Cornwall England

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

astraboy21
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Cornwall England

Post by astraboy21 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Any members here from Cornwall ,England or from anywhere nearby , are the any meetings in south west England for Knightrider Fans . I personally would like to meet up with other such fans

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Cornwall England

Post by DJGM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 am

I'm not from that part of England, I'm up north here in Manchester. If you want to meet Knight Rider fans, you might
be interested to hear about KnightCon UK, a hugely popular annual Knight Rider convention that takes in Yorkshire.
This year's event is at the same venue as last year, the XScape leisure complex in Castleford, near Leeds.

Yetiii
Stranger

Post by Yetiii » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 am

Im in Manchester area too....id lov to know more about Knight Con UK...was gonna go last year but was otu of the country.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:22 pm

KnightConUK on Facebook.

The main event, with all the KITT replicas (and maybe even a TARDIS or two) on the Saturday 1st September
is free to attend at the venue, but meeting the special guests, viewing props from the TV series, and the
exclusive DVD presentation, requires the purchase of a VIP platinum ticket costing £30.

Even though all of that used to be free at the previous venue until 2010, the price is still over 60% less than
the Official Doctor Who Convention organised by BBC Worldwide, that took place in Cardiff back in March.

Miss_Naughty
Recruit

Post by Miss_Naughty » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 am

Don't forget to join Knight Rider UK forum too if you aren't already there http://knightrideruk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:00 am

Just to clarify, there are no original props from the show that will be displayed at KC, they are replicas.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

astraboy21
Volunteer

Post by astraboy21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Well guys and Girls , My dreams came true today , i got to see and study a full on replica KITT
I didn't think it would happen but Thanks to Simon i am now a happy bunny and i have had a taste of what
Cornwall has to offer us Knightrider fans

Miss_Naughty
Recruit

Post by Miss_Naughty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:07 am

astraboy21 wrote:Well guys and Girls , My dreams came true today , i got to see and study a full on replica KITT
I didn't think it would happen but Thanks to Simon i am now a happy bunny and i have had a taste of what
That's awesome :D how nice of Simon to make it happen :good:
Skav wrote:Just to clarify, there are no original props from the show that will be displayed at KC, they are replicas.
Actually, that's not fully true, most of the items were replicas BUT we did have some original items in the past like cast and crew jackets on display including screen used COMTRON jacket, after all this is an event held 6000 miles away from the place where it was originally filmed. Not sure which items will be there this year and neither are you Skav.
It's more important, if you ask me, that Knightcon managed to get 3 out 4 remaining cast together at same time.

Bottom point is: if you wanna spend a day with bunch of KR peeps from all over Europe and meet some new faces and cast of the show, see loads of KITT cars and just hang around join us 1st of September, looking forward to meet you, astraboy21.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Miss_Naughty wrote:
astraboy21 wrote:Well guys and Girls , My dreams came true today , i got to see and study a full on replica KITT
That's awesome :D how nice of Simon to make it happen :good:
Skav wrote:Just to clarify, there are no original props from the show that will be displayed at KC, they are replicas.
Actually, that's not fully true, most of the items were replicas BUT we did have some original items in the past like cast and crew jackets on display including screen used COMTRON jacket, after all this is an event held 6000 miles away from the place where it was originally filmed. Not sure which items will be there this year and neither are you Skav.
It's more important, if you ask me, that Knightcon managed to get 3 out 4 remaining cast together at same time.

Bottom point is: if you wanna spend a day with bunch of KR peeps from all over Europe and meet some new faces and cast of the show, see loads of KITT cars and just hang around join us 1st of September, looking forward to meet you, astraboy21.
Cast and crew jackets are not original "props", they are given out to cast and crew who made the show unless your definition of a prop is different than mine. However, I apologise for my slight error.

