CORNWALL ,ENGLAND

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

astraboy21
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

CORNWALL ,ENGLAND

Post by astraboy21 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Guys , I might be new here but surely it is unfair that my topic got locked because of other people taking chunks out of each other , wouldn't it have made more sense to delete their posts and leave the original post open in case anyone does want to reply , i was happy with a few of the posts to my topic giving me some good information
Please unlock it and delete all non topic posts , Thank you

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: CORNWALL ,ENGLAND

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I was the one who locked the thread. And you're right, what happened was unfair. But I'd argue that the unfair part wasn't me locking the thread, but the fact that people got a little out of control in the first place.

As a general rule we try not to delete messages from the board. We've learned from experience that erasing posts rarely solves the short-term problem and it creates bigger problems in the long run.

What you are probably not aware of is that there were a bunch of emails and private messages going around before I locked the thread. I contacted several people who had posted messages in there, got some replies, heard from third parties... lots of exciting drama. I didn't lock the thread on a mere whim. I probably should have posted an explanation first, but to be honest I'm pretty sure people knew exactly why it was locked. It might not have been obvious to you, so for that I apologize.

In the past when good threads go bad and get locked people will often restart the topic and that's usually just fine. I took the liberty of starting up the discussion again for you here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

astraboy21
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: CORNWALL ,ENGLAND

Post by astraboy21 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Thank you for the Reply Michael , you are right , i had an idea all was not well but don't know too much about it and nor do i want to know about it . I am here for all things Kitt and Knightrider and make friends and chat with other KR fans . Thank you for you reply though