What happened to KARR?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightfever
Operative

Re: What happened to KARR?

Post by knightfever » Sat May 18, 2013 10:42 am

Clare82 wrote:
Nicholas Knight wrote:I've seen in a couple of the classic episodes where KITT turns bad or when somebody gains access to his functions that his scanner did some weird things. I am not sure which eps, maybe Soul Survivor or Killer Kitt. But I consider the amber scanner a security protocol or an upgrade, since TDR Karr was more plainish, while in KvK, Karr was devious and calculating. Even in the 08 series, that version of Karr was determined to have Mike Knight as his "partner" deceiving Agent Torres and disobeying his protocol. But his own selfishness led to his destruction.....and having no nanotechnology ....lol
What weird things did KITT's scanner do? I'm pretty bad at noticing things like that! :roll:

The time I remember KITT's scanner being different from the norm was in the first season episode "Chariot of Gold." When Bonnie, who was brainwashed by the Helius group, "brainwashes" KITT the scanner, instead of going side to side as usual starts in the center of the scanner and two opposing lights go from the center out, similar to what the 2008 KITT's scanner did. KITT was taken over in the 4th season episode "Killer KITT" but I don't remember if his scanner was different in that episode.

Clare82
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Clare82 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Knightfever: Oh yeah! I remember that one now :) As for Killer KITT-I don't remember anything weird in that episode either but like I said, i'm a pretty bad observer!

Were there times where it was quicker than normal too? Or did it have lots of speed settings? Or maybe i've got it wrong?
"One man can make a difference"

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Sun May 19, 2013 7:22 am

In Soul Survivor KITT's scanner had different pattern when the car was under Randy's command. Hope this gif-animation will show up:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

I didn't note anyone mentioning it. But, in syndication, they actually cut out the minute's worth of scene where KARR's two tone paint job is explained and conducted.

And I've always wondered why an AI would yawn.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun May 19, 2013 2:11 pm

I think KITTs scanner moved faster in S4 Killer Kitt. I thought KITTs scanner was light red in Junkyard Dog when KITTs was grey I was mistaken. A little fact, there were 3 scanners shown in Team Knight Rider - K.R.O. one-dot scanner in episode K.R.O., Domino had a glowing red scanner halfway in the series, and on the last episode, a picture of KITT is seen on a wall.
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun May 19, 2013 3:11 pm

It was easy to miss. But Attack Beast also had a classic Kitt scanner, hiding away behind the grill. Although, it may have only been visible in one scene.

Clare82
Rookie

Post by Clare82 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:22 pm

jup wrote:I didn't note anyone mentioning it. But, in syndication, they actually cut out the minute's worth of scene where KARR's two tone paint job is explained and conducted.

Wow, you'd think that would be a bit to keep in! :o
How'd you find that out? :)

Thanks for uploading that scanner KITTfan! :good:
"One man can make a difference"

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed May 22, 2013 4:32 am

Clare82 wrote:
jup wrote:I didn't note anyone mentioning it. But, in syndication, they actually cut out the minute's worth of scene where KARR's two tone paint job is explained and conducted.

Wow, you'd think that would be a bit to keep in! :o
How'd you find that out? :)
Three ways, actually.

1) Back in the days before DVD and netfllx and on-line TV shows, we had VHS swapping. Some really dedicated fans had original recordings that could be duplicated and swapped through the mail. Comparisons with syndications and original airings could dig up such mistakes by the seemingly careless editing. I even heard that some syndication editing got so bad, it would make episodes into plot disasters.

2) Watching a syndicate episode and remembering stuff that just seemed to have disappeared. It can be a bit tricky to rely on memory. But, some scenes are unforgettable. Like how KITT drove sideways. Totally lost in syndication.

3) Being a member of this board. With so many discussions on things that went missing and oddities...etc, the ins and outs about Knight Rider were always a brain jogger.

Now, we have nearly air perfect episodes on picture perfect DVD and net downloads and a thriving community and multiple sequel/reboots to reflect upon. We have multiple games available. And even a potential theatre movie reboot. In a way, KR is like Star Trek. It's had many revivals. Only, none of them have ever surpassed the original Night of the Phoenix.