Evening with David Hasselhoff video and pics

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Evening with David Hasselhoff video and pics

Post by Skav » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

I attended the show tonight in London at the 02 arena and have captured footage of his audience Q&A. He talks about Knight Rider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJ_jUD6 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have also shot 7 photobucket pages worth of photos.

They can be seen here: http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Speedy2056/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: Evening with David Hasselhoff video and pics

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:42 pm

That's awesome Skav! Thanks for posting all of this. It's cool that Hoff mentioned he was in negotiations about the Knight Rider movie, although he has been saying that for years now.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Somehow,I believe David's efforts will make the movie possible more than Glen's.Even though he's been saying it for years,least he's been saying something..

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey Skav...

We're hearing reports now that the Hoff dressed up as Hitler and did a song from "The Producers" (I'm assuming it was "Springtime for Hitler.") How did that go over in the audience? Anyone who knows the play knows that it's actually mocking Hitler, but taken out of context... it's a little odd. Can you give us more context?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 pm

victorkros said: the continuous Knight Rider movie claims which are still false.
Nick is right. I don't know why he keeps saying that he is going to buy the rights to the show when he is not. I think he just says stuff like that to keep the fans happy and hoping for some KR on the big screen. (More for self promotion than anything KR related.)

And it's no surprise that Hasselhoff thought the new Knight Rider "sucked" because "he wasn't in it." :roll: My god, David's ego is huge. (Along with his old man boobs.) His ego is kind of put offish for a fan like myself. He sounds like a child throwing a tantrum when he's says stuff like that. (Which sadly wasn't the first time.) I agree with Glen, Knight Rider is more than David Hasselhoff.

If I bring my Knight 3000 to a KR car event and David is there I WILL NOT have that drunken spoiled man child 'sign my dash' like other KI3T replica owners had him do. Screw that!

(And yes...I'm butt hurt. lol)

{Don't listen to that mean old man KI3T. He is just mad about the cheeseburger question...} --pats my Mustang.
My KI3T is sensitive & I am crazy. lol
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:08 pm

David is just turning into the biggest novelty item lately. He was lucky to cameo in the KR08 pilot. Looks like he was doing what he has done all the time and giving his fans what they want which I really can't blame him but ya one man can't make a movie ;). With the amount of fans in the UK I can't believe we haven't seen a mention about him or KR on Top Gear UK. I know Top Gear US had it's nonsense but with more viewers than America Idol worldwide that's where the Hoff needs to be if his drunk butt can drive around their track :).

I'm not going to be has hard as Taoworm though. I'd at least have him sign my lunchbox lol.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:15 pm

MR2NR wrote:I'm not going to be has hard as Taoworm though. I'd at least have him sign my lunchbox lol.
I might consider the thermos inside the lunch box. But thats it! :lol:

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:24 pm

I think David Hasselhof is right.

The recent 2008 series did suck overall.
The way it was handled was terrible and frankly overall it was a disgrace.

I don't blame the actors, Justin Bruening was serviceable and could have done well had they kept it to a core trio of him, Dianna and Bruce Davison.

But it suffered from some of the worst CGi i've ever seen in my life, filmed using awful HD cameras which made the show look worse than a 1990's home made movie. Added to that, the green screen driving scenes were laughable and frankly worse than amateur productions on youtube by seven year olds.

Looking back on it, it was a pathetic insult to the original series, and an even worse insult to Knight Rider 2000, which although it failed, it was at least genuine in its tone and aims.

Given the 3 clear options available for a movie, I would go for 1 if a decent director was willing to do it and treat the material with the respect it deserves.

1.) A full remake / reboot which has nothing to do with the original / kr 2000/ kr2008 series. This could have a serious sci fi / action tone and may or may not have the Hoff in some capacity (unlikely if given to a big director with sci fi pedigree).

