What happened to the KR Reunion thread?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

What happened to the KR Reunion thread?

Post by jup » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:55 pm

What happened to the KR Reunion thread? Just the other day, it was posted and now, not even a search can find it. Board error/user error? Was kind of hard to even find the main page about it.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Re: What happened to the KR Reunion thread?

Post by Matthew » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey Jup,

Unfortunately, the KR Reunion thread was removed after disparaging remarks towards KRO were made by a promoter of the event. I know it sucks for you guys, but after only managing to stay on common ground for a week or so, it's all turned out to be for naught.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by chrisjones » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Good grief, that didn't take long. It was only last week I got a message to say the event had been given the all clear here!
Such a shame certain people can't see past themselves. :|
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

SDKNIGHT
Rookie

Post by SDKNIGHT » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Shame indeed Chris Jones that Knight Rider Online took it down, seems like another excuse to not inform the Knight Rider community about a totally awesome event! Doesn't really matter though, the great fans of Knight Rider know about Knight Rider Reunion and it's going to be so much fun!!

:kitt2:

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:29 pm

it's a bunch of d-bags who can't get over their being a d-bag and realize this is all over a 30+ yr old silly tv show.

Rob Louisell
Volunteer

Post by Rob Louisell » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Louisell Enterprises, Inc.
The world's first KITT replica company.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:47 pm

I see...so out of touch on these things.

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:13 am

scatpack wrote:it's a bunch of d-bags who can't get over their being a d-bag and realize this is all over a 30+ yr old silly tv show.
So why are you here? After all, this is a community about a 30+ year old silly tv show....
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:34 pm

I come here to see the posts about the episode locations.
It's the same thing with the Foundation and Registries. Bickering and name calling. Why can't everyone get along?

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:48 pm

scatpack wrote:I come here to see the posts about the episode locations.
It's the same thing with the Foundation and Registries. Bickering and name calling. Why can't everyone get along?
Way back in the dawn of time, there were these cave men that argued about which cave was the best one for the clan to live in...

As long as people have free will to make their own decisions, there shall be conflictive notions. And, we can only hope for the parties involved to find a common ground for peace...before it reaches the levels of being two governments, sending in their combatants to cause massive destruction to settle it all with.

It is easy to wish for everyone to get along. But, such a wish seems well beyond the grasp of mortal men and women.

:kitt: Whimsically speaking, even A.I.'s can't even manage to do this. :karr:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 am

scatpack wrote:I come here to see the posts about the episode locations.
In this case, the fact we thought we had sorted this mess makes it doubly painful, because the people working on the event deserve to be applauded for their efforts by everyone who's a Knight Rider fan, irregardless of community allegiances.

Instead, we're once again mired in the political mud thanks to one person's ego. The truly sad part is that we only had to be reading from the same hymn book until the event had taken place.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 am

I'll be missing the event. Got the post a month too late and work denied the last second request for the days off. Sounds like it was a once in a lifetime thing, too.

SDKNIGHT
Rookie

Post by SDKNIGHT » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Jup, sorry you didn't see the posting soon enough, KR Reunion is all over Facebook and promotions were at San Diego Comic Con back in July. We'll be posting lot's of coverage including videos and photos, not on here though. Keep a look out. Knight Rider Reunion is less than a week! :kitt:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:09 pm

SDKNIGHT wrote:Shame indeed Chris Jones that Knight Rider Online took it down, seems like another excuse to not inform the Knight Rider community about a totally awesome event! Doesn't really matter though, the great fans of Knight Rider know about Knight Rider Reunion and it's going to be so much fun!!

:kitt2:
No its not at ALL a shame, can't stand the guy or his constant 'higher than high' attitude. Good Riddance to bad news!

I just hope it lives up to the hype, not because I actually care if the show does well, more for the fans that attend. :good:

caknight2000
Stranger

Post by caknight2000 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:34 pm

hey guys,

bit concerend here, was going to attend this show but im desturbed on the following.
The event was advertised as being on Universal city walk, but it isnt its just in a hotel, also it was going to be a 3 day event, their website says they cannot afford to do the event on the Sunday like promised and to go see the local attractions lol, which looks unproffesional.
so ive decided not to go,to save my money and stay home, its a lot of hype for what will be a joke by the looks of things

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:14 pm

well it was way too expensive for me to attend.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:19 pm

SDKNIGHT wrote:Jup, sorry you didn't see the posting soon enough, KR Reunion is all over Facebook and promotions were at San Diego Comic Con back in July. We'll be posting lot's of coverage including videos and photos, not on here though. Keep a look out. Knight Rider Reunion is less than a week! :kitt:
That explains it.

