Anyone ever notice...?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Anyone ever notice...?

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:32 am

I must be getting old because I'm starting to forget what was the purpose of the green buttons on the side of kitt's gullwing steering wheel.Anyone know the reason they were there for?

I seem to recall something about Mark's Custom Kitt's buying one of the remaining screen used Kitt's and he might have mentioned they activated the scanner on the season 3/4 model,not sure if i'm remembering it right but if anyone knows please share.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Re: Anyone ever notice...?

Post by Skav » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:44 am

I've seen that before but I have no idea what it does. Activating the scanner could be right.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KittCARR
Recruit

Post by KittCARR » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:05 am

That's something that is never really explained throughout season 3 and 4. I really loved the look of it, personally. There are a couple screen shots out there where you can see the black cap opened. Nothing really under there but a push button, I believe.

I added that gullwing to my Kitt:

Joey.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Wow that dash looks amazing.Wonder what it looks like all lit up.

I found a few more shots of the mysterious green button:

In the season 3-4 intro

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 pm

KittCARR, I just spent about 30 mins going through your cardomain, amazing job and so accurate to the show! Really the most complete one I've ever seen, beautifully done.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:40 am

KittCARR ,I just went through your website.That kitt looks amazing.Where did you end up putting that spm panel by the way?

It really looks like you put in a lot of love and care into putting that kitt together with all those pics.incredible.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Wow that dash looks amazing.Wonder what it looks like all lit up.

I found a few more shots of the mysterious green button:

In the season 3-4 intro

It appears that in this version of the steering wheel, the green button moved. It would be under Michael's right thumb instead of outside of the left side of the wheel as it appears in the first pictures. You guys must have eagle eyes. I've been watching the show since it began in 1982 and I have never noticed that button.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Funny yopu should mention my eagle eyes.Yesterday I was watching Custom Kittand believe it on not the original broadcast of that episode had more to show than the dvd versions we had.We all know that dvd's are famous for showing more on the left and right sides of a vhs copy but I saw what could only have been a camera mount on Michael's door on kitt.I tried finding it on the dvd but it was shown closer up hiding the mount entirely.

KittCARR
Recruit

Post by KittCARR » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. It truly was a labour of love. Just a few more pieces to add and it will be pretty well completed.
I actually didn't install the SPM panel anywhere. I just use it as a display piece with the car, along with the Auto Window panel, the Oxygen vent, and the Chemical Analyzer.

Joey.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:17 am

It was said in reviews that the DVD's are cropped but the one advantage I find of cropping is that they hide a lot of the mistakes. In Slammin Sammy's....you could always see Michael holding a round steering wheel, but on the DVD's you can't see this.

I guess for purists (and I am one depending on what it is), this is not a good thing but, whatever.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;