car from the 1980’s television series Knight Rider with original creator and founder Kevin Knight at the helm.

Knight Registries is the original company started in 1996, conceived and founded by a
Connecticut radio DJ using the professional alias “Kevin Knight”. He conceived the idea of cataloging the (at the time) few existing 3rd generation Pontiac Trans-Am & Firebirds that had been converted into replicas of the car seen on TV. Kevin had seen and heard of other collectors cars being deliberately advertised and sold as something other than what they at over $100,000, and wanted to do something to prevent it from happening with these custom cars. At that time in history it was believed that every last car used in the filming of the television series was crushed. To that fact, the remaining tour cars, and Universal Studios amusement parks were nothing more than replicas. This false information being believed by the public as truth meant that the unscrupulous could attempt to pass off their replica as a sole remaining car from the series. With the help of the original two vendors making replica parts of the time, and access to their customers, Knight Registries began. Early on a Florida replica owner helped get Knight Registries online, and to spread the word. Word spread so fast that, in 1998, a young Ohio web designer asked if he could help by creating and hosting an actual website for the growing hobby to seek out for information.
In 1999 the group held the first national convention in Vandalia, OH to coincide with the Trans Am Nationals. That tradition continued for a couple of years afterwards.
In late 2001 Kevin Knight took a leave of absence from the hobby for personal reasons leaving others in control of the online presence, in full faith that they would continue the work that Kevin had started with the name Knight Registries.
Shortly after Kevin’s departure, in 2002 events took place and the organizers of the Trans Am Nationals forbid Knight Registries to return. Since that time Knight Rider replicas are no longer welcome at their event.

In 9 short years the administrators of the dotcom, and the members of the online forum, had tarnished the brand due to politics, ulterior motives, and allegiances with certain vendors, groups, and individuals. In addition the administrators allowed the user forum, (of whom only a small percentage we’re owners, or individuals building a replica) to become the general reflection of the sites opinions. This resulted in completely tearing apart an already divided community of people with similar interests, and simultaneously destroying themselves in the process. Over the years, the public has incorrectly come to visualize a dotcom online entity as the entire brand of Knight Registries the company.

In the fall of 2012 original company founder Kevin Knight had seen photos of awards of recognition bearing his company’s original name, Knight Registries. Seeing this, and photos of attendees wearing 10 year old apparel with the brand name gave Kevin a sense of pride for what he had begun. In a short matter of time after resurfacing, Kevin was contacted by numerous members of the hobby with a warm reception. Some asking if he was ‘the’ “Kevin Knight” who started Knight Registries, and others going so far as to call him a “pioneer of the hobby”. The people who contacted Kevin reflected on the beginning of the hobby, and the period of time during the dotcom’s infancy. They reminisced about looking at all the photos displayed and dreaming about building their own star car, some of those people not even old enough to drive at the time. Enthusiasts explained how they missed the camaraderie that was lost years ago, and how they had hoped Kevin was willing to try and bring the Knight Registries name back to its former glory. With further investigation, it was apparent that the dot com had failed years prior. It was a community left practically deserted, with no new content in over 2 years. At that point Kevin began a fact finding mission to see where it all went south.
After 6 months of research into all things associated with the hobby, Kevin decided it was time to resurrect his company correctly and restore the tarnished brand name Knight Registries. A multi-part plan was laid out, and execution began with the creation of various forms of social media, as any viable company would possess. An outside web design firm was contracted, with no links to the hobby or its fans to create a new website, with a still to be decided new home. Original plans changed after a phone conversation with the individual owning the website domain name and unfortunately refused selling.

Going forward Kevin Knight and the company Knight Registries disavows any association with the dotcom bearing the same name, and any content therein.

After Kevin received the support of dozens, on July 4th, 2013 all plans for Knight Registries rebirth were put into action and the announcement was made. With the support of various existing online forums Knight Registries social media went LIVE. In just one weeks’ time Knight Registries business page reached over 100 members, with a 100% visibility to each person’s newsfeed, and 90% of those people talking about the new venture.

Currently an outside web design firm in Cary, NC is working on the advanced website projected for fourth quarter 2013.

