Need Help.... How to Install KITT ORB

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: Need Help.... How to Install KITT ORB

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Jessica, you don't have to program anything. It's already been done for you by me prior to being shipped out.

You MUST however start Dragons Naturally speaking FIRST. See Dragons's Naturally speaking 8 website for instructions on how to train that specific application. (It's pretty self explanatory)

Once you have Dragons 8 up and running, click 'start listening' on the top of Dragons NS 8. (The menu bar at top)
THEN run The KI3T program.

Also make sure you have the current Microsoft NET framework installed and your running XP SP3 in administration mode. (This is VERY IMPORTANT)

1.) Import the registryfile 'registry.reg'... (double click and click yes)
2.) Start the Ki3t-Software-Config.exe as administrator (it needs access to the registry) and configure KI3T

- Start Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Start the 'Ki3t-Software.exe' as administrator (it needs access to the registry)
- Have fun
This is all the info you need to run KI3T.

If you & Rob have any SPECIFIC problem just let me know. :good:

Preloaded trigger questions are:

How are you
Play a video
Run explorer
Kitt deactivate
can you hear me
do you have a hunch
cover up my tracks
I can't believe you did that
do we have a deal
I'm worried
can you speak French
activate GPS
what did you learn
how is that search coming
search again
were screwed
have you come up with something
can you follow them
you okay
how did you do
are you okay
initiate launch prep
what is that
can you tell what it is
where Kit
I screwed that up
self-diagnostic
can you run a search
how are your systems
can't you do that
occupant restraint system
is that all
attack mode
I could use some help
I don't understand
what are you

ALSO make sure your using a good microphone for both Dragons and KI3T.
I use the Olympus ME12 Noise canceling Microphone for speech recognition.
Normal PC mics usually don't work well with speech recognition.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Knightphoenix1
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 am

Yao, I hope you still have me down for a voice orb. I remember responding to your PM that once I get my tax return I will let you know. Also where can I get a scanner?

Thanks, Matt

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:59 am

i undesrtand so let me some month to save money for the new one pleaseeeeeeeee^^

perfectdeere
Volunteer

Post by perfectdeere » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 am

Do you have any more orbs available? And also do you have scanners available?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Yes I have one more 1.0 version of the Orb & three 2.0 versions left.
PM for payment details. :good:

Sorry, I don't make the scanners anymore.

perfectdeere
Volunteer

Post by perfectdeere » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Ok. Did you get my message?

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Josh, Call me..........

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:18 pm

krkitt1 wrote:Josh, Call me..........
Same here Josh,

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:38 am

can you keep one for me later please? you know i'll buy it I'm serious about that

PontiacGirl
Volunteer

Post by PontiacGirl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 am

Josh and All,

Does anyone know how you get the kitt speak program to start automatically upon start up of the PC? How does the program start each time? Or do you have to open the program every time?

Thanks.

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks Jessica, also when KITT isnt speaking how do you get the orb to keep running?

thanks for all of your help!

Rob

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 pm

PontiacGirl wrote:Josh and All,

Does anyone know how you get the kitt speak program to start automatically upon start up of the PC? How does the program start each time? Or do you have to open the program every time?
To configure a program to start automatically

Right-click Start, and then click Explore. Windows Explorer opens and displays your Start menu.

In the left pane, click Programs. Browse to find the program you want to automatically open. In the right pane, right-click the program, and then click Copy.

In the left pane, click Programs, right-click Startup, and then click Paste.

Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add more programs to your Startup group.

The programs you add to the Startup group will start automatically the next time you log on to your computer.

(Make sure Dragons 8 starts FIRST then the KI3T A.I. program since KI3T needs Dragons to 'hear'.)

BullittKnight wrote:When KITT isn't speaking how do you get the orb to keep running?

thanks for all of your help!

Rob
It stays running even if you don't talk to it Rob. JUST like in the show. :good:

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks Josh

I've noticed if I take the applications out of the folder I recieve .net errors, like the kitt config.exe. Then if I launch it from the desktop it will error out. Is that not normal? Im asking because Im not sure how to add the KITT speak to the programs without it erroring out.

I hope this makes sense.

Rob

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Don't take the KI3T applications out of the folder.
(It can't run right if you take them out.)
You don't have to run the kitt config.exe on start up so don't worry about that. Just have the KI3T-Software.exe autostart from inside the folder directory.

PontiacGirl
Volunteer

Post by PontiacGirl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

That makes sense. Another question about installation. Has anyone been able to install it without cutting out the part of the Mustang AC ducts? We haven't started the actual installation yet, so I'm not sure how much room there is when you get in there... but it seems like there is room for costly error in cutting part of the Mustang AC duct. Anyone found or tried a different approach that doesn't require the AC duct being cut?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:31 pm

You can try and do it without cutting the ducts Jessica, but I don't think it will work. (I tried)
As long as you have the ducts sealed off after you cut a portion of the duct out to accommodate the Orb the air will be re-diverted to the 2 outside vents. You will still have the same amount of AC coming into the car.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm

PontiacGirl wrote:That makes sense. Another question about installation. Has anyone been able to install it without cutting out the part of the Mustang AC ducts? We haven't started the actual installation yet, so I'm not sure how much room there is when you get in there... but it seems like there is room for costly error in cutting part of the Mustang AC duct. Anyone found or tried a different approach that doesn't require the AC duct being cut?
Hey Jessica, I sent Rob a email about the dash and I will send him some new pictures on how to install it when I dismantle my dash. I'm trying to find someone near here to sent up my computer. I'm good at installing the parts but computers are not my thing. I want mine to start up when I turn it on but never got any info on how to do that. Can't seem to get someone to call me to help me out :roll:

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 pm

so KRKitt1 you saying that your car pc don't start up when you turn on your car? your car pc drivers cd supposed to have that option. I know because my car pc has no on and off switch as most likely like yours. But when i flick my wall switch it will boot up my car pc instantly also your car pc should have that option to stay on when car turns off or to go into shut down mode after you power off your car automatically. Did you get a driver disk with your car pc? you may want to check that and or update all the software from that disk as well. Do you have a military class 2 car pc as well by the way? because I do and it seems to do as it supposed too. Right now though before I install my kitt orb I plan on getting a few more things for my car pc and my high end police/ambulance from the microphone Andrea electronic corp.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Hey Ted!
Sorry I am still trying to heal from having all my teeth removed the other day. (Can't really talk yet.)
BUT...I can type. :D

Look a couple of posts up for instructions on how to have KI3T startup when the PC boots up. :good:

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 pm

about cutting the ducts I think there is a way to maneuver the air around the LCD screen as there be some space but this would require some moldings that goes completely around it. But make sure u know someone that's good at that and try to think of a layout. oh Yes, TED there is a way to make any program boot upon start up. Try to put a short cut icon for ki3t in the start up folder. Witch you should be able to find in the all programs tab. try that and let us know.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 pm

blackthorntk wrote:about cutting the ducts I think there is a way to maneuver the air around the LCD screen as there be some space but this would require some moldings that goes completely around it. But make sure u know someone that's good at that and try to think of a layout.
Yes, I replaced the fabric with wire mess and that solved the problem with my dash. I now have air flowing around the monitor and out of the center vents.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Yeah, I know KRKitt1 here's a drawing of my idea for the molding for the orb. basically like adding a cup around it but a real plastic mold should be made if you know anyone that knows how to do molds then have them help you with that. but i dont recomend fiber glass in airducts as you will be breathing it. but here's my image idea.Image

The blue in picture represents the air flow airea of the aircon where if you have the wired vent like me and krkitt1 does then it should have air coming out of it. The cloth does block it up but I don't recommend that to much as I feel personally it's not safe for the car. Yes it will make the other two stronger but it's also putting back pressure into the systems. the big black block is of course the lcd screen. and the other stuff is of course the new molding around the lcd screen in my opinion this will work well as you are just re routing the airflow. If my money situation wasn't so bad right now I would make this and get my kitt orb up and running. When I do succeed and I know i will eventually. heck I would make more on the side for others to use as part of the kr 3k project.

Well mainly for my Idea a cut up cup might do it as long as you can keep that cup in place without it falling off and having something in the inside to cover any airpockets you might have. As this would be half a cup on each side and the mid side wont be directed to anything. Well that's my Theory and it should work fine. But with
the wired fence thanks to krkitt1 for that when we traded our upper dash air vents he gave me a set of them. If you have them type of modded vents you will have
a vent that looks like the one in the show and it's sweet. Many guys that seen my vents that also own a mustang go wtf where you get that :D. They also ask me where they can get one. I say it's just custom made.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:40 am

I would be interested if you come with something ^^

PontiacGirl
Volunteer

Post by PontiacGirl » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 am

So if I'm reading the posts correctly about auto-start, it sounds like two executable files should go into the startup directory ... Dragon and KI3T-Software.exe in that order. The problem seems to be that anytime either of the Kitt .exe are alone without the other files (like the registry file), an error appears. See attached for error. Any thoughts?
Attachments
Error_Kitt.jpg
Error_Kitt.jpg (113.29 KiB) Viewed 17574 times

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks Jess, this has since been resolved. Now the Dragon software isnt working properly.