I avoid Facebook like the plague and SDCC has become so hard to attend, I never got past the white screen of death during that vital minute when tickets went from 'selling now' to 'sold out'.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm

caknight2000 wrote:hey guys,

bit concerend here, was going to attend this show but im desturbed on the following.
The event was advertised as being on Universal city walk, but it isnt its just in a hotel, also it was going to be a 3 day event, their website says they cannot afford to do the event on the Sunday like promised and to go see the local attractions lol, which looks unproffesional.
Coming from a community that has literally had folks place their homes into the threat of bank foreclosure, just to host a weekend event at hotels, I understand how hard it can be to bring forth such promises that would make this event interesting. In fact, the general rule of thumb is to be prepared to host the event for four years in a row...just to get out of debt. Which means the host and staff are flipping the whole bill and should not be expecting to be reimbursed, no matter how many attendees there may be. It's pretty much the hotel that gets the profit for owning the grounds and the environment.

Professionalism is a very high and glamorous price tag, indeed.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 pm

jup wrote:

Coming from a community that has literally had folks place their homes into the threat of bank foreclosure, just to host a weekend event at hotels, I understand how hard it can be to bring forth such promises that would make this event interesting. In fact, the general rule of thumb is to be prepared to host the event for four years in a row...just to get out of debt. Which means the host and staff are flipping the whole bill and should not be expecting to be reimbursed, no matter how many attendees there may be. It's pretty much the hotel that gets the profit for owning the grounds and the environment.

I can safely say that the organisers are out of money because of this event, by a couple of thousand at least. I wish them the best, and anybody who puts on these things.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caknight2000
Stranger

Post by caknight2000 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:28 am

Skav wrote:
jup wrote:

I can safely say that the organisers are out of money because of this event, by a couple of thousand at least. I wish them the best, and anybody who puts on these things.

I totally get that Skav, wonder if that is why they have changed the layout of the event and the star attraction Semi set isnt listed now? the semi ticket has also been taken from sale.

I just hope that the event organisers don't have to do lots of refunds due to it not being there with all the hard work they have done.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:29 am

caknight2000 wrote:
I totally get that Skav, wonder if that is why they have changed the layout of the event and the star attraction Semi set isnt listed now? the semi ticket has also been taken from sale.

I just hope that the event organisers don't have to do lots of refunds due to it not being there with all the hard work they have done.
Unfortunately, there were problems with the construction of the semi set as technical issues came up which halted that plan. It wasn't anything to do with budget. Most of the semi tickets have actually been sold and perhaps they took it down as they all did? I am not sure about that one. Nick was surprised that people purchased more of the semi tickets than more of the standard types.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caknight2000
Stranger

Post by caknight2000 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Oh dear! That is so saddening, how do you know this as it isn't posted anywhere, on KOTWC or official reunion page?
Also the semi pass was sold to gain access to the semi set, what will the people who have paid for this get?

I'm sure the semi ticket option has been withdrawn from sale because the semi set will not be there, I wish I could find the info you have online

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 pm

caknight2000 wrote:Oh dear! That is so saddening, how do you know this as it isn't posted anywhere, on KOTWC or official reunion page?
Also the semi pass was sold to gain access to the semi set, what will the people who have paid for this get?

I'm sure the semi ticket option has been withdrawn from sale because the semi set will not be there, I wish I could find the info you have online
I'm friends with Nick and KOTWC in general although I am more in touch with Nick. You may be right about the semi ticket. I just guessed they may have sold them. I probably won't know anymore until the event is now over as the guys are now there. I was attending but a recent health problem has prohibited me from doing so.

caknight2000
Stranger

Post by caknight2000 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:48 pm

so theres nothing official? your just guesing? lets hope for the best then

also if the semi set wasnt going to be there, and they knew would that be false advertising still not to say anything and continue to sell tickets?
I cannot wait to see photos and videos from this weekend on various groups, also I wonder who the "many suprise guests" are, hopefully once again not false advertising, im sure a group like KOTWC would not do that
we will all find out this weekend I guess!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 am

Just having a click around online this morning.. realised the show was at the weekend, how did it go??