Kenner Knight Rider Voice Car Repair?????

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sean1242
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Kenner Knight Rider Voice Car Repair?????

Post by Sean1242 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

:karr: Hello
Bought a Kenner Knight Rider Voice Car a year ago that was in working condition now today
I Took it out and put a new battery in in a now it does not work tried three are four new battery's
and it still does not work so my question is does anybody know what causes this are is there anyway of
Repairing it when i click the back licenses plate I get nothing??????Please help :kitt:

SPEEDBREAKER
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Kenner Knight Rider Voice Car Repair?????

Post by SPEEDBREAKER » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:16 am

The belt may have dry rotted or the motor has gone bad.There is a little record player in there but it is not electronic ,it's anolog.The hardest part is seperating the clips under the doors without breaking them. Good luck.

Tannim31
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Kenner Knight Rider Voice Car Repair?????

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:11 am

if and when you do take it apart, like SPEEDBREAKER said watch those clips!, once you get the body off try adding a couple of drops of oil to the motor first, if that fails take apart the voice box OVER a box. There are a couple of small parts that will fall out once you pop the cover off it. The rubber band will most likely be still intact, but it may be off the motor or the record track. If this isn't the case, make sure ALL the contacts are clean, a poor contact will keep the motor from getting the full juice it needs to turn the motor and in turn no talky.