Need Help.... How to Install KITT ORB

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PontiacGirl
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Need Help.... How to Install KITT ORB

Post by PontiacGirl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi All -

Looking for some help from those of you that have installed the Kitt Orb. The orb has arrived but there are no instructions. How do you install the software on the PC? What should you do first?

Ted has graciously offered to help anyone (THANK YOU, Ted!!). I'm just wondering if anyone has the instructions already documented somewhere that they can share or post?? I'm willing to pay for an instruction manual or some kind.

Love the way they look installed and am eager to see the finished product.

Jessica

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: Need Help.... How to Install KITT ORB

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:48 am

PontiacGirl wrote:
The orb has arrived but there are no instructions.
I haven't even MADE your Orb yet, nor have you sent me any money for it yet.
You JUST emailed me about purchasing one like 3 days ago.

Jessica check your PM box. I sent you the info you wanted on the 1st. You haven't read it yet.

P.S. I send instructions and PDF files with every Orb I make.
Last edited by taoworm2323 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

James Sonny Crockett
Volunteer

Post by James Sonny Crockett » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 am

This board not a personal store or similar..
Please get things done between you this problem using the ''Private Message'' features!
We don't care you going between the problem!
Please respect the forum rules..
Have a good day!
Freeze! Miami Vice - Put your hands up Where I CAN SEEM PAL! ''Detective Sergeant Sonny Crockett''
Get on the board, Get on THE BOARD! - don't BODY MOVE! ''Detective Sergeant Ricardo Tubbs''

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 am

James Sonny Crockett wrote: Please respect the forum rules..

I have NOT broken ANY forum rules.

K.R.O. Forum Rules

Attacking
Chat Room
Copyrighted Material
Illegal Activity
Meaningless threads
Multiple Accounts
Signatures
Spamming
Vulgarity
Guidelines
Stay on topic

I have been a member here a lot longer than you have, and you simply have no idea what goes on here since you are new. I have ALWAYS dealt publicly with customers / members here.
Everyone here knows this.
So stop being passive aggressive James Sonny Crockett . Some of your posts have already been deleted by the Mods here last night for being off topic and for your hostile posts.
YOU should not be telling ANY long time member here what they can or cannot do considering you're spamming Miami Vice all over this forum.

I did not start this thread. I am addressing a question raised by another member.
YOU are the one off topic here in this thread.
Last edited by taoworm2323 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

James Sonny Crockett
Volunteer

Post by James Sonny Crockett » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 am

taoworm2323 wrote:
James Sonny Crockett wrote: Please respect the forum rules..

I have NOT broken ANY forum rules.

K.R.O. Forum Rules

Attacking
Chat Room
Copyrighted Material
Illegal Activity
Meaningless threads
Multiple Accounts
Signatures
Spamming
Vulgarity
Guidelines
Stay on topic
Descriptive Titles
Censoring
Signatures
Quoting
Message Removal
Disclaimer
Amending

I have been a member here a lot longer than you have, and you simply have no idea what goes on here since you are new. I have ALWAYS dealt publicly with customers / members here.
Everyone here knows this.
So stop being passive aggressive James Sonny Crockett . Some of your posts have already been deleted by the Mods here last night for being off topic.
YOU should not be telling ANY long time member here what they can or cannot do considering you're spamming Miami Vice all over this forum and your hostile attitude.

I did not start this thread. I am addressing a question raised by another member.
Listen to me carefully pal!
I don't care your register date! You just member and you must be respect Forum Rules!
This is just forum board,you can not do anarchy movements!
I didn't spamming Miami Vice posting,this posting just information!
But you write here personal store about and ''pay it,buy it and bla bla.. problem ridiculous'' do you understand??
Here is a not market! This is just fanatic forums,this is just sharing KR news and KR about share and 80's board!
No one Moderator delete my post What're you talking about please tell me!
Miami Vice pictures is still have there:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17661 topic! The Moderator just did edit my message Cause pictures more!
Please don't be silly! Please don't have atacks!