Enjoy yourself, astraboy21 and welcome to the forum! Just remember to have a positive opinion about the event after.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Dude, you are picking holes just to act all arsey, no need. A screen use item from wardrobe is just that, screen used! And what's to say they don't have actual props this year, guess you won't know as you made it clear last year you wouldn't be attending again - your loss!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

astraboy21
Volunteer

Post by astraboy21 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:51 am

Do you know what guys , thanks for all the posts but i am i will be happy just looking around and meeting other KR Peeps at KnightCon , I love Knight Rider always have and always will , could watch it everyday and never get bored but i am not fanitical like some of you guys are .I see what some people write on this forum and i am lost, the details you lot know about the differences between season 1 , season 2 and season 3 cars is unbelievible but i am learning and loving it . Original props , replicas it doesn't matter to me . The atmosphere and the whole general event is what i am looking forward too and meeting you lot

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:53 pm

chrisjones wrote:Dude, you are picking holes just to act all arsey, no need. A screen use item from wardrobe is just that, screen used! And what's to say they don't have actual props this year, guess you won't know as you made it clear last year you wouldn't be attending again - your loss!
Dear Mr flying high kicksman,

keep being Fawcett's slave. At least it makes you feel needed for one day. You don't even know what we're debating about judging by the rubbish you wrote above. And it's no loss. I actually have better things to do. :good:

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Good evening astraboy
We are looking forward to seeing you at this years KnightCon, we have been host to the worlds largest gathering of Knight Rider KITT cars. Fans attend from all over the world. As miss naughty said we had the original comtron outfit on show that Mr Hasselhoff wore in the pilot, and we had the original convertable coming to the 2010 event but sadly because of lack of storage we couldn't make this possible.
We are humbled and proud of what the event has become and last. year had 3 out of the 4 remaining cast memebers on stage at once 6000 miles from where they live wow!!
We have limited place access all areas passes on sale which will get you up close with the VIP guests if you require one, just PM me

So come along have fun and see what were about. We look forward to seeing you

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:42 pm

It sounds like it's going to be another fantastic event, Steve... keep up the great work.

And I trust the rest of you will keep your insults and attacks off the forum, thank you.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Skav wrote:
chrisjones wrote:Dude, you are picking holes just to act all arsey, no need. A screen use item from wardrobe is just that, screen used! And what's to say they don't have actual props this year, guess you won't know as you made it clear last year you wouldn't be attending again - your loss!
Dear Mr flying high kicksman,

keep being Fawcett's slave. At least it makes you feel needed for one day. You don't even know what we're debating about judging by the rubbish you wrote above. And it's no loss. I actually have better things to do. :good:
Dear Mr NOT SO flying high kicksman (you started that one!)

HA thats rich coming from you, go creep back to captain Knight Rider, whichever forum he's still allowed on on, I'm sure he would loooooove to hear what you have to say.

If you aren't going to Knightcon why b*tch about screen used items on here if for no other reason than to cause issues for the event?

Way to act a total di*k, big Hi-5 to you sir, well done!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:It sounds like it's going to be another fantastic event, Steve... keep up the great work.

And I trust the rest of you will keep your insults and attacks off the forum, thank you.
These guys bust their balls every year for this event, just a small group of oddball's that choose to rip into things without actually considering the logistics involved.

If the only comeback these people have is name calling, that that only further goes to prove what level they work on and that their opinion isn't one worth spending time considering.

As an idea of what Steve, Rob, myself and others put our time into each year, here's an example of how the event has moved on over the years

2007 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNzzGjyD94" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2009 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21QvDrzSztM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2011 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsirF6RumYc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2012 is set to be another step up from what I've heard. The Troll's can stay at home, clean their window's or whatever it is they do with their time. I'll be gladly supporting KC and the positive contributors as I do every year, if that makes me someone 'slave' then I'm happy to be just that.

Peace.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:12 pm

I've asked people to keep the insults off the forum. That was a polite request. Now I'm making it a demand.

Stop it.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I've asked people to keep the insults off the forum. That was a polite request. Now I'm making it a demand.

Stop it.
Just keep in mind WHO started it. Remind you of anyone else?