It's OFFICIAL! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

It's OFFICIAL! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012

Post by kitt1 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Yes, it's official! The gears are already turning on the details of this years SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012 event celebrating the 30th anniversary of KNIGHT RIDER. Below are the guests already confirmed.

And another SPECIAL GUEST that we are working out the details with, but not yet confirmed.

This years event will be July 27 & 28, 2012 at the same hotel as last year, Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett Place, 1775 Pleasant Hill Road · Duluth, Georgia 30096 USA. Room booking details will be available soon on the website along with membership rates and information. I wanted to go ahead and get this preliminary information out to everyone so that you can start making plans to attend this great event for the 30th anniversary.

If you attended last years event, you already know how much fun we had. If you didn't attend last years event, and you saw the thread and posts of those that did attend, you definitely do not want to miss out this year. We are also working on some surprises and special displays. I look forward to seeing everyone from last year and all the new folks that are going to be joining us. If you should have ANY questions, feel free to post them here, or email me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Re: It's OFFICIAL! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012

Post by KentuckyKITT » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:26 pm

I am very much looking forward to this!! I had a blast last year meeting with the guests and seeing some old faces as well as new ones. I'm already hard at work trying to get the new engine in my car and I'll hopefully have my dash in there too by then. Last year's event was the biggest ever and this year is looking to be HUGE!

Here is a pic of just the Trans Ams we had last year:

I can't wait for this year. It's going to be awesome!

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:40 pm

WOW! It's my week for phone calls. Just got a call from Ed Crick, Eddie from KITT vs KARR. He called about sending his promo material. We got to talking about the episode and he started to remember behind the scenes details about the production. This is going to be another great event with wonderful guests and cool Q & A sessions. Ed told me that he's looking forward to it as well and is grateful that we all remember him and his character & performance. It's comments like this that make it all worth while. I can't wait for July.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Just to let everyone know, there is also a Facebook page for the event...

https://www.facebook.com/events/298069260249027/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you aren't already on my friends list, feel free to send me a friend request with a message concerning the event. The announcement is less than two weeks and response is already building. This is going to be THE Knight Rider event to attend in 2012 for the 30th anniversary.

thanks,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 am

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Date Change Update!

Hi,
I am announcing this weekend that the dates have changed to the next weekend, July 27 & 28, 2012. I had a mix up with the hotel and they are solid booked the previous weekend. I'm hoping this doesn't pose a problem with everyone 5 month away. If you need any more information, or have any questions, feel free to contact me at mpuette@hotmail.com

Also, I will be posting a special link for hotel booking information for the special event room rate shortly. Everyone attending should book their rooms at the Marriott through this special link not only to get the special rate, but, so that the event gets credit towards a better rate for the meeting facilities for every guest room booked. Your help in this is greatly appreciated.

I would also like to announce Membership Rates. As of now, until May 5th, 2012, membership rates are $60.00 per person. After May 5th the rate will be $70.00. That may sound like a lot, but considering gas and airfares have gone up, as well as the cost of the hotel meeting room facilities, this is very affordable for what you are getting. To go ahead and pay your membership fee, Paypal your payment to mpuette@hotmail.com. Please be sure to include a note saying the payment is for SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012 and telling me the names of the attendees, city & state or country of where you're from and web board name for the membership badges.

If you would, please go to the Facebook event page, https://www.facebook.com/events/298069260249027/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and post that you are attending. Also, if anyone is attending with you, please have them post as well in the "GOING" section. If you are not on my Facebook friends list, send me a friend request and a message about attending the event.

Also, I would like to take a moment to thank everyone that attended last year. I think this year will be even better. We are currently working on a couple of surprises to be announced when they are confirmed. If you know of anyone that is a KNIGHT RIDER fan and might be interested in attending, please pass along the event information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you again for wanting to attend and all your help.

regards,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:09 am

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

craig3sixteen
Recruit

Post by craig3sixteen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 am

All I can say is that I had a wonderful time in Atlanta, I got to meet new faces, and hung out with old friends, looking forward to returning back in July!!!!!!!

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Wow, only a few months away. I better hurry up and get this engine installed! Is there any upadate on hotel booking and pricing information yet?

Bryan

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. I look forward to seeing everyone, the past attendees and all the new folks that are coming.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm

So, I was going through some of my photos from last year and thought I'd post some more to really show what a great event this is. I can't wait until the day I'm loading my KITT on the trailer ready to head south! One thing that's really awesome about this event for anyone who has never been or is thinking about it, is that it's just so laid back. Even the special guests were hanging out among the crowd, signing cars, graciously letting us take photos of them in our cars and I could tell they were having just as much fun as we were. I'm not a "star struck" kind of guy, but I really enjoyed meeting them and talking with them.

Here is one of my favorite shots, a picture of Catherine taking a photo of herself in a KITT and you can see her face on the screen. How cool is that?