Hostile post?? Maybe you drunk huh pal??
You said ''I didn't start this thread'' <- Great but why you posting any thread angry message and why you it continued this ridicule? You can tell me please!! and you show rule text but where off topic article?? Maybe that be Off Topic Content but this topic opening General Discussion?? What that about of general discussion can you tellen me?
You edit some attack message I know pal! I saw what did you say..
Later you edit this message! Here is a not market! Not Replica Store!
That page is not general forum of Knight Rider 2008! This page only general board of the original Knight Rider!
What is originally series? Knight Rider! Date:1982 - Meaning this about content of 80's !
Maybe you not be fanatic original Knight Rider but I'm just be of original series fanatic!
Knight Rider 2008 cancelled By NBC 2009! Knight Rider 2008 not real Knight Rider!
According to me Knight Rider 2008 just parody of Knight Rider Original!
Knight Rider&Miami Vice of NBC Prime Time TV Series! What're you talkin about (Miami Vice spamming and etc??)
But not won popularity as much as Knight Rider original!
Mike Traceur or Justin Bruening not real Michael Knight!
I don't like Justin Bruening-Deanna Russo-Bruce Davison and etc. juicy characters of KR 08
Maybe you like but I don't
Cause KR 2008 parody of Knight Rider Original!
I like David Hasselhoff(handsome and charismatic The Hoff)-Patricia Mcpherson(gorgeous)-Edward Muhlare(Gentleman) do you understand?
That board not Mustang store or replica forum! Mustang is not real KITT according to Real Knight Rider Fans Put it your head this!
Last edited by James Sonny Crockett on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Freeze! Miami Vice - Put your hands up Where I CAN SEEM PAL! ''Detective Sergeant Sonny Crockett''
Get on the board, Get on THE BOARD! - don't BODY MOVE! ''Detective Sergeant Ricardo Tubbs''

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 am

Hi James Sonny Crocket,

It would seem that you have an issue with Josh over his comments about Miami Vice in one of your other threads.

Josh has conducted such business in the public eye before, and his transparency is to be applauded in a day and age where questionable dealings across many fandoms appear to be commonplace.

The messages that were edited were due to you making several posts in a row in the same thread, which is considered spam, so please edit your posts in the future. Also, if you wish to post topics about Miami Vice, please do so in the off topic section of the forum. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

James Sonny Crockett
Volunteer

Post by James Sonny Crockett » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:31 am

Matthew wrote:Hi James Sonny Crocket,

It would seem that you have an issue with Josh over his comments about Miami Vice in one of your other threads.

Josh has conducted such business in the public eye before, and his transparency is to be applauded in a day and age where questionable dealings across many fandoms appear to be commonplace.

The messages that were edited were due to you making several posts in a row in the same thread, which is considered spam, so please edit your posts in the future. Also, if you wish to post topics about Miami Vice, please do so in the off topic section of the forum. :good:

Matt
Thank you Matt for about that,good work!
Have a good day!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 am

Matthew wrote:Josh has conducted such business in the public eye before, and his transparency is to be applauded in a day and age where questionable dealings across many fandoms appear to be commonplace.
Thank you for the kind words Matt! :good:

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 pm

tao why don't you reply to my many pm?

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:11 pm

I haven't gotten any PMs on here. Are you sending them to zippcast or here?
Email me at my gmail today at taoworm23 at gmail dot comm :good:

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Yea tao don't worry about this james. I, like many of us, respect what you do for us KR fans. Keep it up.

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:04 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:
P.S. I send instructions and PDF files with every Orb I make.
Josh...I didn't get any instructions or a PDF file with my orb! :? And I didn't get any of the cloth for the faceplate. I made a mesh screen using mesh wire from a file folder holder! Kinda thought it looked cool. But I'd really like to have some instructions and a PDF file for the orb ( and maybe some cloth for the faceplate!! :wink: )

BTW, I know this is off topic but what about a cool looking scanner for the mustang? :good:

"LAR"

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:13 am

taoworm2323 wrote:I haven't gotten any PMs on here. Are you sending them to zippcast or here?
Email me at my gmail today at taoworm23 at gmail dot comm :good:

on both here and zippcast , I'll send you a mail :D

PontiacGirl
Volunteer

Post by PontiacGirl » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 am

Josh,

First, let me say that I absolutely LOVE the product you create. It's awesome. And I love that you bring the awareness of it to this forum where people like me..... KR geeks - no offense anyone :) and Kitt enthusiasts can learn about them. I thought that was the spirit of this forum. Not sure where the issue is in that.

This project is actually one I'm trying to help a friend with. I was hoping before he purchased it, we could find out how hard it would be to install - but he was eager and bought it anyway :lol: from e-bay from an enthusiast that purchased the orb from you originally but never did install it. The problems is, Ive started to help him research the installation --- there seems to be a lack of information out there to help him get started. I've reached out to a bunch of people that have also installed the orb (found through this forum or youtube). Some of them also expressed frustration about not receiving instructions and not having enough information or your responsiveness to help. They have all been great and supportive in wanting to help.

I think the frustration is that people seem to be messaging you through the board or PM and aren't getting a response.

I will PM you and see if we cant get it resolved and get my friend some instructions so he, too, can install the orb and promote the finished product in the marketplace.

Thanks for following up,

Jessica

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 pm

none taken Jessica, I consider myself an Knight Rider geek. Or, if you wanna get technical; a Knerd.

