Hoff in bid for Knight Rider rights

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ozzybeachbum
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Hoff in bid for Knight Rider rights

Post by ozzybeachbum » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:37 am

Hi All
I just thought I'd share some exciting info with everyone. This morning I was watching the Today show here in Australia. They had an interview with the Hoff. The question was asked if the Hoff would ever revisit knight Rider or Baywatch. His reply was (this is the exciting bit) that he had just come from a meeting where he has been in negotiations to buy the rights to Knight Rider so that he can get the Knight Rider movie underway. He also did mention that he helped pitch the 2008 series of Knight Rider to NBC who as we know said yes to Knight Rider but on the same hand they said no the the Hoff being in that series. Which is what has partly motivated him to want to buy the rights.
Fingers crossed it will all work out, the Hoff will get the go ahead to buy the rights and us as fans will get Knight Rider back !!!

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hoff in bid for Knight Rider rights

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh, dear. The last time he had the rights we got KR 2000. Pffftt.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amir
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Amir » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Eh? He had a role in the film but he didn't have the rights himself or anything.

Sybaris
Volunteer

Post by Sybaris » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:11 am

On Saturday 14th January 2012, on a UK TV show called the Magicians, where the Hoff appeared as a contestant.
He says at the end of the show, before the samurai dude cuts the water melon on his chest, "no, I am trying to bring back Knight Rider". Now I suspect there is more truth in this off handed comment.

I hope he does bring it back. He and Larson both know what F****D up the 2008 remake. One can only hope they lock the doors before GST starts sniffing about.