Tale of the Tape: Knight 2000 vs. Knight 3000

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Tale of the Tape: Knight 2000 vs. Knight 3000

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

This may seem like an old topic, but I don't think we ever actually compared the two KITTs on a feature-by-feature basis. This isn't really a question of which car we prefer, but more like which car is better at specific things.

Here are two features to get started:

Top Speed
I hate to bring up the controversial issue of the Trans Am's top speed, but in terms of what we actually saw ON SCREEN the car could do about 310-315 mph. We saw the Mustang do 377 mph ON SCREEN.
Advantage: Knight 3000

Armor
They have different philosophies: the Trans Am's MBS tries to prevent damage, the Mustang's nano-skin tries to repair damage. Both cars are bulletproof. Both cars can survive missile attacks. We've seen the Trans Am crash through steel-reinforced cement and even through the side of a mountain. The Mustang never did anything like that.
Advantage: Knight 2000

Some other categories people can take a stab at, or come up with new ones:
Intelligence
Turbo Boost
Scanners (I think this is a huge discussion for another topic perhaps)
Weapons
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Tale of the Tape: Knight 2000 vs. Knight 3000

Post by jup » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Weapons? The 2000 only had a powerful laser wtih 2/3 shots for a short while and a handheld semi-automatic. Those chain guns on board the 3000 were easily superior. When comparing Defense vs. Offense thinking, the only thing TOS KITT had was when he went killer and smashed through everything in sight. 3000 for the win.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:39 pm

I'll take intelligence and add compassion to that topic.

When Michael was laying on the ground after getting shot in scent of roses,kitt knew to activate auto cruise and drive to hsi side,call the paramedics,follow them to the hospital,probably contact Devon and Bonnie to let them know of their status.He shouted Michael's name .For a computer to show that it cared,I'd give credit to the knight industries two thousand.

When Mike died in kitt how emotionless did his voice sound when he told Sarah Mike is dead.When Kitt was told to take the kid to safety,the kid had to introduce to the k3000 that he didn't have to always do what he was told.K3000 felt like getting back at Mikes side and fire off those machine guns to save him which shows the k3000 by himself wouldn't make that decision.I think ki2t would have the intelligence to do that.

Tannim31
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tannim31 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:13 am

jup wrote:Weapons? The 2000 only had a powerful laser wtih 2/3 shots for a short while and a handheld semi-automatic. Those chain guns on board the 3000 were easily superior. When comparing Defense vs. Offense thinking, the only thing TOS KITT had was when he went killer and smashed through everything in sight. 3000 for the win.
I don't know, machine guns are great but when the car IS the weapon (mind you with a MBS) I think it trumps machine guns...MBS = offensive AND defensive weapon. advantage KI2K