Catherine and Michael next to a KITT car:

Myself and Ron Martinez and this guy can tell some stories. I found myself listening intently anytime he spoke. He really gives a thorough insight into what it was like on the set of Knight Rider back in the 80s. I don't think he could ever run out of stories, really, just such a great guy!

And this last picture sort of tells a story. It's Catherine Hickland and me in my KITT car. Yea, I did feel a little like Michael Knight with "Stevie Mason" in the passanger seat. Little did I know what I would get to do the next day:

Long story short, but I had the honor of driving Catherine Hickland from Atlanta to the Nashville area on my way home last year. Truly, a memorable experience. What's funny is, we didn't even talk about Knight Rider hardly at all, it was more about life in general and we just had some great conversation. We did talk some about KITT replicas since she has one herself and I think that's really cool. Sorry, but there are no pictures in existance of our road trip. She and I were both pretty tired and I was busy concentrating on my trailer and KITT behind me.

I've been going to Southern Knights since it was created and it was only about 4 cars and 10 people. It is growing every year and it's something that I look forward to all year long. It's a real treat to sit and listen to the guests talk for an hour or longer each. I've learned more about the show going to these events than I ever thought I would!

I hope to see some new faces there this year. I really enjoy meeting other fans and replica hobbiests!

Bryan

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:11 pm

HOTEL BOOKING INFORMATION NOW AVAILABLE!
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA July 27 & 28, 2012

I now have a link for booking hotel rooms at the Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett Place. The regular rate is $94.00 per night. However, the special SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012 event rate is $85.00 per night. This is for a room with a King Sized Bed or 2 Double Beds, for up to 4 people per room. For those of you that attended last year, you know what a nice hotel the Marriott is.

Here is the direct link for booking your rooms for SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a ... te=7/29/12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a limited number of rooms available at this special rate for a limited time. Don't get left out!

Oh, and don't forget, after hours both Friday & Saturday night, we party at...
BUTTONS LOUNGE!

If you have any questions about booking hotel rooms or anything concerning the event, PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me personally at mpuette@hotmail.com

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Please Send In Membership Fees ASAP!

I am asking that if you are planning to attend the event that you get your membership fees in as fast as possible. Remember, the rate goes up another $10.00 after May 5th. These fees are needed to go ahead and pay for celebrity guest airfares and other expenses. All membership fees are PER PERSON and in US Dollars.

MEMBERSHIP FEES

Up to 12 years old:FREE

13-17:$30.00

18 & up:$60.00

Rates go up another $10.00 after May 5th.

Paypal memberships to mpuette@hotmail.com Be sure to include names of attendees for the name badges. Everyone MUST wear a name badge. No badge, no entry. Too many people coming to keep up with. I need to know everyone there has paid and is wearing a badge. Everyone is welcome to bring a lanyard with them if they want to wear their badge around their neck instead of clipping it to their shirt. Just a suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 am

Just an update. All the details have not been worked out, but that original KITT mentioned in another thread here is tentatively scheduled to be at the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012 30th anniversary event. Hope to see you all there!

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:20 am

This is an update to let everyone know that we are 10 days away from the deadline for the $60.00 membership fee. May 5th! After that they go up to $70.00. All details are below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. If you don't have Paypal and need to pay in another method, contact me. I will be glad to work something out with you. mpuette@hotmail.com

I am asking that if you are planning to attend the event that you get your membership fees in as fast as possible. Remember, the rate goes up another $10.00 after May 5th. These fees are needed to go ahead and pay for celebrity guest airfares and other expenses. All membership fees are PER PERSON and in US Dollars.

MEMBERSHIP FEES

18 & up:$60.00

Rates go up another $10.00 after May 5th.

Paypal memberships to mpuette@hotmail.com Be sure to include names of attendees for the name badges. Everyone MUST wear a name badge. No badge, no entry. Too many people coming to keep up with. I need to know everyone there has paid and is wearing a badge. Everyone is welcome to bring a lanyard with them if they want to wear their badge around their neck instead of clipping it to their shirt. Just a suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Today is May 1st. May 5th is Saturday. Don't forget to get your membership fees in before the rate goes up. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone again this year and all the new folks.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Another reminder that tomorrow, May 5th is the deadline for the $60.00 memberships. After that, they go up to $70.00. If you have ANY questions, feel free to email me at mpuette@hotmail.com

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:57 pm

To those of you that have sent in their memberships, THANK YOU. If you are planning to attend, PLEASE send in your membership fee as soon as possible. After May 5th the membership went up from $60.00 to $70.00.

However, if you are bringing anyone under 18, I will still honor the original membership fees for those under 18,

As usual, if you have any questions, email me at mpuette@hotmail.com

Also, don't forget to book your hotel rooms. To book rooms go here... http://southernknightsatlanta.com/Hotel.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 pm

NOW AVAILABLE!

