Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

Post by imranbecks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 pm

MrSmith wrote:I imagine there will be a display base, cutout in the box like this with the trailer backdrop, in the final product

The Super Elite Batmobile has a nice silver batlogo backdrop/display piece to the box

After watching this video for like 10 times, my only complaint is the blue headlights,

I guess even if they use white leads, which will look snow white, it woun't look 100% like halogen headlights.
White led light would still look better than blue. By the time its released in 2014, the lights would probably be fixed... Nonetheless, it does look impressive, but i'll get the normal one first..

Tbird100636
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tbird100636 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 am

I just ordered my HW Elite KITT from a place in California. $137.95 plus $13 shipping. Should be here by the end of the week.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that the clutch has the season 3 green LED'S even though it's a season 1 dash.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tuske427
Recruit

Post by tuske427 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Glad to hear you guys like the video/ teaser sample. Do know the sample is a hand built model cutting up a pre production elite model. So yeah, when this one would be in production the lights would work better, etc. Unfortunately, the video didn't show the (6) fog lights working, center console working, nor the brake lights working. That foam core trailer comp also had a lid on it to complete the top and front side wall...

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 am

Yes, recognized the fog lights in front. Looks great! Wondering how the taillights Look like, because most of the Ertl modification on this part looks awful.
But what I am really afraid of is that by producing only 1.000 pcs, I can hardly get one here in Germany!?

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 am

DiggiDiDuck wrote:But what I am really afraid of is that by producing only 1.000 pcs, I can hardly get one here in Germany!?
Start hassling your local toy shop that sells Hot Wheels Elite stuff to get your name down with the HW distributor.

or be ready to pay an overinflated price once the speculators buy them and resell them on ebay.

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 am

Clutch? KITT was an auto.

There are lots of good diecast retailers in Germany. CK Modelcars, Merge-Left and Modelissimo will almost certainly have these when they get released.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am

tuske427 wrote:Glad to hear you guys like the video/ teaser sample. Do know the sample is a hand built model cutting up a pre production elite model.

Like it? I don't like it at all, I LOVE IT! Completely blown away, and hope I can get one pre-ordered before all 1000 are gone. I do have a question if you don't mind me asking, but will any detail be sacrificed from the Elite version to get the electronics to fit in the model?
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am

DanielB wrote:Clutch? KITT was an auto.

There are lots of good diecast retailers in Germany. CK Modelcars, Merge-Left and Modelissimo will almost certainly have these when they get released.
I think it's pretty obvious what I was referring to as I also mentioned the green LED's if you know your KR stuff. I mentioned clutch for our American friends as I am not sure if they simply call it a........pedal.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 am

Throttle / accelerator. :good:

Ordered my Elite today. 8)
Last edited by DanielB on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Skav wrote:
DanielB wrote:Video of the Super Elite KITT in action - you guys will enjoy this! It's a 1080p HD video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvk9cYXpgA

:good:
Holy s...!!!!!!!

That's a thing of beauty!

Yep, already made up my mind that I'll be getting that whether I get the standard or not.

Not overly bothered about the ignited head lights. And the scanner light is actually dull looking when compared to them (might just be the overall lighting). It's the dash that does it. And of course, the theme that plays!
I agree completely, this is the ultimate KITT voicecar model :D Love the flashing voicebox when KITT is talking, hope it has tons of KITT phrases from the show and the theme music is great to have too :) Where's the electronics located, in the car or built into the the Semi interior base?

tuske427
Recruit

Post by tuske427 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Yes, that model was put together to demonstrate a quick sequence. Any production version would have much more sounds in it.

In production the PC board would be located inside KITT. It would have the ability to come off the trailer.

MID KNIGHT
Volunteer

Post by MID KNIGHT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:16 am

tuske427 wrote:Yes, that model was put together to demonstrate a quick sequence. Any production version would have much more sounds in it.

In production the PC board would be located inside KITT. It would have the ability to come off the trailer.
Will there be pre orders from ebay retailers? Amazing model!!! Whoever was envolved in this project did an absolute fantastic job!!!

