Knight Rider Billet Aluminum Shifter Knob

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

1batt4u
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider Billet Aluminum Shifter Knob

Post by 1batt4u » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi all,

This is a custom made billet aluminum knob I made, based off the stock 1982 knob, as used in the show.

This is made for you cars from 1983-1992. The 1982 shifter mechanism is different than the ones used from 1983-1992. Since the knobs are hard to find these days and pricey sometimes. Most of all the stock knob will not fit 1983-1992 T/As, it has to be modified.

Every part on the knob kit is Anodized in Matte Black.

Consists of three parts:
1. Knob
2. Button/stem(one part)
3. "Insert Piece"

Selling Price is $100, for now, and everything will be packed well!!

Shipping within the 48 States will be $10 USPS Priority with Tracking!
International Prices have really increased, sorry to say! :( The Post Office raised their prices.
All international shipments from now on will be shipped USPS Express Mail (3-5days)with Insurance, due to some delays in the past, shipping took up to 4 months to Spain, 2 months to Italy!!!
Canada will be $40 all other places will be $60. Sorry guys, it is kind of pricey, but you will receive it within 3-5 BUSINESS Days, and there will be insurance just in case!

In the beginning I had the knobs Powder Coated in Black Texture, but had problems with the guy I went to. He took way too long, and didn't like his work or personality!
Plus powder coating was annoying, because as you can see from the pictures, the inside of the knobs couldn't be powder coated. I would have to tape up every single one and paint it carefully, which would make it thicker inside and the little round insert piece would have a hard time going in. The little screw hole on the bottom would also be noticeable.
Now with anodizing the whole knob is one color with out it getting thicker and not allowing other parts to fit.

Billet Knob Kit

Matte Black Anodized

PLEASE READ BELOW:
As you can see in the last picture, there's a spot that's missing some color, faded. Almost all the knobs are like that, some for or less, but not that bad. This is due to the way the guy had them connected.
Down below where the shifter is and with the button/stem inside I doubt it will really show. You guys can always touch it up!

Installation:

Install the Insert Plate to your desired direction!
Decide which side you want the little hole on the bottom to be mounted. Insert the "Vented Screw" included, and drill a hole with the small drill bit included! That way you can make a safe and precise mounting hole! After the hole is made, remove the Knob! Drilling takes only a few seconds, be careful, not to much pressure!

Use the 2nd Drill bit, included! This drill bit is the same exact size as the "Set Screw" that holds the knob in place!! Drill at a straight, even, steady pace!

When putting knob back on shaft for assembly, insert “Set Screw” on bottom hole, make sure you drill a nice hole, not too tight or you might want to go back and slightly drill just a tad for easier screwing!
Once Set Screw starts screwing in good, put the stem/button in, make sure you align the hole on the stem with the Set Screw! You will have to push down on the button inorder for the Set Screw to pass through the hole!

Here is the knob assembly installed and functioning in Billet form!
Billy C.

1batt4u
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider Billet Aluminum Shifter Knob

Post by 1batt4u » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Don't all answer at once!!!!
Billy C.

1batt4u
Rookie

Post by 1batt4u » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:59 pm

I had 3 knobs and 3 button/stems sandblasted prior to anodizing them, I heard it gives it a sort of a flat look to them. They are Flat Black, kind of look like Black Velvet.

I have 3 sets of these. Anyone wants one PM me, $100 plus shipping/handling.

Billy C.

1batt4u
Rookie

Post by 1batt4u » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Anyone wants a knob $100 till end of the month!! Starting April price will go up to $110
Billy C.

1batt4u
Rookie

Post by 1batt4u » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Knobs are still $100 till this coming Sunday. After that will be $110!
Billy C.

1batt4u
Rookie

Post by 1batt4u » Wed May 29, 2013 1:19 pm

A few people through out the forums asked me if I had a Memorial Weekend Sale or gonna have a Summer Sale.

So gonna make it a Summer Sale starting Now. Til end of June.

Knob kits are:
$90 Shipped within the US.
$135 Shipped International.

I was selling them at $110 at a bargain! Take advantage of the Super deal!!!!

Thank you!
Billy C.