2.) A vague sequel or continuation of the original series which ran from 1982 - 1986 which either acknowledges or ignores Kr2000 and Kr2008, and stars the Hoff, with the original KITT alongside a new KITT. Is this possible? possibly, but only if Hasselhof gets the rights, or someone agrees with this idea. (very unlikely given that recent TV attempts have been pathetic)

3.) A comedy /parody like Starsky and Hutch, where they take the piss out of Knight Rider at every opportunity, mocking it and frankly treating it like a joke. I do not understand why the Starsky and Hutch remake had to be a parody and insult, they could have easily named it something else and changed character names.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Well I just don't think David is ever going to make the leap to the big screen at his age.
As far as him "buying the rights to the show" he was saying that on Late night with Conan O Brian back in 99. It never happened then, it won't happen in the future with him in the 'big chair' no matter how much he claims to the contrary.

A Knight Rider movie would be ...ok..but it really needs to come back as a TV series in my opinion. Theres too much story to tell to fit in just a 2 hour movie. (Just my 83 cents)

As far as taking David seriously, he has gone beyond being a parody of himself and has become...
This..Image

Yes that's really him and yes your welcome for the Knightmares. (See what I did there? KNIGHTmares nig..oh never mind.)
Last edited by taoworm2323 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:37 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Well I just don't think David is ever going to make the leap to the big screen at his age.
I agree. Its looking unlikely. Even though he's doing fairly successfully on TV and around the world, his movie appearances have been minimal, like in Kickin it Old School and that Click movie.

A vague sequel movie/continuation would probably be successfull, but its fairly obvious Hollywood only wants to do a remake.

They are already remaking Robocop, so a full remake is most likely on the cards.

I do believe the Hoff cares about Knight Rider. He cared enough to save Baywatch multiple times, and it worked.

If you watched the Hoff interview with Piers Morgan, you can see the Hoff has always wanted to be taken seriously as an actor, and when he has been on form on Baywatch, and Knight Rider, he has been superb. Its not his fault, Hollywood has insulted him and mocked him, and i don't think he has deserved this tag of being a buffoon.

I do understand his reasons for embracing the Hoff persona though, because its helped him retain his popularity around the world and shows he's not afraid to make fun of himself. its also helped him make more money than he would have by doing nothing and feeling sorry for himself.

As for his ego, i don't really think its that big, he's just a loud, exciting and energetic person who you sit up and take notice of when you see him.

He has star quality, unlike many generic turd wipes actors today.

And at least he still loves Knight Rider, the show that made him a global star, which is more than I can say for many obnoxious actors who disown shows that made them famous in the first place.

The Hoff is a legend and deserves recognition.

:good:

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:42 pm

I truly believe that if the Hoff got full control of Knight Rider, he would bring it back as a serious attempt, with proper attention to detail and with full acceptance of the fans. It would have to be on a network though which would allow him to do it properly, not crappy NBC or any other useless network.

Another series which I believe would be a huge success today is a continuation of the original Miami Vice series.
They could easily continue that in special episodes on cable, where they could have freedom of expression.
People have had enough of boring shows, Don Johnson still looks the same, as does Phillip Michael Thomas, and it would be a terrific watch. Its just a shame, people are still stuffed in the brains full of crappy CSI and other crime dramas.

We need to see exciting car chases again, fender cams, rear view cams, good music again.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:44 pm

davidknightrider wrote:
As for his ego, i don't really think its that big, he's just a loud, exciting and energetic person who you sit up and take notice of when you see him.

The Hoff is a legend and deserves recognition.

BullittKnight
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by BullittKnight » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Nicely said Josh ;)

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:19 pm

:wink:

I can't top this post so I'm done. lol!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Now I have 2 reasons to hate Hitler:

1.The obvious one
2.Turning someone I used to idolize as a kid into someone everyone hated as an adult.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm a little surprised at the level of anti-Hasselhoff sentiment here. I do agree that I thought it was a little inappropriate for him to dis the new Knight Rider (especially since he publicly endorsed it when it was on air) but its a minor quibble to me.

The man has certainly made his mistakes. And he's owned up to them.