MID KNIGHT
Volunteer

Post by MID KNIGHT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Just got my elite 1/18 KITT. Very impressive model! Super high detail on the entire car and fit and finish is great. One detail that was not mentioned was painted key holes on the driver and passenger doors...very cool! Before I put it on display I'm doing a small mod for screen accuracy but other than that 100% awsome! Great job hot wheels crew!!! If you haven't yet BUY THIS NOW!!!

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 am

What's the mod you're making?

Looking forward to receiving mine. Probably wont be here until early next week.

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 am

Several UK retailers are showing the 1:18 as in stock now. I got mine from Europe - even including shipping from the continent, it was £25 cheaper than the UK RRP.

DiggiDiDuck
Recruit

Post by DiggiDiDuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 am

My local dealer in Germany has also marked the Hot Wheels Kitt 1/18 as available today.

Hopefully next week!!! :lol:

Want make some modifications too, but I am not quite sure whether to do them at this model or rather at the Super Elite one. Only want to have one model at the end and not two at this high value.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 pm

The Modelzone.co.uk website now have the 1.18 officially for sale and no longer a pre-order so I'm going to go back in to my local Modelzone store next week and see if they have it. I've had no phone call yet.

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Not to get nitpicky, but shouldn't there only be 2 foglights on either side? I know people sometimes put 3 on their full size replicas (for some bizarre reason), but I only remember 2 in the actual show.

And another thing that always bugs me about KITT models and diecasts, is that the seats are always too far forward. Being that Hasselhoff was such a tall guy, the seats should be moved back a lot further than that. It just looks weird to me otherwise.

Still though, everything else about this Super Elite one looks pretty damn cool from the video.

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm

davejames wrote:Not to get nitpicky, but shouldn't there only be 2 foglights on either side? I know people sometimes put 3 on their full size replicas (for some bizarre reason), but I only remember 2 in the actual show. .
3 foglights on each side, this is a screen shot from S01E10 Inside Out

Remember this model is based on the Season 1 car, so maybe in the later seasons the foglights changed.
Attachments
knight.jpg
knight.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 21330 times

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Got mine in the mail today. Lovely model. Quite frustrating to get into it as it's very well packaged to keep everything safe and secure, so do be patient when you're unboxing them.

The rims have a 2.2cm diameter btw, so perfectly in scale. :good:

Tbird100636
Recruit

Post by Tbird100636 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:02 pm

I took DanielB's suggestion to heart, took my time removing it from the packaging. I'll post some pictures accompanying instructions in a little bit.

Tbird100636
Recruit

Post by Tbird100636 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Well here it is, with The Hoff on the front. I used an exacto knife to open it. Start by cutting the tape on either end of the box. I opened it on the Hoff end.

Slide out the foam. The directions will be on the top. But don't cut the tape on the sides just yet!!!

Flip the foam upside-down. Remove the three screws holding the car to the lower half of the foam (one for the front of the car, two for the back). The screws may stick in the plastic sleeves depending on how the foam base was taped on the inside at the factory. Flip it back over.

Now cut the tape. Remove the top half foam and viola!!! There's your new HW Elite KITT. Taped to the inside of the top foam is the T-Tops. Remove the plastic protector that sits on top of the car's T-Top openings. Then lift the car out.

Here you go, open the doors and slide out the plastic sheet behind the front seats. Slide out the foam block that sits on the rear seat. Remove the tissue paper on top of the front seats.

Now before you try to open the rear hatch, flip the car over. There is a twist tie that runs through a hole in the body and a bracket on the inside of the hatch. Un-twist it as straight as you can, slide the plastic buckle off then carefully open the hatch. Carefully slide the twist tie out of the bracket. This is where having the twist tie straight as possible makes things easier. You could also cut the twist tie if you want.

Same applies for the hood. Another twist tie and buckle. Un-twist it, slide off the buckle and open the hood. Slide out or cut off the twist tie from the bracket on the hood.

Follow the directions for installing the T-Tops exactly, in more of the closed position. And you're done, enjoy your Hot Wheels Elite KITT.

Tbird100636
Recruit

Post by Tbird100636 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh, I'll give my thoughts on it later after seeing it in-person. I do like it allot by the way.

MrSmith
Operative

Post by MrSmith » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 am

Tbird100636, thanks for your unboxing pictures

can you tell me, can the model sit back in the box again and be put away once you have assembled the t-tops?