What is that inside Kitt?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Xdegenerate
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

What is that inside Kitt?

Post by Xdegenerate » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 am

In the episode "Knight Lines" at around 31:15, Michael exits Kitt to walk to the woman's house. As he is leaving the kid is skating around the corner up to Kitt to say he had been at the library etc...

In between when Michael walks up and the kid approaches Kitt, there is something inside of Kitt that moves... like a blue hat, or arm or something? I thought it might have been the guy who drives kitt in the back or something, but it's a scene where Michael parks kitt and gets out... no need for anyone else to be in there.

Have a look at this scene, and tell me what the heck that was? I thought it might have been an off stage reflection from the camera crew or something, but it definitely appears to be inside the car.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: What is that inside Kitt?

Post by knightdriver » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 am

I'm not sure if it is the same episode but there is one scene when Michael gets out of the car ad
closes the door, a hand pops out from behind the drivers seat to stop the door from closing all the
way. Someone hiding in the back seats. Not sure if it is the same episode though.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Xdegenerate
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Xdegenerate » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 am

It might be the same one. The scene is at night time.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightdriver » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:25 am

The one I saw was daytime so it must be a different episode. Most likely the same thing though.
Stage hand in the back seat area.

I know the episode where it looks like KITT is in an old wild west ghost town. KITT does his
turbo boost, go to the end and spins around. If you look closely, you can see the stunt driver flip
up the front seat cover and wave to the cameraman, the he puts it back down. Funny stuff!
Brian - Knightdriver.com

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 pm

The episode knightdriver is thinking of is Speed Demons.

I went back and looked at the scene in Knightlines. It's likely the person hidden in the back from the looks. Since a minute later in that scene Kitt opens his door for Billy to get in, they would probably be back there.

It's like that scene in Speed Demons. Sometimes he would just be back there in a shot when you'd think they wouldn't need him to be.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.