I'm not even sure how many times I have seen him in person, but he has always been very gracious and giving to the fans. He is still a wildly popular star and I think we're fortunate that he embraces his Knight Rider heritage.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:42 am

Of course "he embraces his Knight Rider heritage". I feel he is parasitic with the franchise in fact.
Take the pirate picture for example. Thats not him 'embracing his Knight Rider heritage'. Thats him USING the Knight Rider franchise to his own cheesy career goal ends.
He's bringing our show down folks everytime he pulls stuff like this.
David Hasselhoff of the 80's is NOT 'the Hoff' we have now.

And I am so tired of him sucking any cool left out of his show to do stupid stunts like the pirate thing to keep him in the public eye.
He actually DAMAGES the KR franchise to the point that the franchise will never be brought back because "Oh look! It's David Hasselhoff honey! And he is dressed in drag, and why is KITT with him?!"
Michael Pajaro wrote: The man has certainly made his mistakes. And he's owned up to them.
True Michael, but we are NOT picking on the man for having a drinking problem. (In fact I feel pity for him in that regard.) But the public is not as forgiving as we here are because again, loss of any 'cool factor' when your having a conversation on the floor with a cheese burger falling apart in your hands while your daughter is filming you pleading for you to stop.

David Hasselhoff has done this to him self.
The worst thing? He has dragged our show down to his cheesy level.
There IS anti-Hasselhoff sentiment here. And there should be more.
We SHOULD be mad as a KR fanbase that he sucks any cool left in our show for his own shameless promotion of the moment.

My 2 cents...

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 am

Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to meet David, I'm sure I would get all choked up like a little girl meeting her favorite boy band if I ever get the chance to meet him.

I totally idolized David as a child and as many stunts and misfortunes that he has had in the past years, he will always be Michael Knight to me.

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:36 am

On a side note, my girlfriend did meet Robert England recently at a meet and greet, and I MADE her remind him of his role in Knight Rider...forgive me for not remembering the name of the episode..anyways he was VERY pleased that someone remembered something else rather than Freddy Krueger, his word "it is a breath of fresh air"

Also he couldnt believe that someone remembered that.

magictorch
Recruit

Post by magictorch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:45 am

taoworm2323 wrote:
victorkros said: the continuous Knight Rider movie claims which are still false.
Nick is right.
no he is so far off mark, and how does he know?

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit

Post by simon_a6 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:56 am

BullittKnight wrote:On a side note, my girlfriend did meet Robert England recently at a meet and greet, and I MADE her remind him of his role in Knight Rider...forgive me for not remembering the name of the episode..
Fright Knight. He played the secretary...turn bad guy Phantom of Stage 28.

Sadly it was all filmed during a time when the budget was seriously cut for the show, and they did the lot at Uni Backlot. I only know this thanks to Victor's (Nicks) fabulous book.

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 am

Ah..I knew someone would know it. Thank you!

Miss_Naughty
Recruit

Post by Miss_Naughty » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 am

"Evening with David Hasselhoff" was supposed to be a resume of his 30 years in showbiz alongside the promotion of his new album. And it was exactly that. It had references to everything he done from Knight Rider, Baywatch, The Producers, Jekyll and Hyde up to the thing that media often like to mention how he was responsible for taking down the Berlin wall... He did the "Springtime for Hitler" act and there was no offence taken from the audience because they took it the way it was supposed to be taken like a parody act which once he performed, everyone was laughing, cheering and having fun and there were quite a lot of Germans in the crowd and none of them were upset. He also did "In confrontation" part from Jekyll and Hyde...
What media kindly forgot to mention instead of going on about him dressed as Hitler was that all the profit from this show went to a charity and everyone involved with the show worked for free.
To say he has a huge ego and is childish is a bit unfair to me because I have met him more then once and I'm heavily involved with running his site so got to know him bit better then what we usually see on the telly. He ALWAYS has time for his fans and he gladly poses for photos and signs autographs or whatever, seen him more then once making security people let the fans through when they were being pain as usually and stopping them. To make something clear I am a fan of David but that doesn't mean I'm blindly approving everything he does or says. He's very energetic guy and his mind usually works 100m/hr and he absolutely dislikes to stay long at one place doing nothing. Once you get a glimpse on how his mind works you understand why he might come as something else. A friend of mine who worked with him and with other celebrities says he hasn't yet met a man that absolutely brings the light to wherever he shows up which is a quality that makes a proper star.
Yes, he mentions a lot Knight Rider, it's a show that made him famous why shouldn't he? To be honest, if there was something that made me famous I'd be rambling about it all the time too! The photo from the panto where he poses dressed as Captain Hook with the KITT makes a bit more sense if you know that there are references in that same panto to both Baywatch and Knight Rider so it's not just oh bring me KITT car because I was once starring in the show. And let's face it everyone loves to see KITT and when they hear that someone has a replica of the car they go wooow with a big smile on the face so why not use it for marketing. The panto in Bristol broke all attendance records.
Now, as far as him mentioning Knight Rider movie and taking something that Nick says as right... well it's kinda like taking something I say about Tom Jones for granted... I have no idea what are Sir Tom's plans for the future and neither has Nick about David's. Yes I'm aware he's talking about that movie for ages and that it hasn't happened as of yet and there are reasons for that which I can't tell you. I'm just gonna say that he's serious about it and he's not mentioning it just to bring attention spot on him because once upon the time he had the leading role in the show.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:07 am

