Knight Rider on Netflicks looks better then the DVDs

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightGTP
Recruit

Knight Rider on Netflicks looks better then the DVDs

Post by KnightGTP » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:38 am

I have been watching Knight Rider on Netflicks and I have to say its the best quality of Knight Rider I have seen. It looks great on my Nexus 7 and my Note II. Better then the DVDs for sure. I know we will never get cleaned up Blu ray sets but this pretty good. I recommend it to people looking for the best quality in Knight Rider.
1998 Pontiac GTP

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider on Netflicks looks better then the DVDs

Post by Dave Knight » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:39 am

too bad they are edited they look like the versions that were in the first run syndication in the late 80s. I re watched the pilot and they had the scene where the car thieves try to break into kitt the first time by throwing a brick at the window which bounces off and knocks down one of the thieves was cut out. too bad it is not the version that is on the DVDs.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:55 am

Netflix also has a problem with obtaining the rights to certain episodes or songs in the episodes.I'm watching Quantum leap and the had 5 seasons up but were missing the pilot so no one watching it for the first time will ever know how it all really began and they are also missing the series finale which was a great way to end the series.Quality may not be as great but the dvd's are really the best way to go.Not to mention that dvd's have special features such as commentary by Glen A. Larson and David Hasselhoff and other interviews.I like watching Netflix on my cell in waiting rooms or my lunchbreak at work.

77grandprix
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by 77grandprix » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm

In the pilot , on Net flix an ITunes the at the end after Tonya gets shot they cut the part out where Micheal is in the hospital and the boys asked for one more ride in Kitt and he says that might be a problem . Then it cuts to Micheal and Devon in Kitt being towed to the airport. Netflix doing this I can live with ,but I tunes with paying all the money is not cool at all. Dose this happen in any other episodes?

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

I don't know why Netflix and Hulu do this, but they use the 2 part syndicated cuts for the 2 hour episodes. I can understand why Itunes and Amazon do this - they get to sell 2 episodes instead of one.

The regular 1 hour episodes are usually uncut,unless there are problems with song rights. Sometimes, Netflix and the other online options have superior versions to the dvds. The Netflix version of White Line Warriors has the Prince song that has been replaced on the dvd, however, I'm pretty sure its the Prince song thats keeping Dead of Knight off Netflix and the G4 reruns. The season 4 episodes that had screwed up sound effects are fixed in the online versions and some of the episodes aren't as badly cropped as the dvds.

I've seen the same situation with other series like the A-Team. The Itunes release of the first season A-Team episode A Small and Deadly War contains a scene that was cut from the season 1 dvds.