Interesting Knight Rider facts..

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Interesting Knight Rider facts..

Post by whet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:46 am

Hi Guys..

On Absolute Radio in uk breakfast host Christian O'Connell is doing the A-Z of tv facts..
It will be Tuesday 28th August by the time we get to "K"
Anyone want to suggest their facts about Knight Rider for K ?

Be good if some of us could contact the show with Knight Rider facts on the 28th.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Interesting Knight Rider facts..

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 am

Here's some interesting facts found on the back of the Columbia House video boxes that Nick Nugent compiled for me:

KNIGHT KNOWLEDGE: In 1983 David Hasselhoff revealed to People magazine that his screen test for the Knight Rider was a near disaster but that positive reinforcement won him the role. “I couldn’t remember one line, so I asked for five minutes to get it together,” recalled Hasselhoff. “I went backstage and shouted at myself, ‘You are the Knight Rider.’ I walked back in and did the scene dead on.”

KNIGHT KNOWLEDGE: NBC was initially dumbfounded when fan mail began arriving at their offices addressed to K.I.T.T. the car. Some discussion followed as to how to answer the letters, or rather how K.I.T.T. would answer the letters if only he could. Their solution was to send each fan a photograph of K.I.T.T. autographed with a tire tread stamp!

KNIGHT KNOWLEDGE: Although General Motors was initially reluctant to participate in promotion of the Knight Rider for fear that the show might flop, the series’ runaway success changed their attitude considerably. In fact, David Hasselhoff was given two Trans-Ams for his own use under the condition that he make some personal appearances on behalf of Pontiac. Not one to enter into anything halfheartedly, Hasselhoff took pains to appear completely in character for these events. He even wore Michael Knight’s wardrobe including the brass and ivory belt buckle emblazoned with a large letter K.

KNIGHT KNOWLEDGE: Because of the strenuous stunt work required in filming the Knight Rider series, four different Pontiac Trans-Ams were employed in shooting. Similar to K.I.T.T.’s fantasy super car structure each vehicle was outfitted with multiple protective outer shells so that when a layer was damaged it could be peeled back to make the car look brand new.

KNIGHT KNOWLEDGE: During the filming of “Soul Survivor” actor Brian Robbins (who plays computer whiz Randy Merritt in the episode) reportedly caused quite a stir when he took K.I.T.T. off the set for a brief joy ride. Robbins later went on to star in the series Head Of The Class.

KNIGHT KNOWLEDGE: Actress Patricial McPherson portrayed the sexy technician/mechanic Dr. Bonnie Barstow on the Knight Rider from 1982 to 1983 and again from 1984 until the series’ demise in 1986. McPherson was let go from the series during its second season (when she was replaced by Rebecca Holden) but was asked back for all other episodes of the show. David Hasselhoff in particular supported McPherson’s return and admitted, “It was a real emotional scene when she came back. What you saw on the screen was happening on stage.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Re: Interesting Knight Rider facts..

Post by whet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:55 am

Wow those are amazing..

Thanks very much..