StarCar Rental Service

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

emg89
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

StarCar Rental Service

Post by emg89 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi guys. I have been a life long fan of knight rider and I am trying to get a company started through indiegogo that will rent out a KITT replica to people. I need your help guys with ideas on how to make this campaign work. Please take a look at the link and just please let me know what you think I can do to enhance the campaign. Thanks again guys.
http://igg.me/p/386845/x/804910

:kitt2:

Rob Louisell
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: StarCar Rental Service

Post by Rob Louisell » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:28 am

I checked out your site and you are using a photo I took of my cars in 2004. Please remove it from the site otherwise you will build your business on lies and thievery just as Jacob Wyatt.
Louisell Enterprises, Inc.
The world's first KITT replica company.

emg89
Stranger

Post by emg89 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:29 am

Sorry Rob! I guess I should have asked to use the picture first. I was talking about your company in the campaign though. Guess I will find another one with the snotty response I got. Hardly building a company on lies and thievery. Sounds like a 70s rock album. Anyway, sorry for pissing you off

knight1
Volunteer

Post by knight1 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:50 am

Rob don't be calling me a thief, I have stolen nothing from you. Your dash was made from an original so that don't make the design yours. You modified it just as I have modified it as we'll. Please drop it already it's been years of bs and I want peace already. I am a member of the kr community if you like it or not. I didn't get into this because of money I got into cause I enjoy building kitt cars for myself. Do you need me to stop being a vender? Will that make you happy? I know there's not a whole lot of people with cash to make these cars these days no to mention the cars are getting harder and harder to find, another few years and it's going over.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Let's take it easy please...
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:43 am

Erm...you should also check into the legal laws before venturing into such a line. The Knight Two Thousand is full of illegal modifications. Off the top of my head...the red scanner light. That swish-swash light under the hood is illegal for use on the streets. Red in front is for emergency vehicles, only. Kitt has no rear view mirror. Kitt has no seat belts. The gull wing steering wheel MUST be a circle. The black outs on the tail lights are too dark. The TV's in the dash are illegal. Other issues exist, too. So, it's a very nitche market you'd be entering to rent out cars that can't be driven.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:38 am

Jup, you just made me picture a guy in his replica getting pulled over and getting about 6 tickets from a cop who never saw Knight rider on tv.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:06 pm

If you want to speak of horror stories, under certain circumstances, cops can just outright take your car away from you and have it towed to the lot for either resale or just to flatout crush it. They have that much power over dealing with street racing. Hince why in Vegas, a special event pass was needed to let all those modified KITT's and star cars drive down the Vegas Strip.

So, if anyone's paying a ton of money to properly modify a classic Trans-Am into a KR car, they most certainly don't need some rule strict cop going further then a pad full of violations with their badge powers.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:17 pm

At first I thought you meant you would rent KITT out as a display for special events, but the customer wouldn't actually drive the car. That's something that Nate Truman is already doing with http://starcarcentral.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. But if you're talking about a true rental car... well, good luck with that.

Aside from the potential legal issues jup mentioned (and they might not all be deal-breakers), I think the liability alone would kill the business. I think it would be very difficult to get an insurance company to cover a 30-year-old rental car (which even a "brand new" replica would be) with all of the modifications.

I could see it working in Vegas as part of those high-end sports car rental places. You can rent a ferrari or a porsche for a few hours, so they could add a KITT and a deLorean and a Batmobile to their lot... They would get a bit of an insurance break with a group car discount. But a dedicated KITT-rental company? I just don't see how the business model would ever work.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:10 am

I don't think they can just take your car and sell it or crush it for running a red light or something like that. You would have to be racing or some crazy stuff for that to happen. If they did, Chicago would have a lot less cars Rollin on 24's

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:41 am

krkitt1 wrote:I don't think they can just take your car and sell it or crush it for running a red light or something like that. You would have to be racing or some crazy stuff for that to happen. If they did, Chicago would have a lot less cars Rollin on 24's
"...under special circumstances..."

One would have to run a record breaking number of red lights to qualify, I'm sure. (Probably involves a few snapshots of pedestrians flying through the air to avoid impact and such...a true representation of life endangerment.) No. The police invited the press to video tape the crushing of this street racer's car as an example of how hard they were cracking down on the illegal practice of street racing. This footage and warning aired shortly after the subtle law about even witnessing a street race without calling 911 could permit your being arrested was snuck in to the books.

Then again, in San Diego, there was this industrial district that the police didn't seem to tour. Local racers gathered there, as nobody else was around to make a phone call. While the early portion of the evening was relatively peaceful with a few challenges, the scene slowly changed into something chaotic and almost acted like a game of chicken as races started happening without any kind of obvious control in effect. It was around the time that the four motorcyclists started to do this criss-crossing thing on the main street at high speeds that me and my friends bailed the scene. So, with stuff like that happening, such laws might have been really needed.

Then again, there was the night in Hemet that the police stopped by the gathering spot NOT to scatter the potential racers from hitting the streets to race, BUT in fear that the local gang members might try a drive by shooting. Yea...nice town full of elderly retirees and young gangs with guns, that place was.