KR AND HOT WHEELS

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KR AND HOT WHEELS

Post by krrdr2010 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Have any of you noticed that Hot Wheels hasn't re-released any more 1:64 versions of KITT for 2013? This is strange to me, Because when they did the A-Team Van, the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters, and the Back to the Future DeLorean in that size, there was plenty to go around(I found an A-Team van on a peg at a toy store two months ago), Yet, they haven't to my knowledge done that for KITT. Maybe it's due to Knight Rider's Global Popularity, which I think has jumped due to KITT appearing in Commercials for GE.-IT'S GOT TO BE SOMETHING!!!!
And, Maybe the Most Frustrating to Me, WHY WON'T THEY PUT THE HOT WHEELS RETRO IN STORES? It is the one thing I search for every chance I get, and so far I've had Zero Luck. I know that Somebody found a 1:43 scale of KITT(which looks cool, by the way) at a Toys-R-Us Overseas when he was on a buisness trip. I just have one question for Mattel and Stores in the U.S.-WHY IN GOD'S NAME WON'T YOU PUT IT IN TOYS-R-US HERE? With Brick and Mortar stores losing Money and Customers to Online Stores and Comic Book and Collectable Shops, You would think these stores would jump at the chance to put items in their stores from Something that has such a Devoted fan base as Knight Rider(i've been one for almost 31 years, and I'm Proud to be One). I hope they do it soon.
These observations were things I needed to get off my chest, and I hope I'm not the only fan that feels this way. :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

DanielB
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KR AND HOT WHEELS

Post by DanielB » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm

You're more likely to find the 1:18 and 1:43 Elite KITTs in a model shop - they're detailed collectibles with a premium price tag. Try your local diecast/hobby shop, or look online.

knightfever
Operative

Re: KR AND HOT WHEELS

Post by knightfever » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 pm

I actually found two of the KITT's from the retro series in my podunk's Wal-mart. Which is nice because I only managed to get one of the First Editions 2012 KITT's last year.