FLAG Mobile Unit Question and a couple of others

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Aragorn
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

FLAG Mobile Unit Question and a couple of others

Post by Aragorn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:01 am

Does anyone know if they released an updated model (year 2000 onwards) of this truck in 1/64 or 1/43? I'm starting to rebuild my 80s vehicle collection and this is almost as important to me as KITT is.

Also, minor questions:

1. Is KITT (2000) waterproof or can it operate underwater? I watched a rerun of that new KR series showcasing its underwater ability. Anyway, I had a faint glimpse of an episode where Bonnie was asking Michael where all that seaweed came from. Can't peg the exact season and episode number, though.

2. Is the Knight Rider Companion book available internationally.. Or the better question would be, can it be shipped anywhere outside the U.S.? I won't be going home in 5 months and I would love to get me and my friend a copy.

Thanks!

Teme84
Volunteer

Re: FLAG Mobile Unit Question and a couple of others

Post by Teme84 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 am

Some answers to your minor questions:

1.As an example, we saw KITT swimming in the episode Return to Cadiz (season 2 episode in the original show) and somebody can correct if I'm wrong but I don't remember swimming would have damaged KITT in any way.

2.You can try Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aragorn
Volunteer

Post by Aragorn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks! Will be ordering all 3 books (Legacy, Companion, and 30) as soon as I familiarize myself with the customs laws here.

You're right! I forgot about Return to Cadiz!
As for the other episode, I was able to track it down: Episode 12 from Season 1 (Plush Ride)
Bonnie: Michael, what is this?
Michael: Seaweed.
Bonnie: What is seaweed doing under KITT's hood?
Michael: Yeah, well, I can explain that.
KITT: Perhaps you shouldn't, Michael.
Bonnie: Uhhhh, don't tell me that...
Michael: Remember all those jewel robberies down at the marina? Well it turns out the two thieves are scuba divers. Anyway, KITT and I are on the pier and these two guys they jumped right in the ocean, so naturally -

And they were promptly interrupted by Devon. I guess it's safe to infer that it is ok for KITT to be submerged for a reasonable period of time.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by imranbecks » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:16 am

I bought the Knight Rider Companion book from the Companion website a couple of months ago and it arrived at my doorstep within a week and was actually posted out from Nick Nugent himself.. And I'm in Singapore, so yeah, they can mail it out overseas :-)

As for the FLAG Mobile Unit, no official model of it was made since the official model kit of the truck from Aoshima back in 2002 or 2003 I believe. The rest I've seen since then over the years are custom made ones in various scale. I'm still in the process of finishing up my 1/64 FLAG truck as we speak...

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 am

very cook picture..

Aragorn
Volunteer

Post by Aragorn » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 am

That is one sick looking ride! What did you use as a base model and what is your plan for the logo - decal or handpainted? Also, any plans on decorating the interior?

A week of waiting is perfect. My work is based in SEA, so the shipping time should be more or less the same (noticed the Air Asia advert as well and that is what I use to jump from place to place. Love their Tune Hotels more though, hehe). How much were you charged for shipping and handling? I just don't want a repeat of an experience I had with UPS int'l shipping where it took almost 4 months for the package to arrive.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 am

Aragorn wrote:That is one sick looking ride! What did you use as a base model and what is your plan for the logo - decal or handpainted? Also, any plans on decorating the interior?

A week of waiting is perfect. My work is based in SEA, so the shipping time should be more or less the same (noticed the Air Asia advert as well and that is what I use to jump from place to place. Love their Tune Hotels more though, hehe). How much were you charged for shipping and handling? I just don't want a repeat of an experience I had with UPS int'l shipping where it took almost 4 months for the package to arrive.
I used a CAT 1/64 trailer truck..hahaha.. I will use a decal for the FLAG emblem on the sides. This was the truck before the modifications...>>>

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 am

I bought mine from Ebay years ago. It needs a little dusting.

http://s23.beta.photobucket.com/user/Sp ... sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aragorn
Volunteer

Post by Aragorn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 pm

imranbecks wrote: I used a CAT 1/64 trailer truck..hahaha.. I will use a decal for the FLAG emblem on the sides. This was the truck before the modifications...>>>
Is that just a sticker on the container?

Aragorn
Volunteer

Post by Aragorn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Skav wrote:I bought mine from Ebay years ago. It needs a little dusting.

http://s23.beta.photobucket.com/user/Sp ... sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hehe, at least that's all that needs to be done.

Btw, is the Goliath from your avatar also from ebay?

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Yeah.. Thats a sticker on the container..

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:11 am

Aragorn wrote:
Skav wrote:I bought mine from Ebay years ago. It needs a little dusting.

Hehe, at least that's all that needs to be done.

Btw, is the Goliath from your avatar also from ebay?
No, I had that especially made for me by Tony Westwood who hangs around over at the knightrideruk.com forum. There are only two of those made, one of which was shown at the Knightcon 2010 event. I loved it so much that I just had to ask him to make me one!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 am

I've just completed my 1/64 FLAG semi... Enjoy the photos....!