Plans for 2014 include a promotional tour visiting independent KR based clubs around the country, and scouting locations... as the next couple years with support of the owners, we would like to reintroduce the Knight Registries Nationals.
Current plans include that each year the Nationals will be a four day event from Thurs-Sun, each year being held at a different host city. This type of event will allow owners of different regions the ability to attend, when they may have missed in previous years due to distance or circumstances. The location each year will be chosen with attention given to proximity to local attractions, and tourist destinations. With plenty to do and less restrictions due to over scheduling will allow the Knight Registries Nationals to be a more family friendly event. There would be a one day show, and banquet dinner will be held on Sat. night with speakers, and a few awards given.

The restoration of the Knight Registries company brand name has many stages, some of which have already been executed.

Stage 1 introduced Knight Registries to the social media phenomenon with the creation of a Twitter account created more than 6 months ago and soon followed by the official verified Universal Studios social media team.

Stage 2 included the creation of a public social media business page at Facebook.com. This location was created to house photos and information on cars actively undergoing the conversion process. This is also an area for owners only interested in creating a partial replica. The social media arm of Knight Registries is also to provide daily updates on products being introduced by replica parts vendors, restoration parts that are available from companies, and the ability to reach a larger audience with announcements.

Stage 3 was the creation of a private Knight Registries page for the owners to have a place of their own to discuss topics and share photos of their cars.

Stage 4 is a private site currently available to the vendors of replica parts. Created in Kevin’s attempt at unifying the hobby, from the top down, through healthy discussion between the people producing parts as a business. This is also the place for Knight Registries to confer with vendors about buyers who require assistance with purchased items, troubleshooting, and to help facilitate any dispute resolution.

Stage 5 will be the unveiling of a completely new Knight Registries website which will feature
• A showroom style listing of registered cars, complete with HD video
• An interactive world map showing owners, and location of all registered vehicles
• Information on how the futuristic ideas that went into the fictitious car have innovated car manufacturers and designers into making then impossible, features of today’s vehicles
• Links to the social media locations of Knight Registries
• Videos of and from replica vendors, as well as links to their websites and contact information
• The history of the 3rd generation Trans Am/ Firebird
• Informational database for replacement parts.
• Information on companies producing Pontiac/GM restoration parts
• How to protecting your investment with insurance policies geared for customized vehicles
• A store to purchase Knight Registries branded apparel and automotive specific products bearing the 2013 logo
• A portal for professional rental ie. Diamond Select Toys, GE, Universal Studios, and interested companies for owners willing to participate
• Event listings for regional Knight Registries sponsored 1day “no-nothing meets”
When the time comes:
• Information on the Knight Registries National Convention

Knight Registries at its core is an automobile club, with primary focus on replicas made to look as close as possible, to the original car, in the original television series. Kevin’s goal is to offer owners special treatment, entitlement, and a place to gather and share their cars with each other privately, and to the public. Knight Registries will act as an information portal, to enthusiasts interested in building such a replica from different parts produced by a vast number of vendors through videos, photos, references, and how-to instruction through a number of owners volunteering their time.

Each year of the Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am 1982-1992 will be handled by a registrar. Each registrar will handle registration of a specific model year through a required application of information and admission of 10 specific photos, which will then be processed for use onto the new Knight Registries website.
The Knight Registries registrars will also be available for all things pertaining to that year(s) of Trans-Am/Firebird.

Kevin’s passion for this hobby and the enthusiasts is unparalleled and is undertaking this task for no personal gain, and with the attitude of leaving all politics at the door. Kevin, with his experience in marketing, public relations, and promotions know-how, is ready to change the way some perceive the KR custom replica hobby. Knight Registries’ plan to reset the standard of professionalism as it relates to the intellectual property of Universal Studios and it’s trademarks.
Knight Registries hopes are that everyone will participate in, and support this endeavor as the only intention is to serve and protect the owners and their cars.

For questions, or more information please contact Kevin Knight or Knight Registries

K N I G H T R E G I S T R I E S
421 NORTH STREET •WINDSOR LOCKS, CT 06096
TEL: 860-977-8882
KNIGHTREGISTRIES@GMAIL.COM

Knight Registries and Kevin Knight would like to thank the following for their continuing support and assistance in this endeavor. Thank you.

Marc Brown
Joey Carrera
Joao Da Encarnacao
Christian Forget
Brenon Fulbright
Steve Fusco*
Joe Grondin
Billy Gunter
Jessica Hoskins*
Gary Hunter
Matthew Hunter
Joe Huth IV
Jonathan Imberi
Steve Laskowski
Rob Louisell
Bo McDonald
Michael Pajaro*
Mark Puette
Mark Scrivani
Paul Todd
Daniel Trujillo Jr.
Pete VanGorkom
Alex Wong

*amended 7/29/13

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Registries Press Release

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Wishing the new Registries all the best of luck. They have a long history of doing some amazing things with the fandom and I'm looking forward to what's coming next.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:45 am

I wish them well but I will pass on them. Haven't been a member for year's. There's only so much time in the day. With the three major kitt replica site's up and running. It is spreading the membership a little thin??

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:36 am

My advice to you Nelson and everyone else would to wait and see what they have to offer. If it's something new and useful or enjoyable to you, great! I'm sure they would love to have you participate. If you think it's more of the same-old-same-old, then just continue doing what you're doing.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

JamesBondMustangGT
Recruit

Post by JamesBondMustangGT » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Sounds like it's going to be an amazing site. Now I wish I was a car owner so I could be a part of it. I hope it does well. Knight Registries is always welcome at Las Vegas Car Stars.
James Anderson
http://www.Facebook.com/JamesBondDB9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.Twitter.com/JamesBondDB9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.LasVegasCarStars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Registries
Stranger

Post by Knight Registries » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Michael, Thank you very much for the welcome here.

Nelson, I hear your concerns and think I may be able to clear things up. With you mentioning the time crunch, I can only assume that you may be under the presumption that Knight Registries would be another website about KR, or a forum? I'm happy to rest your apprehension, as a forum is what Knight Registries will NOT be doing, ever. Yes, it will put all the pressure on us to continue to come up with interesting content, instead of relying on the users for content. I believe that KnightFoundation.net and the KnightRiderRevolution.com forums have the market all set if users want to discuss parts, vendors, seeking opinions, general opinions, etc. In my guarantee of no politics, Knight Registries will never have an opinion one way or the other, endorse a vendor for anything other than informational purposes; I've seen where that road leads. I hope that helps? In a nutshell, Knight Registries is going to offer the owner something no organization will, or has.
Knight Rider Online is a site dealing with ALL things of the Knight Rider franchise. The Knight Rider Historians have a lock on the original cars used in the filming of the series and official tour cars. Our unique niche and sole focus is the authentic replicas and the owners. Knight Registries going back to it's roots is an organization for the owner of a finished replica, and not just users of a site. To offer people the opportunity to actually be part of an organization that will work for them. Some of the things I'd like to do is work on specialized show car insurance for owners to protect their investment, items and apparel for members to purchase, privileges, events and other exciting things. I can't spill the entire bag of beans. All you have to do is own a completed replica, sit back, and enjoy. Going forward it will act as a world wide organization of car owners as actual members. In conclusion, Knight Registries is not only a website. Its time to reinvent the wheel.

All the Best
KK-

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Only have member's with finished replica's?? Don't you realize when most kitt replica owner's are done with the conversion process. They usually drop out of the online community. Because of all the BS that goes on with this hobby? I have a feeling it's still going to be very quiet at Knight Registries. But it's your website to run any way you like?

Knight Registries
Stranger

Post by Knight Registries » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 am

Knight Registries is not just a website. So yes to others, especially those without finished cars, it will appear pretty quiet. Most communication will be handled privately. The organization, events, plans and other particulars will be dictated by the support, needs, and desires of the owners. There's really nothing to say to those who have finished their replica, or anything making owners want to stay online. I can't say I blame any of them from wanting to drop out from the online community. Knight Registries goal is to create a community in the real world, and give owners something to belong to away from the computer.