BullittKnight wrote:he was VERY pleased that someone remembered something else rather than Freddy Krueger, his word "it is a breath of fresh air"
Also he couldn't believe that someone remembered that.
Awww, thats sweet BullittKnight. I'm glad you did that. Actors LOVE not to be typecast. I don't care how popular their typecast character was/is. I bet that made his day! :D
magictorch wrote:
no he is so far off mark, and how does he know?
Yes Magictorch my friend, Nick DID have a 'way' about him at times that could defiantly rub folks the wrong way, but he WAS a very knowledgeable member of our dysfunctional family here at KRO for a time and DID have info on a lot of things KR related. Like him or not, most of us trusted him when he said something whether we considered him a friend or not. He was a lot of things but I personally never knew 'liar' to be one of his monikers.

And although reading one of Nick's posts was like reading a chapter of a book at times he also could spell correctly and since I am a grammar/spelling nazi of the highest degree, that was a breath of fresh air in this day of sloppy texting from iphones. So I always tried to see him as an excited 7 year old kid (like all of our inner children) who loved his show and was on the playground talking with his friends about their favorite pastime. ( Watching a sleek guardian angel black car that crashed through walls.) He was also HIGHLY creative and enthusiastic and that made his long winded posts more tolerable at the time whether we liked him or not.

Miss_Naughty is probably right though as well as I am sure only time will tell if David does get the rights he is trying to acquire.

-----Legal KRO Disclaimer-----
Please don't throw tomatoes at me for saying what I said in this post...I just bought this white polo t-shirt from Dillards and tomato stains are SO hard to wash out of cotton. PLUS it cost me like $30 and thats a lot for a normal white polo T. I spilled some salsa on my other one last Tuesday and had to throw it away. It had this neat little crocodile on the front left side and I used go around telling folks it was really a lazy dinosaur and lifting it of my chest to make it 'Rar' at people. Which would stretch it out and left me looking like my left nipple had grown for some freakish reason.

Wait...what were we talking about again?

magictorch
Recruit

Post by magictorch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 am

I do not get why someone who makes people choose sides so much in this hobby gets support, he posted this very forum is disrespectful towards him and KOTWC, I see the only person telling that group what to do is a guy who hasn't even got a car!. I am sure the other members of that elite car club from the West coast are more than welcome to post. Can several world wide forums and lots of peoples opinion be wrong? Or maybe just maybe there is one trouble maker in the hobby. To post in public why we should all not attend the upcoming Vegas event is also the workings of a strange mind, I'm sure the event will be better with him staying at home, I would also like to bet the only person who made money from the event was Nick, the hobby should be fun, not about choosing sides because it suits him, and to think we don't have the intelligence to know what this new venture is about. Its a small meet at universal studios with several KITT cars with captain Nick at the sails.
Make up your own mind which event to go to not because some problem boy dictates.
I wonder how long before the other event he is attending is called evil too because he isn't receiving the recognition he so rightfully deserves for starring on the tv show we all love...... Oh wait