Van vs KITT?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Van vs KITT?

Post by 86678 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi, I think this falls under general discussion. My sister was watching this movie on Youtube big Time Movie, With big Time Rush in it. Then she asked me to watch a part of it, Then I saw a BLACK van, With AI, And a RED SCANNER like the MUSTANG KITT's. Not to be a tadletale "Think that's how you spell it" But do you think NBC might be able to have legal action or something? SInce the new KR isn't that old. Or should I forget about it? Thanks for reading. :kitt:

P.S.
Forgot to mention that one of the characters is named Jennifer Knight,

Storybird5
Stranger

Re: Van vs KITT?

Post by Storybird5 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm

I've heard of Big Time Rush, but not this movie. I'm definitely going to check this out now.

I'm not sure, since I don't have a whole lot of law knowledge, but if they have a character named Jennifer Knight and have that vehicle the way you described it...it sounds like that could be a copyright issue. But maybe they got permission beforehand?

Aydann.
Rookie

Re: Van vs KITT?

Post by Aydann. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm

http://bigtimerush.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Time_Movie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you scroll to the bottom to 'Trivia' it says "Penny Lane V.A.N is parody of K.I.T.T from the series Knight Rider."

EDIT:

I did a bit of research, here's a couple pictures of the 'Big Time Movie'. It honestly has nothing to do with Knight Rider, apart from the van can talk. It's a cheap low-budget movie filmed in London about a boy band who have to 'save the world' in order for them to play a gig. In my opinion, it's quite embarrassing Knight Rider is mentioned on their wiki page.

One man can make a difference, Michael.