The Red Light Morality Scale

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Red Light Morality Scale

Post by KFCreator » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi everyone, I found this online via a link Neatorama posted and I just had to share it. I wish it came in a bigger size so I could make it my wallpaper for my computer but still amusing nonetheless and so true. Happy New Year's to all!

"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: The Red Light Morality Scale

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:51 pm

A long time ago I used to think kitt was black and red,fire and brimstone.Don't you think even though its a cool black shiney car with a pulsating red light,it just might be what the devil drives.On the other hand Karr was black with silver paint job and a yellow light.Yellow is posative and good compared to red which is evil as in look at that black demon with red eyes.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Love this chart. But one might argue HAL wasn't evil, just misunderstood. Or at least not-guilty by reason of insanity.

Was trying to think of other Red Light characters - Maximilian from The Black Hole might slip in there between the Cylon and HAL.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

caljediknight
Recruit

Post by caljediknight » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:50 pm

KARR would fit right in there too...

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:07 am

hey kf, nice to see another washingtonian in here

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:But one might argue HAL wasn't evil, just misunderstood. Or at least not-guilty by reason of insanity.
I think the person who made the chart probably agrees, which is why HAL is almost in the center. After all, he did murder his crew, though.

The same could be said about K.A.R.R. (at least Peter Cullen's "Trust Doesn't Rust" version), I think. I've always seen K.A.R.R. as a similar character and even have kind of felt sorry for him in that episode. Had he never been deactivated and neglected, it's possible he may have never even gone bad (just would have been a liability on missions due to his self-preservation programming). Paul Frees's version from "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R." definitely broke bad, though.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: