A couple of TKR questions....

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

A couple of TKR questions....

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:13 pm

I recently watched some TKR and I was wondering if Dante cpu was modeled after Devon Miles??? And also I assumed KITTs main protocol was Protect Human Life, while KARR was self preservation.....with TKR vehicles, including KRO, was the preservation and protection of its specific driver. What are your thoughts about that?????

Tzigone
Volunteer

Re: A couple of TKR questions....

Post by Tzigone » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Dante didn't seem very Devon-like to me, but I'm open to the idea, if you have examples.

On their goals being preservation of one person, rather than all: it's definitely different, and I wouldn't think FLAG would want to do that after KARR. But then, TKR, KR2008, and KR2000 all have higher-ups doing stupid things (used for conflict for the storyline). That said, the cars in TKR are more "human" in their AI in that they seem to already have their emotions and they can take out a bad guy, if necessary. On thing I found unusual in TKR was KRO and the idea that car and driver influence and are influenced by each other. That was really only utilized in the one episode (though referenced other times) and they never did settle if the driver's mental instability infected the AI or the reverse.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:58 am

Dante kinda had that English accent similar to Devon which gave me an "Old School Feeling" when him and Kyle had conversations. KRO and Martin Jantzen or "Martin Knight" as I call him, closeness was similar to Michael and KITT, but with a sinister twist. KRO was dedicated to Martin, even pleading for Martin to escape while the hot metal destroyed him. I believe that Martin was unstable, but the car AI with the protocol of protecting its driver, due to Marland Technologies own vision as replacing
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:00 am

Dante kinda had that English accent similar to Devon which gave me an "Old School Feeling" when him and Kyle had conversations. KRO and Martin Jantzen or "Martin Knight" as I call him, closeness was similar to Michael and KITT, but with a sinister twist. KRO was dedicated to Martin, even pleading for Martin to escape while the hot metal destroyed him. I believe that Martin was unstable, but the car AI with the protocol of protecting its driver, due to Marland Technologies own vision as an "updated" Michael and KITT created this situation.

Tzigone
Volunteer

Post by Tzigone » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:58 am

I know Dante had a British accent, but I just guess I didn't find his personality or behavior that close to Devon's.

BTW, does anyone remember the episode that established Jenny had five brothers, all also in the military? I've seen that in character bios, but don't remember seeing it in a ep. I'm wondering if it came from promotional materials for the show, or if I just missed the scene.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:31 am

If Dante was modeled on Devon, that would be the first time I've ever heard of it.

As for the personalities of the AI's...there were clues as to some kind of mental build, based on their intended drivers. In a sense, that made it sound as if they might be running in their own kind of pseudo logic. I certainly don't remember it ever being stated that the cars had any true concepts of responsibility towards life or their drivers. It just seemed to be played with. I do remember this one scene where the woman ordered her convertible to attack and the AI refused, leaving the nerd and his bike to do the fireworks. (Too long ago. Don't remember names to this 'fan fiction with a budget' of a show.)

Tzigone
Volunteer

Post by Tzigone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 am

It was the second bike that refused to "destroy private property", not the convertible. Unless both happened. But one definitely did. Her bike was a rule-abiding sort. They were definitely supposed to complement their drivers. Erica's bike was the rule-abider to her rule-breaker. Domino was flirtatious and "fun" compared to Jenny's all business. OTOH, Trek's bike was an even bigger geek than he was.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Ok, in that same sense would you consider Dante the advisor to Kyle leadership? Or Beast the "Toughguy" to Duke's "Always Holding Back" type of attitude? But K.R.O. seemed closer to Martin than the others, kinda like Garth and Karr.

Tzigone
Volunteer

Post by Tzigone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:56 pm

No, I don't think I would. I can't say I have a good idea on how Beast and Dante are supposed to complement their drivers, to be honest. Beast is gung ho and no subtlety, but Duke isn't, as you mentioned, and I don't think Duke is always holding back or averse to taking the aggressive/direct approach, either. Not sure I'd peg Dante as adviser, either. I say they are meant to complement their drivers because the show said it, so I think that's what's intended. I can easily see how that works with three of the vehicles, but not so well with the other two. That said, Dante is probably my favorite vehicle of the five, because he doesn't (to me) have one trait that just overshadows all the others - he seems less caricatured.

Definitely I agree K.R.O. was closer to Martin than the TKR people and their cars. Not sure I deem that a good thing - Martin and K.R.O. almost seem to lack division between themselves, to not be whole without each other. And to be a messed up whole when they are together. Not a healthy dynamic.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Oops. Lol. I meant like Michael and Kitt, but with a Garth and Karr type of attitude.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Healthy.....maybe more like Dangerous. Unlike the TKR vehicles, KRO was made by the info they had on KITT. Which means virtually all strengths. Which seemed like he was the last FLAG vehicle with the MBS. (Although it wasn't actually stated but KRO was hit with MISSLES head on, and didn't get a scratch.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:13 pm

With the other TKR vehicles, they were armored, with regeneration to minor areas until that last episode when it was first tried on Dante. Thats why there were so many mechanics on Sky One. KRO didn't need a mechanic....just plenty of gas.