PontiacGirl
Volunteer

Post by PontiacGirl » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:19 pm

LOVE it, Knerd!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok, I think I got the picture now. lol!
(And you guys correct me if I am wrong)

Larry is buying the 2.0 version of the Orb from me. So he sold his 1.0 version Orb that I sold him months ago on Ebay to Jessica's friend since he's getting the 'season 2' orb.
Now Jess and her friend need the instructions to install the Orb that Larry sold him on Ebay.

Awesome, no problem. Except that to install the Orb isn't exactly as straight forward as it is to install the old school 80's voice box in the fiberglass dash. To install my Orb requires one to literately cut into there dash with a dremel tool.

I would suggest you talk to Ted about the finer points of the Orb install process.
Ted has been a tremendous help to this community and is truly available to help out anyone that needs it. (And props to Ted for that because he has a family and a VERY busy work schedule, yet he always finds time to help anyone that he can.

When I first made this video : http://www.zippcast.com/video/8fa01686736b18f39fc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I had done a real hack and slash job on it. Ted's was MUCH more of a professional installation. (Thats why I direct folks to Ted.)

The instructions I provide are official Ford Pdf files on how to remove the dash components to get to the area you need to install the Orb to.
(Like what screws are located where and how to remove the radio bezel and what not.)
Once you get the center vents removed you have to cut out part of the Mustang AC ducts located where the Orb will be. (This is to make sure that there is enough room for the Orb electronics which will be flush mount once you install everything.)

VERY IMPORTANT: If you do not block off the areas in the newly cut AC ducts, the next time you run your AC it WILL form condensation and ruin the components of the Orb AND the mustangs mycolor option or worse might permanently mess up the speedo or tach gauges.

Once you remove the excess material from the center AC ducts you will have to seal it of some how. How you do it is up to you. I haven't myself gotten to that point yet. Others have used pieces of Plexiglas sealed with epoxy or JB Weld. Whatever you use make sure no air is escaping from the area you dreamal out to make room for the Orb.

Once that is done you will need a BIG natural sponge from like bath and body works or whatever. Why?
Well your going to need to place 1 or 2 of these sponges behind the electronics to make sure that:
1. The Orb stays in place and doesn't fall back into the dash.
&
2. That it creates a forward tension that keeps the orb electronics 'pushed' forwards so that no gap lies between the Orb and the faceplate.

The irony is I am the guy that makes the Knight 3000 parts yet I haven't had a chance to ever install them. (My KI3T in my famous Orb video got smashed into pieces a while back. I got another Mustang but haven't installed anything yet.)

That's why I direct folks to Ted, because although many others successfully installed my Orb, they dropped off the face of the planet once there cars were complete. (So again, big up's to Ted & Matt for sticking around the KR community & helping folks out. INCLUDING me. :D )

And one more thing before I finish this specific post. I want to apologize to those that have had a hard time getting me to answer them back in e-mails and PMs. Heres where some of the problem lies: Many times when I get emails that don't sign there real name to them. And almost everyone has a similar screen handle like
krrkitt1
krkitt
krfan
and so on..
You guys have to remember that I get a WHOLE lot of emails and its hard to know who you are if you don't end each email or PM with your real name.
(95% of the PM and emails I get about my parts have no name...REALLY.)

Sooooooo, to address this I want ANYONE that needs to get a hold of me from now on to post in THIS specific thread.
This way everyone will see if I do answer a question or if I don't and will keep ALL of my business questions out in the open for all to see. Also this helps me know who's who and what they need.
You only have to sign every post with your real first name. (No need for last names.) :wink:

I hope this helps with some of the frustration felt by some in my spotty correspondence or sometimes complete lack thereof.

So in short, I see this thread becoming pages long over the months and years. :lol:

(Someone emailed me on Zippcast but did not leave a name. They need to post in this thread and I will answer.)

Do not email me at Champion Mustang, youtube, Zippcast or K.R.O. anymore unless you feel it's not something that should be discussed in public or you want to contact me about another matter NOT related to my product line. ONLY this thread will be used for any inquires about my parts, servicing and or instillation of my products. :good:

Sound good everyone?
Awesome! :good:

Oh, and you guys (and gals) rock! :wink:

Joshua

Also I want to add big props goes to Neps, Matt & Michael Pajaro for being kind enough to let me have these kind of direct dealings with the fan base. I am a ubber fan like all of you here and a member first like everyone else. So BIG thank you goes to the staff of KnightRiderOnline for being kind enough to let me be creative and deal directly with those who wish to create KI3T, KITT or KIFT for that matter.
Thanks again guys!

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Joshua

Im Jessica's friend that purchased the orb from Larry. I am having issues with programming the orb, I have this cd with KITT SPEAK and a few others and I am not too sure how to program KITT. Do you have a PDF instructions on how to program the software?

