Your first Knight Rider merchandise

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Your first Knight Rider merchandise

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm trying to figure out what my first piece of merchandise was.

I think I had a few magazines with articles, but the first actual Knight Rider merchandise might have been the book. Also around that time was the Rough Riders KITT battery car that could ride on two wheels. Those are the two early things I remember getting.

Anyone else?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Your first Knight Rider merchandise

Post by kitt1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 am

My first was the MPC model kit. The details are actually pretty accurate, except for the KNIGHT 2000 embossed into the front nose. This is an easy fix to remove with some sandpaper and a little model putty. I now have several unbuilt kits in my collection.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:00 pm

I think my first peice of knight rider merchandise i purchased was either the knight rider dvd's individually boxed seasons,the ertl 1:18 scale kitt,or the Joe Huth Levine KR Legacy book.I forget which came out when.I do remember the first peice of merchandise I ever saw was when I was in Kindergardten or Pre 1A and kids had these walkie talkies with the knight rider logo on them.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 pm

The Kenner Knight Rider set with KITT, the Turbo Boost launcher, and the Comtron truck was my first. Then at Christmas in 1985 or 86, I got the Kenner talking KITT. For those that don't know what the first one is that I'm talking about, here's a link to one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenner-Knight-2 ... 0969491871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kngtmat
Recruit

Post by kngtmat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm

I can't remember which was first which was either the KITT Dash, the Knight Rider Big Wheel and I had the little 4x4 looking KITT with the shifter on top.

Deveo
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Deveo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:16 am

My first (and only!) KR merchandise was a 1/24 scale Trans Am building kit which had the body parts of both the Trans Am and KITT, so you could choose what version you'd like to build. I traded it at school for a Porsche toy car :mrgreen: . Sadly the kit was already assembled by a not so clever KR fan, so now I have a season 1/2 KITT with Firebird rims and taillights...

It was highly accurate though, except for the Knight 2000 written on the front.
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

mikeedinburgh
Recruit

Post by mikeedinburgh » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:39 am

Mine was the Knight Rider watch which I sadly lost while playing football :-(

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 am

Easy. The Michael Knight halloween outfit. Which was a rather decent jacket, a pitiful wig and a watch so bad, one had to wonder what the creator was smoking.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Anyone ever see a commercial for any kr merchandise growing up as a kid?I don't remember any toys in toys r us which was kr related or any other toy store.I can't remember a commercial for the voice car.I did see a commercial recently on youtube for a remote control car on tracks with David Hasselhoff.

kngtmat
Recruit

Post by kngtmat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm

I think Sears had 1 little bike but JC Penneys or Montgomery Wards had other KR stuff, there is a site for the old wishbooks with pictures of them.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Anyone ever see a commercial for any kr merchandise growing up as a kid?I don't remember any toys in toys r us which was kr related or any other toy store.I can't remember a commercial for the voice car.I did see a commercial recently on youtube for a remote control car on tracks with David Hasselhoff.
Yes there was a commercial for the voice car, I remember seeing it a few times. Two little boys playing with car, I think making it ski, Michael was trapped in some logs or something and KITT came crashing through to save him. There also may have been a commercial for the crash set but I'm not hundred percent about that one.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:01 pm

I just found the commercial for the voice car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH-ftI47sbQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also,I think Kitt came from Japan cause nothing that sophisticated could possible be made in America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ0Gi3Nz5DY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 am

I liked how the kid's watch was emulating some kind of motion...but, the kid moves his arm and the illusion is broken on how they used a split screen in that Japan ad.

Some time back, I couldn't help but buy this rather inexpensive Dodge Viper RC mini. It even uses a wrist watch remote. And, it can do the things that were seen in that ad, too. Probably even the simulated jump. (With a little help from the laptop and the green screen.) Even has the anti-theft alarm. I seem to recall it running under twenty on e-bay.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:10 am

I remember a black lamborgini that had its top pop upto expose the hydraulics as a remote controlled vehicle.I think it even had the name turbo in the title.

Tbird100636
Recruit

Post by Tbird100636 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 pm

My very first Knight Rider merch. was when I was only 2 or 3 years old. It was the Knight Rider big wheel. Here's one currently on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knight-Rider-bi ... 19d57f4f0b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't remember mine having the nose on the handle bar though. I used it up until I was 6. The red hand brake was cool. I had the small Kenner KITT with the Whip Shifter, but the plastic base with the wheels was flimsy and broke apart. It had molded rubber bumpers, and had Knight 2000 printed on the lower doors. I still have what remains of it, primarily the body and bumpers. I had the talking voice car, but stupidly destroyed it when I was 5 or 6. Now they're worth quite a bit... damn...

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 pm

i dont remember what my first piece of knight rider merch was, but this was definitely one of them..
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RichardC
Volunteer

Post by RichardC » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:17 am

Mine was the talking kitt car with Michael,second was the minimates sets