kickstart a KR 2008 sequel TV movie

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

t-knight
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

kickstart a KR 2008 sequel TV movie

Post by t-knight » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 am

Hi!
I visiting the KRO for years, but new on the forum.

I just heard about the success of the Veronica Mars movie kickstarter campaign.
I think we, KR fans should try something similar to get a sequel TV movie to KR 2008 (and if that succeed, maybe there will be more). The movie could be on SYFY (or NBC, USA etc NBCU channel). The campaign should be promoted on facebook, twitter etc. to reach many KR fans as possible.

I don't know how kickstarter works, maybe the rights owner studio should start the campaign, so I just shared my idea and other fans, KRO leaders know, how to continue...

p.s I'm not english, so sorry for possible language mistakes.

Transparent
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: kickstart a KR 2008 sequel TV movie

Post by Transparent » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 am

I certainly think a KnightRider TV movie funded this way is a great idea.

Why focus on the 2008 series?

t-knight
Volunteer

Post by t-knight » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:51 am

I liked the 2008 series, it was like a KR season 5.
I don't think a remake, reboot, spin-off would be good for the franchise (like KR 2000, TKR (KR 2010)).

A reimagination could work, but it needs too much time to make a good concept, script and another "car of the future".
Nowadays there are electric vehicles, (some kind of) self driving cars etc. that is why I think it is hard to create a car that could fit to a "car of the future".
And because of this, in a few years there will be nothing special about a movie with the high tech car and its mysterious good driver.

I think, if KR not coming back soon, it will gone forever, and the 2008 series has a good base to keep the franchise alive for a few years with (good quality, not SYFY Saturday) TV movies, or DVD movies.

Krinkle
Stranger

Post by Krinkle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:38 pm

I was just going to start a similar thread "Create Kickstarter campaign for KR 2008 Season 2 Pilot".

Looks like I'm not the first who got inspired by the Veronica Mars kickstarter campaign. I'll reply to this thread instead.

I've been a huge fan of the original series and recently re-watched the Knight Rider 2008 series as well. I believe it's very unfortunate that the show got cancelled after the first season.

The end of the first season of KR2008 is pretty much how I envisioned how the beginning of KR2008 should have been. They spent way too much time with the big FBI integration black-op "team knight rider" concept which is (I think) why many people lost interest. Michael Knight + KITT and no more than 3 or 4 people in supporting main cast is what makes it work well so well. And that's exactly what KR2008 has become, except it was too late and the show got cancelled.

The state of where things are at towards the end of KR2008 I think could be a solid foundation for a second season and, hopefully, more.

The last few episodes of KR2008 season 1 reminded me a lot of the very beginning of the original series with Michael Long at Wilton Knight's death bed. Charles Graiman (close to death vs. hologram after death) telling Michael Knight he (they) need to lead the (new) FLAG and make a difference and crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law!

Back to the subject:

We should get a proposal going (personally I'd vouch for a 2-hour episode with hopes of a becoming the opening of the second season).

Once we have a bit of a crowd going here, before we start the actual Kickstarter, we should poke some of the key people involved (perhaps via Twitter and Facebook) so we get some moral support going and get the word out there. Though the actors don't call the shots, if they're supporting the cause, there's a good chance it'll stick. It would be unfortunate if the Kickstarter was a success but the key people aren't interested - better get in order ahead of time whether they are at least willing to do it (if the Kickstarter becomes be a success).

For key people, who was involved in getting KR2008 going in the first place? Who had the guts to get that going originally? Perhaps we can get them on as well.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 pm

They have torn down the KR 08 sets and closed up shot so I doubt it will happen. They have even sold off the Mustang's that were used.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm

I would not be to sure because with old KITT in the TV ads we seen it seems like no one wants to give up hope on "Knight Rider" since 1986 people has told David they want him back Brandon the guy that used to be like CEO of NBC died so i think the whole point is there is people out there that do not want Knight Rider in the grave as long as they remember what Knight Rider did for us. The KR 2008 series had a good start but they made it more like "CSI" and i guess these people got the whole wrong idea between "Viper" and "Knight Rider" "Viper" worked good because they did it there way because over a hot super car. So let's wait and see my guess is they might be secretly getting Knight Rider Back.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Lets do it, Hell, They can use my KITT Mustang if they need one.......

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm going to Vegas, So we should put something together to see what people think and maybe some of the cast would be there and get involved. Paul campbell and I had a long talk about it last time, I think he would be up for it......

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm

when is this Knight Rider Con?

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

May 17th and 18th

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:32 pm

what hotel? info

t-knight
Volunteer

Post by t-knight » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 am

Krinkle!

You speak my mind!
krkitt1 wrote:Lets do it, Hell, They can use my KITT Mustang if they need one.......
Thanks for your offer! :D :good:
Skav wrote:They have torn down the KR 08 sets and closed up shot so I doubt it will happen. They have even sold off the Mustang's that were used.
A new story don't need the SSC (set). It could take place on a new (more friendly) base.

Also they could use a new car body, a fresh Mustang (Knight 3000 2.0 (not KITT 2.0 from the Las Vegas episode, as I know the Knight XXXX stand for the car body and Knight Industries XXXX stand for the AI)).

