Knight Con 2013

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Con 2013

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 am

I wanted to make sure people were aware of Knight Con coming up in England.

To be honest, I don't have a lot of info so I'm hoping those more familiar with the event will chime in. What I DO know is that it's September 7, 2013, at the Amazing Xscape in Castleford.

Knight Rider UK has a thread about it, but please feel free to add info here as well.

http://knightrideruk.forum.st/t1999-kni ... nouncement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a gallery from last year. Two notes: 1) I LOVE the giant voice box! Very cool. 2) Check out the "image loading" icon when you enlarge a photo. Nice touch.

http://www.mykitt.de/galerie_treffen_kn ... p?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Clare82
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Con 2013

Post by Clare82 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Wow! I didn't even know England had one! :o
Looks like it would be really fun...god I want to go to this event!! :good: :mrgreen:
Does anyone know how much the stars charge for autographs?
"One man can make a difference"

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I think it was about £15 per autograph at last year's event. The event itself is free to attend, but the organisers also
usually offer limited edition VIP Platinum tickets. Last year these cost £30 each. They haven't released any details
about VIP Platinum tickets for this year yet. These tickets allow full access to the display and media area upstairs,
where they have original KR props on display, and an exclusive Q+A with the invited guests.

The VIP Platinum tickets also allow access to a special VIP night event on the night before the main daytime event.

Clare82
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Clare82 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:57 am

That sounds brilliant...I guess £15 isn't too bad :) I was expecting something in the £75 range to be honest!
Thanks for the extra info DJGM!
"One man can make a difference"

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:42 pm

No worries ... they usually post updates on the KnightCon Facebook page, so any details about VIP Platinum tickets
should appear there soon, as well as any details of guests they've invited to appear, and the price of autographs.

When KnightCon used to be hosted at the Watermill Premier Inn in Halifax, none of these extras were charged for,
the entire event was completely free. The event has become so big and has effectively outgrown that venue, so
they moved it all to the huge Xscape Centre, in Castleford near Leeds, which I guess is one of the main reasons
why they started charging for VIP access to meet the special guests and see the props, which is fair enough.
I am considering buying VIP access to this year's event after the details have been released

To view all the KITT replicas outside (and even a couple of TARDIS replicas) is still free on the main event day.