I want to thank everyone that has been kind enough to help me up to this point. One of the best things about doing a project like this is that you get to meet great people that share your passion.
Please help

Thank you in advance,
Rob

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi Rob! Nice to meet you! :D
Yes, programing KI3T's A.I. is pretty straight forward.
He can respond to phrase's or to words.
It has be pre programed by me with phrases already. (So it works out of the box.)

Open the question maker program included with KI3T's homemade A.I. engine and you will see a list of questions or phrases pre-programed by me.
If you wish to change some or all of these to your own you can erase them and enter your own.
Make sure you are using the 2.3 version of KI3T's A.I. brain. (I included several versions of the A.I. script but you will want to use the 2.3 version for your needs.)
Give me a second to pull everything up that you might need.
I will PM you the instructions here on K.R.O. in about 2 hours Rob. :good:

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 am

hello I would like the pdf fil too it seem it do'esn't work on the cd ,Also i would like to know if If is possible to update the 1.0 orb with 2.0 by just upgrade it and purchassing the side indicator? Also I would like the uptadate phrases thanks a lot, let me know if something it's possible to upgrade the faceplate

BullittKnight
Rookie

Post by BullittKnight » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Joshua

will you still send those instructions to me?

Thank you

PontiacGirl
Volunteer

Post by PontiacGirl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 pm

I can barely stand waiting to see this project come to completion for Rob! The orb is just awesome. Based on what I've seen so far, I feel pretty confident it will come out great - I just don't know how these components work together. Forgive my ignorance... but do you use Kitt Speak to program kitt's AI to understand the voice recognition program (Dragon)? If so, HOW do you do that? Is it hard to train Dragon to understand your voice?

Also, do most people put the carPC in the trunk? How do you hide the wires?

What about the speakers? I assume you can't use the car stereo speakers because then you would make the radio unusable? Do you need external speakers? Or is there a way to use the orb and the stereo simultaneously?

Sorry if I seem like I don't have a clue :? With instructions, I think this will become a WHOLE LOT more clear. I'm super excited for Rob!

Thanks everyone for being so responsive!

Jess

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Here it is everyone!
I have uploaded publicly all files pertaining to the dash removal process for our Mustangs in a zip file for quicker download. :good:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0xbvcasoa ... rpanel.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Pierre wrote:I would like to know if If is possible to update the 1.0 orb with 2.0 by just upgrade it and purchasing the side indicators? Also I would like the updated phrases thanks a lot, let me know if something it's possible to upgrade the faceplate
I'm afraid there is no option for upgrading just one aspect of the original K3000 Interactive Voice Orb.
The measurements are different and the screen is daylight viewable. (Brightest in the world) The template fits different and the voice files reflect the new resolution changes as well. (Due to the daylight viewable display.

Both Orbs are different enough that one version would not be compatible with the other, and I only sell the whole Orb package and do not mix and match parts from each. Sorry about that Pierre, it just wouldn't fit on the 1.0 version you have.

The differences between version 1.0 and 2.0 are:

The 1.0 Orb comes with the Knight 3000 software and hardware cables wires and connections, complete PDF instructions on how to install in you dash. It also comes with 2 different versions of the Knight 3000 software. (It can be either word specific or sentence specific.) And it includes the faceplate and side vents of the orb.
Everything you need to run the Orb comes with it.
All hardware and software so he can understand you.
Over 50 responses!
You can also program your own phrases or words if you wish or input different questions.

The 2.0 Orb comes with a new, brightest DAYLIGHT VIEWABLE Orb possible , cables wires and connections.
New updated faceplate with Electroluminescent new side status indicator lights designed by Master Key for the Orb but never used.
And based on feedback the Orb diameter is larger on version 2.0 as well
Over 100 responses!
(The new side indicator lights are HUD blue with white letters with very evenly back lit white EL sheeting.)
Instead of fabric the vents openings are replaced by black Plexiglas with recessed openings for each side status indicator. A smoked piece of Plexiglas goes underneath that so that the 'vents' appear all black until you turn the car on and then the side indicator lights show.

the new side status indicators are labeled:

AUX_________________________________Nano

Tire Press____________________________Sat COMM

Oil Temp_____________________________GPS

HUD_________________________________Attack Sys

PontiacGirl
Volunteer

Post by PontiacGirl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Tao,

Forgive me. I can't say enough how cool I think the orb is and I genuinely am just excited to see it installed. But, it seems like we're still struggling to get the instrcutions for the software. Do you have a PDF that you can send or post that is specific to getting the softare and voice recognition set up? I posted some specific questions earlier too. The zip file containing support for the installation and the wiring is helpful. Do you (or does anyone) have something similar on the software and programming side?

Thanks again,
Jessica