Knight of the Phoenix Missing Scene?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dollatwentyfive
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight of the Phoenix Missing Scene?

Post by dollatwentyfive » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 am

Hi All,

Just found this great resource. This sounds stupid, but something has been bothering me for about 25 years. When I was a kid and I saw the original Knight Rider pilot - Knight of the Phoenix - I distinctly remember at the end, before Michael and Devon were in the jet, there was a scene where KITT was being loaded into a truck. Devon was upset with Michael for "damaging" the car. I really can picture this scene and remember it, but when I watch the episode on DVD or Netlix or iTunes, the scene isn't there. It goes straight from the Millston Airport to Michael and Devon in the jet. Am I imagining things? Thinking of a different episode? Anyone who can spread some light on this would be much appreciated. :good:

dollatwentyfive
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight of the Phoenix Missing Scene?

Post by dollatwentyfive » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 am

OK - never mind. I guess it had been awhile since I had watched the DVD. The scene is there. Michael in the hospital with Maggie and then with Devon getting KITT loaded into the semi before taking off in the jet. Sorry for the premature post.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 am

I'm confused as to why, with the DVD's available, why Netflix is showing the "edited for syndication" version of the show. It's better than nothing, I too missed that scene at the end of KOTP.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:01 pm

id only watch the DVD versions because there unedited, i dont trust stuff like netflix or blockbuster, you would think they would show everything unedited since its not TV but they tend to do that anyways, anyways thanks and peace

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 am

The dvds ARE edited. Most would consider the edits trivial, but I don't. Why? If you compare the season sets to the Columbia House versions, the season sets look much better. New prints were probably made for these releases and since Knight Rider isn't HD, any future releases will probably be made from these same prints, edits and all, so we will most likely never see some of these episodes unedited again.

So what's been edited from the dvd season sets? Off the top of my head, the first second or two of Brother's Keeper is missing. This is intact on Netflix. White Line Warriors is missing the song Little Red Corvette. This is also intact on Netflix. Knight of the Drones and Dead of Knight also have missing songs. Scent of Roses and Knight Song are missing their teasers. These teasers are intact on Netflix. Most episodes suffer from cropping. The season 4 opening credits are extremely cropped. There was also the whole issue with the screwed up sound effects and season 4 not being in stereo even though it originally aired that way.

I bought all 4 season sets. I bought the complete series set. But I would buy the whole series again if I could get the episodes the way they originally aired.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by corlando52 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 pm

I think the reason for the song omissions is they either couldn't get the rights to the individual song, or it was too expensive to buy the rights. I read that somewhere, just don't remember where.

Chris