Knight rider gatherings in the northeast?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightroto
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight rider gatherings in the northeast?

Post by knightroto » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:29 pm

are there any northeastern knight rider gathering/shows lately? I haven't heard of one, however i would like to attend one if such exists.
i may be interested in hosting one if there aren't (provided i get a location etc.)

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight rider gatherings in the northeast?

Post by kitt1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:08 pm

knightroto,
If no one else is putting on a KNIGHT RIDER event in your area, do it yourself. That's how SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA started. The only other event at that time was the one put on by KNIGHT REGISTRIES in Ohio. For a lot of people, including myself, that was too far to drive. So I decided to put on my own regional event for those of us in the Southeast. The first year there were less than 10 people and 4 KITT replicas in various stages of completion. Including my own. There were folks from Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky. We had no celebrity guests. It was just a way for some KNIGHT RIDER people to get together for a Saturday.

Now we get attendees from all over the country and even Canada. We usually have about 4 KNIGHT RIDER celebrities. It took several years to build up to that. But everyone has a great time. I encourage you to start something up in your area. Make an interest post on the various KNIGHT RIDER web boards. Start small with maybe a Saturday lunch get together at some place like T.G.I. Friday's, Bennigans, etc... You'll find out that everyone will end up hanging out in the parking lot talking. Where exactly are you located? I wish everyone would put a location on their profile. It makes it easier to know people. Just my opinion.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at mpuette@hotmail.com. I'm more than happy to give you any input. I think there's plenty of room for more events in various parts of the country. And of course outside the US. While SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA gets it's share of KITT & KARR replicas, it's not required to attend. It is a KNIGHT RIDER event for EVERYONE. Good luck, and I hope you move forward with your idea.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
knightroto wrote:are there any northeastern knight rider gathering/shows lately? I haven't heard of one, however i would like to attend one if such exists.
i may be interested in hosting one if there aren't (provided i get a location etc.)

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:22 pm

knightroto wrote:are there any northeastern knight rider gathering/shows lately? I haven't heard of one, however i would like to attend one if such exists.
Where are you? I live on Long Island in New York and I would love to see this happen. I have a disability that prevents me from driving too far, so if you had one, say, at Stonybrook University, count me in!!!

Chris

knightroto
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by knightroto » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:08 am

Guys, I'm in Connecticut. Right now it's a pipe dream, but I shall look into it. I'd like a place in my stage, believe it or not there are come great places here. I have people I can contact with know how in such of a field. We have a lot of great car shows and cruises. I have a wip pilot replica of my own so I'd like to see some others and just have a good time as kitt1 said. It's feasible and probable to get one going I feel and understand

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Check out (the foundation and knight rider revolution) websites unless you are already a member? Lot's of replica owners are there. 8)