Hot wheels elite KITT/KARR voicebox

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jinkazama
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Hot wheels elite KITT/KARR voicebox

Post by jinkazama » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 am

Hi, folks.A while ago, I asked about which voicebox the hot wheels elite KITT car has, the 3 bar or square voicebox, and it was said that it made sense to make it with the square voicebox, and not the 3 bar voicebox, because making the 3 bar voicebox would be too difficult.However, as KARR had the 5 bar voicebox in both Trust Doesn't Rust and KITT vs KARR, hot wheels would have to make the elite KARR with the 5 bar voicebox, as it's the only voicebox KARR has ever had.I think this is a valid point to make, because if hot wheels make the elite KARR with a yellow square voicebox, it would be in-accurate, and as such, they should DEFINETLY make the super elite KITT with the 3 bar voicebox, as the elite KITT already has the square voicebox.Cheers. :kitt:

tuske427
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hot wheels elite KITT/KARR voicebox

Post by tuske427 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:39 am

There is a significant difference between printing a voice box graphic and making it light up. The Elite KARR voice box won't be lighting up.

The sequential voice box is too small at 1:18 scale to make it light up sequentially/ accurately.

jim010
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Hot wheels elite KITT/KARR voicebox

Post by jim010 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Why does it have to be sequential? We understand that there just isn't an LED that small that can replicate the sequential effect. A single LED I think is quite adequate for this scale.

A photoetch plate with the cutout pattern and a single LED would be just fine.

What I would love to see 4 things on your Super Elite later this year and a Super Elite KARR to save me the trouble of modding them viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :

1) Reposition the scanner circuit to get rid of the box under the nose. There is plenty of room in there.
2) Add carpet to hatch, floor and doors. It adds so much to the interior.
3) Add wires and more decals to engine bay. Need more detail.
4) Paint the black band on the hatch on the inside.
Attachments
carpet added
carpet added
5.JPG (111.28 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
repositioned circuit with housing removed
repositioned circuit with housing removed
7.JPG (101.16 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
black border paint on hatch removed
black border paint on hatch removed
6.JPG (122.01 KiB) Viewed 4908 times