bumper/scanner

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kenhcook2007
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

bumper/scanner

Post by kenhcook2007 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:42 pm

ok i cant remember where i saw it but i found a company that was selling the nose,scanner,smokelense all together for 1350.00 aprox the scanner anyone know about this

knightprowl
Operative

Re: bumper/scanner

Post by knightprowl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 am

i know of adat which sells the front bumpers for season 1 and 4 for $1450.00, but idk about all 3, it dont say those just the bumper, so i dont think thats the one but just incase there site link is below, hope it helps, they seem to be very accurate with there replicas, to me they look it anyways, tho im not an expert on those things, but theres is awesome none the less, deff getting one from them someday if and when i ant poor and got the money, but anyways ttyl peace

http://www.adiautotech.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit: theres another company that makes kitt replicas, there links is below, you just gotta email em, and they will make anything you want, general lee, delorean, eleanor, k2000, k3000, and ect, anything, and there prices are pretty good, $25000 - $30000 for a general lee, im getting one if and when i can afford it someday, idk about the others prices, just general lee is all, its my dream car, kitt is 2nd :), anyways hope this helps too, ttyl peace

http://www.dynamicautorestoration.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tharpdevenport
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Check your local laws first. Running one on your car can get you a ticket from the police.
Heck, in my state you can get arrested for wearing a mask on any other day than Halloween.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 am

im kinda confused, are you saying the scanner is illegal or something else? cause we all know they are, unless stated by the police, things like that you gotta get permission for, but if you mean something else then what, cause im kinda confused atm, im thinking scanner but just making sure lol, anyways ttyl peace

Avenger95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Avenger95 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:17 pm

If the scanner is turned on while the car is in motion, you can get a ticket. An exception would be a parade in which you are a participant. But there are some police who just dont care and give you a ticket anyway just for having one.
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:50 pm

and some places dont care too, you can have em sometimes, just gotta get permission, probably some kinda permit or something, idk, but yes some places you can have them, as long as ya got a permit or permission, around where i live in the countryside i dont think it would matter, the county i live in hardly has police, like 10 police cars or so at the station down town, maybe around 30 or so for the entire county, mostly i just see state police, hardly ever county, hell i mostly drive 65 or 70 on the highway and hardly ever see any police, hell ive past some going 65 or 70, never even slowed down or turned on there lights, so ye around here i dont think it matters, tho someday if and when i get a replica i will for sure ask if i can have the scanner operate while driving, no need in risking a ticket or court or even jail time for something like that, anyways ttyl peace

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Don't waste your time with Dynamic in Terre Haute, IN.

Do your research on bumpers and scanners. You can make your own scanner for little money.
there are a lot of recasters out there that make poor quality parts that don;t fit.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:57 pm

dont waste ya time with dynamic? there awesome dude, they have very accurate things, plus they do custom work, you want something they will do it, and there one of the cheapest if not the cheapest to sell cars fully restored, i mean where else ya gonna get a general lee fully restored how ya want it for $25000 - $30000? no where thats where, unless you get extremely lucky then no, so dont go saying they suck cause they dont, i mean ffs they will do what ya want for a friendly price, and anything ya want they will do, so dont go there lol, anyways to each his own, id go with adat for kitt tho, most deff, not dynamic just general lee for them, but sadly there kitt turnkey seasons 1 or 4 is $40000, abit to high imo, i think no more then $30000 is more then enough for there turnkeys, but hey some ppl charge diffrently, oh well, anyways itll be forever for me anyways before ill be able to afford eather, anyways ttyl peace

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:05 pm

YES, don't waste your time with Dynamic. This guy is a crook. Whenever he has an auction on ebay its either for a car that's not built yet or he'll use pics of someone else's car claiming this is the one he has for sale and he built it. And there's NOTHING on his website. Where's the pics of all his builds or his in-progress work?

Were you aware he stole $35,000 from a guy that wanted a KITT replica? Guy paid up front and got NOTHING. Why has the name of this business changed so many times? Tuner Dynamics,Innovative Auto Design,Dynamic Auto Restoration.

Everyone wants a good deal, but cheapest isn't always best. Do you really think you're going to get a FULLY restored General Lee for $25,000. If you do most of the labor yourself, you can save a lot of money. But there's NO WAY this guy is going to do all the work,pay for his overhead,make a profit and deliver you a fully restored General Lee. Don't waste your time or money with this guy.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:59 am

so ive been reading, hmm, when did this scam happen? do ya think there still doin it? cause ive seen now both bad and good reviews, tho idk exactly when they supposidly had there last scam, i deff wanna make sure there not scamming before i go spending money, besides i wont have the money for years anyways, by then i can just buy one from someone else if there sammers or make my own, idk, anyways someone else plz let me know your opinions on these fakes as your saying, anyways ttyl peace

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Darrin Cooper is a crook. He runs Turner Dynamics or whatever he's calling it nowadays.

stay far far away.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:43 am

trust me i already know, plus id rather build one myself over the years when i can afford to, so that i know exactly what goes into it, not that i dont trust a big company or something that dont got bad reviews and are a ripoff like dynamics are, just saying what i think, anyways im glad yall told me about this and i looked it up or i might have made a bad choice someday, anyways ttyl peace