Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Actually I don't think the provacy protector was put in for this model.This is what the original trunk looked like on the kitt.

The privacy protector mat should have been connected from the tip of the trunk to the black pole now in karr has nothing between them.If I were to be such an innacurate model I'd have to take black cloth and tape it to a card to make it look proper inside the trunk.Kitt's license needs the stickers indicating month and year on the license plate.The dash's left side needs the right shape too.

The tires on karr look the same.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww28 ... 14876d.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is what they should have made it look like.The rims r a bit too small but I guess then they would have to get thinner tires and widen the hubcap to match its size.

RomanticKnight
Recruit

Post by RomanticKnight » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 am

Forgive me if this is old news, but I gotta say that it seems like a real challenge to get batteries back in for the scanner to work. Does anybody else have this problem? The reason I ask this is because the scanner isn't working, and I checked the batteries and I'm not sure if the batteries are just dead or if there's something wrong with the electronic circuitry. As a matter of fact, it's on my KARR unit as my KITT unit is fine. If there is something wrong beyond the batteries, is there anyone who can tell me where I can send my unit to be checked out for repairs?

SpideyWeb
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by SpideyWeb » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:34 am

Hi RomanticKnight, I have seen your past post but I am not exactly sure what you mean. Do you actually mean that when you removed the batteries it is very difficult to replace the battery or that after you replaced the batteries the scanner light does not work for your KARR?

If you can use fresh batteries and confirm whether it is a circuitry problem or a battery problem that would narrow down the issue.

I removed my batteries from both my KITT and KARR before keeping them in my cupboard as I will be overseas for a while Think when I did that I tried putting back the batteries for both and they work ok.

If it is circuitry problem I am not sure how to get those repaired. I have not had any response from Hot Wheels at all for my emails to them. And my past experience with Mattel is also not fantastic. Maybe some other guys here has better experience/ advice?

RomanticKnight
Recruit

Post by RomanticKnight » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 am

SpideyWeb wrote:Hi RomanticKnight, I have seen your past post but I am not exactly sure what you mean. Do you actually mean that when you removed the batteries it is very difficult to replace the battery or that after you replaced the batteries the scanner light does not work for your KARR?

If you can use fresh batteries and confirm whether it is a circuitry problem or a battery problem that would narrow down the issue.

I removed my batteries from both my KITT and KARR before keeping them in my cupboard as I will be overseas for a while Think when I did that I tried putting back the batteries for both and they work ok.

If it is circuitry problem I am not sure how to get those repaired. I have not had any response from Hot Wheels at all for my emails to them. And my past experience with Mattel is also not fantastic. Maybe some other guys here has better experience/ advice?
The reason I ask this is because when I took KARR out of the box to try out the scanner, nothing happened. So I figured I should take the batteries out and then put them back in. But those batteries were a struggle just to get back in. And even so, nothing has happened. By the same token, I post this because I wouldn't even bother contacting Hot Wheels about this because I already know not many people had much luck getting thru to them. Especially with repair issues.

SpideyWeb
Volunteer

Post by SpideyWeb » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:06 pm

Sounds like could be a bad circuitry or bad batteries. Did you replace with new LR44 batteries and try it?

RomanticKnight
Recruit

Post by RomanticKnight » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Not yet, because I can't even tell if the batteries are in right. Is it a possible that somebody could post a video of how to put them in? Because despite having the manual, the batteries won't stay still and keep popping out

tuske427
Recruit

Post by tuske427 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 am

Do the directions explain how to replace the batteries- specifically show you the direction of the batteries?

RomanticKnight
Recruit

Post by RomanticKnight » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:41 am

tuske427 wrote:Do the directions explain how to replace the batteries- specifically show you the direction of the batteries?
Yes, but even so, they still won't stay in still because just when I'm about to pop in battery #3, the spring at one end, which I think is a bit too long anyway, sends one or both of the first 2 batteries popping out

SpideyWeb
Volunteer

Post by SpideyWeb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 am

This is pretty normal for the spring to be pushing the batteries out. Try this trick which works for me.

I put the first 2 batteries at each end and use a small screwdriver to keep the battery closer to the spring steady. Then I wedge the battery in the middle of the 2 batteries. If you do this correctly, it is easier to squeeze the battery in between 2 batteries than trying to fight the friction with the copper ends/ spring.