Possible new KITT

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

BIGGUY007
Volunteer

Possible new KITT

Post by BIGGUY007 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

Check this car out. I think that it could be a new KITT in a future movie or future Re-boot.

http://seriouswheels.com/cars/2012/top- ... vantra.htm

:kitt2: :kitt: :kittside:

Knightphoenix1
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Possible new KITT

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Pretty cool. But what bothers me is, everybody that talks about a new Kitt don't pick a practical car. If they used this car how many of us fans could afford one? You know? But still a cool car.

BIGGUY007
Volunteer

Post by BIGGUY007 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Knightphoenix1 wrote:Pretty cool. But what bothers me is, everybody that talks about a new Kitt don't pick a practical car. If they used this car how many of us fans could afford one? You know? But still a cool car.
You're forgetting that in 1982, the Pontiac Firebird T/A was futuristic looking and a head of its time. Fast track to the 1991, and in Knight Rider 2000, The Knight 4000 was again futuristic looking and a head of its time. Also, The studio was unable to use the real Pontiac Banshee IV concept car for the movie, so instead it hired Jay Ohrberg Star Cars Inc. to customize a 1991 Dodge Stealth for the Knight 4000. So you can take a different car and customize it to look like the car in the link.

:kitt2: :kitt: :kittside:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:21 pm

I like the fact that they used "common" cars for KITT. In the 80s, pretty much every day you could see a black Trans Am on the road somewhere and be reminded of the Knight 2000. Today, pretty much every day you can see a black Mustang somewhere and be reminded of the Knight 3000. You wouldn't have that experience with this car.

From a story perspective, I think it make sense for a crime fighter (other than batman) to have a car that blends in a little bit with other cars on the road. That works with the Trans Am and the Mustang, but not this.

Still a cool car though.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com