1986 Toys R Us Magazine Interview with David Hasselhoff

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KentuckyKITT
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

1986 Toys R Us Magazine Interview with David Hasselhoff

Post by KentuckyKITT » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Anyone ever seen one of these before? A friend of mine was helping his parents clean out the attic and some closets and he came across several childhood items including many Knight Rider items of which he gave to me. One of these items I had never seen before and didn't even know it existed, but I think it's pretty cool. Here's a few pics:

This is a Geoffrey's Toys R Us Magazine from 1986 Vol. 1 No. 2 and includes a 4 page article on David and the show. The article is called: "Riding High With Knight Rider" and it's by Norma Lee Browning. It's geared towards children, but it has some interesting information in there about some of the charity work that David was doing as well as some career information. It mentions his marriage to Catherine Hickland as well. After getting this magazine, I did a quick google search and couldn't find a single image of it nor did I find one on ebay. Usually, as with any childhood item, I always find a picture of it somewhere or at least on ebay, but this is different for a change. Just thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share since I have never seen this before. The only information I found about this article was it being listed as a reference source on wikipedia under Knight Rider. Anyone have any knowledge of this magazine or the article? I would love to know if anyone else has one of these or remembers it. If there is any interest, I could post the entire article.

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: 1986 Toys R Us Magazine Interview with David Hasselhoff

Post by KFCreator » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:00 am

I have a very vivid memory of standing in the checkout line with my parents at Toys R Us and holding it in my hands and being taken with the image of KITT on the cover. I wish I still had my copy but I'm sure I cut it up or something for the picture of KITT and Michael. Funny thing is, I could've sworn this was from sometime after 1986 but apparently I'm wrong. Which makes this one of my earliest memories then (I would have been 5 when this magazine came out). Wow.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff