A Knight Rider Reunion

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

A Knight Rider Reunion

Post by Nicholas Knight » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 pm

I know it has been about 30 years since Knight Rider has graced NBC, I wonder if they will ever make a reunion movie, with the original cast and (maybe) the 2008-09 cast. Even though the the 08 TV movie was kinda "out there", that iconic scene where Micheal Knight talks to Mike Traceur reminds me of when Wilton Knight talked to Micheal Knight in the first episode on the Original Series. Maybe it could have a storyline where somebody from the past is trying to kill the original team of FLAG members..... What do you guys (and/or gals) think about it???
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

blowersho
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A Knight Rider Reunion

Post by blowersho » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Nicholas Knight wrote:I know it has been about 30 years since Knight Rider has graced NBC, I wonder if they will ever make a reunion movie, with the original cast and (maybe) the 2008-09 cast. Even though the the 08 TV movie was kinda "out there", that iconic scene where Micheal Knight talks to Mike Traceur reminds me of when Wilton Knight talked to Micheal Knight in the first episode on the Original Series. Maybe it could have a storyline where somebody from the past is trying to kill the original team of FLAG members..... What do you guys (and/or gals) think about it???
I think KR 2000, even though I loath it was the reunion movie. It had the Hoff, Mulhare and Daniels, no other spin off has had that many characters from the original series. Too much time has past to have a reunion now, Edward is gone, I think Patricia quit acting a long time ago, William is in his 80's and probably isn't interested in providing his voice and the Hoff, well he is the Hoff and some like him and some don't. There would also be many issues with GM in regards to bringing the Trans Am onto the screen again. IMO the way forward is too start anew, same basic story with a new car, new actors with a modern twist to the timeless mythology.

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: A Knight Rider Reunion

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:37 pm

It's unfortunate, since Dukes of Hazzard had 3 reunion movies. Even after Brooke Sorrel (Boss Hogg) passed away, they managed to do the reunion movies. Although the character and actor of Devon Miles is passed away, FLAG still existed.

In the Original Series, Devon was over FLAG......with Jennifer Knight becoming Head of Operations in Season 3, right?

James Marland/ Marland Industries had taken it over in the Team Knight Rider timeline.

Russ Maddock had taken it over after Devon's passing in the Knight Rider 2000 TV movie.

And although much details aren't known, The FBI and Charles Graimen reactivated FLAG at the end of the Knight Rider 2008 TV movie.

Maybe it's just my opinion, but I believe a Knight Rider Reunion with (old series) RC3, Micheal Knight, April Curtis, Bonnie Barstow,KITT (2000) combined with (new series) Mike Knight, Billy, Sarah, Zoe, Charles Graimen (in flashbacks) and KITT (3000), would be what the fans want.......
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.