Rest In Peace Cliff Osmond

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Rest In Peace Cliff Osmond

Post by kitt1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:48 pm

It is sad to report the passing of actor Cliff Osmond. He played Michael Long's old police partner Jim Courtney in the KNIGHT RIDER episode Knights of the Fast Lane . Below is a report from The Chicago Tribune.

Actor Cliff Osmond dies at 75
Actor and noted Hollywood acting coach Cliff Osmond, whose long career included roles in the Billy Wilder films "Irma La Douce," "Kiss Me Stupid," "The Front Page" and "The Fortune Cookie," died Dec. 22 in Pacific Palisades, Calif., after fighting pancreatic battle for four years. He was 75.

Osmond made his first appearances on television in 1962, guesting on shows including "Twilight Zone," "The Rifleman," "Dr. Kildare" and "The Untouchables" in that year alone. Other TV credits during the period included "Have Gun Will Travel," "Wagon Train," "77 Sunset Strip," "Batman" and "The Flying Nun."

His first film role was an uncredited bit in the Western epic "How the West Was Won."

I was lucky enough to be Facebook friends with Cliff and had several discussions with him. He was a great guy. I even tried to talk him into attending the KNIGHT RIDER event in Los Angeles back in October, but he thought no one would remember him.

Here is a link to his IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0652109/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cliff also was a fantastic acting teacher and taught classes and workshops all over the US. Here is a link to some Youtube videos of some of his acting viewpoints. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNPm7pyH1zw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There are 9 segments of videos.

Cliff Osmond was a consumate actor and a class act. He will be missed.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

jyd85
Operative

Re: Rest In Peace Cliff Osmond

Post by jyd85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear it. One of my favorite scenes with Michael is when he and Jim are arguing in the hospital.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

Tbird100636
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tbird100636 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:19 am

RIP Cliff Osmond.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 pm

My favorite scene of his was when he was talking aout how only Michael Long would know his old beat.How no one else would know where his patrol sector was.

Rest in Peace Cliff Osmond.

chin-up-27
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by chin-up-27 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I absolutely adore this episode. In my top 10 easily.

:good: Cliff