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:46 pm

It would be awesome to try and get Knight Rider 08 back. Though as I've said from the Knight in shinning armor episode they did, they went wrong with the FBI being involved. Had they kicked off the series like the last five episodes they did then I think more people would have been into it. Because most people remember the Original Knight Rider and they will just have to realize that, sadly, the time of the Trans Am has past. The Mustang was a pretty good choice if you ask me. I myself built the Knight 2000 and loved it. Now I am almost finished with my Knight 3000 mustang. I'm sure that given a chance it could make a real big comeback. If done right from the start and maybe something to bring the generations together? Say something with Michael Knight Sr and K2000?

t-knight
Volunteer

Post by t-knight » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 am

One of my ideas for a sequel:
Michael Knight and KI2T are attacked and kidnapped by an unknown old enemy. KI2T was able to send a weak message to FLAG base, so Mike, KI3T and the rest of the team are try to find and rescue the "older Knights". The enemies plan is to make money by selling KI2T and get revenge by killing Mike and after that Michael. Mike and KI3T interrupt the selling of KI2T, join forces, find Michael and defeat the enemy.

Title could be:
Knight Rider: Knightcall
Knight Rider: Knight Blood

:)

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:25 am

oh man, i would love to see a comeback

Even if the old sets and cars have been sold off, they can still bring it back.

kickstarter is the way forward!

i even think this could bring in Hasselhoff to the movie/show.

Bring back Bruening, Russo and Hasselhoff, and that other tech guy.

They can use a mobile Truck ala the original series!

why waste money on pointless sets???

its needs to go back to basics

And even if they needed a set, they could easily get a warehouse and make a nice cheap set without all that rubbish stuff from last time.

Keep it simple, cheap, small number of cast members, less cgi and more stunt work.

IT WILL WORK

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 am

How about bringing it back in real time - five or so years from where we left off? They could use this to explain any changes in set or casting.

Robster
Recruit

Post by Robster » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:39 pm

The time of the Trans Am has passed!?! Then how come KITT is still the coolest looking car on the street even TODAY? Yeah,the mustang is nice too,but KITT still looks good.

Would LOVE the show to come back,or even a movie.

J-R!

t-knight
Volunteer

Post by t-knight » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am

egotastic.com said (and other sites too, but i wanted to see something hot today): "Veronica Mars Might Have Kickstarted a Revolution".

I don't think so!

I can't believe a teen P.I. (or what) chick from a few years earlier (just 3 seasons on a weak channel (OK i know the original KR had 4 seasons and the others pfff)), has stronger cult following than Knight Rider...

:cry:

... and now others can burn me in fire with their comments but i'm still and will be sad.

t-knight
Volunteer

Post by t-knight » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Hello SYFY!
If you look well pleased with Sharknado, don't you think even a MQ KR 2008 seaquel can do more than that in ratings?
It can't be more expensive then 2 SGU episode!

FYI: i don't like the idea of a Starsky and Hutch style silver screen adaptation of KR, but with the first draft will be written by a comedy writer...

... so i still belive a KR 2008 sequel is the real deal!

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:48 pm

A Reunion Movie with both the cast Original Series and the 08 Series would be Super Awesome!!! Even Dukes of Hazzard had 3 reunion movies...even after the passing of Sorrell "Boss Hogg" Brooke. This needs to happen ASAP!!!!!!
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:54 pm

although its a longshot but i agree we need another season for kr2008 to continue the series.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:55 pm

t-knight wrote: FYI: i don't like the idea of a Starsky and Hutch style silver screen adaptation of KR, but with the first draft will be written by a comedy writer...

... so i still belive a KR 2008 sequel is the real deal!
Nobody want's a S&H style or the turd that the Dukes movie was again, it's all about the balance. Too goofy and we'll watch it once and probably hate it, too serious and we''ll probably hate it. I have no idea about writing movies but if they get the balance of cool car/hi-tech and comedy right it could be awesome. No doubt they will tap into the F&F type market for the motion picture but that might not be a bad thing as it could well gain the younger fast cars/OTT action audience attention which could well mean $$$ in the bank and a sequel so long as it's done right.

I liked the A-Team remake and that deserved a sequel IMO because 70% of it was done right and they could have expanded on which is a shame but if they get the KR balance of Action (cool s**t) heart and comedy right they will be on to something. Lets wait and see! :good:

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Well im just referring to a Tv Reunion movie, not the theater. The reunion movies of the Dukes was WAY Better than the Movie...

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Nicholas Knight wrote:Well im just referring to a Tv Reunion movie, not the theater. The reunion movies of the Dukes was WAY Better than the Movie...
Yeah I agree but I can't see that happening after KR08 got canned but here's hoping to an at least half decent KR movie based off the original pilot KOTP. :good:

I'm more worried the movie gets green lit and they make it goofy because you then can't unwatch it, hopefully they do the show justice, if they do ever give it the green light! :)

Oh and this movie could so work if it's handled properly, I hate to bring up the F&F franchise again but aiming at that audience will put butts in the theatre seats. Cool car chases, heart and comedy plus some added super hi-tech gadgets&tech will work. They have to get Kitt right though, not sure if he should be a smart talking current car or some kind of wise guy prototype vehicle but I think if they nail the character of OG Kitts AI it will please us old school fans.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:25 pm

I personally disagree, weeezl. Again, I gotta bring up Dukes..lol. Dukes of Hazzard had THREE reunion movies years later after its show ended. Due to the popularity of the Bandit movies FOUR TV movies were created by its Original Creator Hal Needham. CHIPS even had a Reunion, CHIPS 99....which had a surprise guest cameo by KIFT. Speaking of KIFT, that movie was kinda like a Reunion movie with the Big 3 - Michael Knight, Devon, and KITT. I can't say a reunion is impossible....