I am proud to be producing a very limited run of Mr. D's Marine T-shirts as seen in the episode "KITT vs KARR". A lot of hard work went into re-creating the accurate artwork seen on the shirt worn by Jeff Osterhage as John Stanton. These will be screened in the correct dark red ink on atletic gray shirts. Shirts are available in a regular short sleeve version and a sleeveless version. However, if you want the short midriff look as worn by Osterhage, you'll have to cut and hem them yourself. ;)

Jeff Osterhage wearing original shirt in "K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R."

SHORT SLEEVE VERSION

SLEEVELESS VERSION

SHIRT PRICES
Small:$25.00 USD
Medium:$25.00 USD
Large: $25.00 USD
X-Large: $25.00 USD
XX-Large $26.00 USD
XXX-Large: $26.00 USD

SHIPPING:
USA Orders
Shipping for 1 shirt = $8.00
Each additional shirt = $1.00

International Orders
Priority Mail® International Padded Flat Rate Envelope
Expected Delivery6 - 10 business days Post Office Price$16.95

* International Customers: If you want a different shipping method, or you want multiple shirts, please contact me before placing your order.*

Orders will be taken until midnight, Sunday, June 17, 2012. Then id should take about two weeks to have the shirts produced. Paypal payments to mpuette@hotmail.com. Also, if you have any questions, please be sure to email me at mpuette@hotmail.com

Proceeds from this project will be used for expenses for the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012 event.

By tcb4ep at 2012-02-12

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Just a few weeks to go! More people are now sending in their memberships. Don't get left out of this 30th anniversary celebration. Memberships are currently $70.00 for each adult. If you have kids you are bringing, email me for current membership prices or any questions at mpuette@hotmail.com Also, make sure you make your hotel reservations. http://southernknightsatlanta.com/Hotel.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-06-01

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Just to remind everyone. If you are planning to attend SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012, the cutoff date for hotel room reservations at the special rate of $85.00 is July 6, 2012. The link is attached for making reservations. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a ... p=resvlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Don't miss out on this great KNIGHT RIDER weekend. And as usual, if you have ANY questions, email me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-03-05

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Hotel reservation extention!

If you are still on the fence about coming to SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012, I have GREAT NEWS! I spoke with my representative at the event hotel and she told me that they would extend the deadline for room reservations to SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012 up to the day of the event.

The hotel room reservations at the special rate of $85.00 per night. The link is attached for making reservations. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a ... p=resvlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is for a room with a King Sized Bed or 2 Double Beds, for up to 4 people per room. For those of you that attended last year, you know what a nice hotel the Marriott is.

Don't miss out on this great KNIGHT RIDER weekend. And as usual, if you have ANY questions, email me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com.

I have had several people contact me and ask if it was too late to come. NO! IT'S NOT TOO LATE. I will be accepting "AT THE DOOR" memberships in CASH. However, if you can, go ahead and Paypal your memberships to mpuette@hotmail.com

I am asking that if you are planning to attend the event that you get your membership fees in as fast as possible. All membership fees are PER PERSON and in US Dollars.

MEMBERSHIP FEES

18 & up:$70.00

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Hello everyone,
I just got a call from our favorite KNIGHT RIDER producer, Ron Martiinez. Ron says he's really looking forward to another SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA. If you were there last year, you know what a great guy Ron is. If you weren't there last year, you don't know what you're missing. Ron is full of stories about his days on KNIGHT RIDER and the many other productions he worked on over the years. He's got the most fantastic memory of anyone I've ever met. Don't miss out on another fun SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA. Also returning is KITT creator Michael Scheffe. New guest celebrities Rebecca Holden, our very own April Curtis and Ed Crick, who played Eddie in KITT vs Karr. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 am

I got a call last night from Ed Crick, Eddie from KITT vs KARR. He called to confirm details about the event. He said he was excited about attending SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA and looking forward to meeting everyone.

If you are still on the fence about coming to SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012, I have GREAT NEWS! I spoke with my representative at the event hotel and she told me that they would extend the deadline for room reservations to SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2012 up to the day of the event.

The hotel room reservations at the special rate of $85.00 per night. The link is attached for making reservations. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a ... p=resvlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is for a room with a King Sized Bed or 2 Double Beds, for up to 4 people per room. For those of you that attended last year, you know what a nice hotel the Marriott is.

Don't miss out on this great KNIGHT RIDER weekend. And as usual, if you have ANY questions, email me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com.

I have had several people contact me and ask if it was too late to come. NO! IT'S NOT TOO LATE. I will be accepting "AT THE DOOR" memberships in CASH. However, if you can, go ahead and Paypal your memberships to mpuette@hotmail.com

If you are attending "AT THE DOOR", please email me the names of attendees so that we can go ahead and print name badges. Send name, location, and web board name.

I am asking that if you are planning to attend the event that you get your membership fees in as fast as possible. All membership fees are PER PERSON and in US Dollars.

MEMBERSHIP FEES

18 & up:$70.00

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS