Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

remote_jup
Recruit

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by remote_jup » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:41 am

Last time I looked at their website, it said a whole site overhaul was in effect.

These guys are working on their own free time around busy lives and off their own private funding. Last thing I remember seeing was that they were tweaking a ton of minor things that would be time consuming.

When you think about some of the games that get crowd funding and even with that, still go belly up, it's amazing that Ken and his fine crew of volunteers had ever made anything that looked as great as what their YouTube videos showed.
This accout is only for use at unsecured public terminals by jup.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Assasinge » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:26 am

I just checked their facebook page, last post was on July 25 it says.

https://www.facebook.com/KnightRiderFanGame/

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:48 pm

So when do you think the release date for the new demo will be?

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Not sure Knight Racer, but I'm hoping sometime before this year ends...

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Knight Rider: The Fan Game (Split Topic)

Post by jup » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:29 pm

There is this new engine that I've been seeing quite a bit about in the YouTube videos called Unity. Quotes like 'easy to build for' and 'fun' have gone along with it. I haven't the time or energy to check it out, these days. But...sounds and looks like a promising platform for making your own KR game on.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:58 pm

jup wrote:There is this new engine that I've been seeing quite a bit about in the YouTube videos called Unity. Quotes like 'easy to build for' and 'fun' have gone along with it. I haven't the time or energy to check it out, these days. But...sounds and looks like a promising platform for making your own KR game on.
Well, gee I know about that, but I was just sayin' that if he wants to go ahead and develop whatever Ken is or was working on, specifically KR he Fan Game, then it would be pretty tough. Not to mention, games in Unity don't tend to look too good unless you put real long effort into them, and I don't think Ken was even using Unity from what I've seen and read about his game. I mean from the pics of the game, sure the graphics aren't like GTA 5 or anything but they're certainly amazing looking. I always wondered who he got for the voice actors though, I remember him telling me he ad someone for KITT when I asked him about the voice acting. Hm.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:52 pm

I certainly hope that they've just been put behind schedule by life and that is all. It is curious how the site has fallen behind their predicted preparation dates.

Here's the message that appears when I check on my link...

'We're Redesigning, We'll be back soon!

We’ve moved to a new secure server to test multiplayer functions. With this change is coming a more secure redesigned website that is less cluttered and easier to use on mobile. We will also be posting more blogs, videos, screen shots, and other information on what we’ve been up to over the last year. We’re going to do our best to communicate more with everyone on our progress once we have everything in place. Thank you all for your continued support. We’ll see you soon!'

So, it's not like the bills have been ignored. In fact, if I was to take a guess at what may be going on is that they got the main character graphics going. They got their base 'universe' built. Now, it's probably a million-billion-trillion tiny details. Like that little alleyway that if you walk through in the right way, you make Michael fall through the floor into the void dimension. Or how when you're about to make that crucial jump, a thousand NPC's run out into the street. After all, even GTA has always been plagued with little oddities that make it through all the waves of testing and programming. (Like the swing set that kicks field goals with whole cars. One of my favorites is this NPC whom kicks his foot up and leans against a wire link fence. Only, he always chooses to do it in that one spot where the fence parted for a drive way.)

GTA 5 is like...reality. Especially on a high end PC. Never thought I'd see games that look that real. But I would say Ken's game is above GTA 4. Slightly, but still very impressive.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:04 pm

jup wrote:GTA 5 is like...reality. Especially on a high end PC. Never thought I'd see games that look that real. But I would say Ken's game is above GTA 4. Slightly, but still very impressive.
Looks like you haven't heard of unreal engine yet. :)

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:27 am

I've had a chance to play in a few Unreal (engine) games. Extremely impressive games, too.

I...just don't get so many gaming hours in, these days.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:34 am

Well I don't either tbh, all I play is Overwatch, other than that I have stuff to do:(

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:41 am

And isn't it amazing just how many other things that life seems to throw that occupies time with?

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Tell me about it.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Alright... ;P

I've got this novel that is taking beyond forever. Work eats up a lot of energy with a lot of ten hour days. Counter balanced with this pesky need for sleep. I've grown way too addicted to YouTube. Various little bits of life fill in the gaps. Would never know how to filter in a 'real life' around that...

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:57 am

Games aren't built in a day. After all, when they do, they tend to go down in history as being the makings of the game crash of the 80s.

I'm not concerned in the least if it takes 10 years for MS Ken to make his amazing game. What I truly am worried about is that the hour after it does see the internet, some scammer will scalp it and resale it to make money.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Wow. That's all I have to say. Yeah I've run out of funds momentarily and I can't afford to renew the website for two weeks. If I have to post proof that I've been dealing with my dog dying and a sinus infection then I guess I will but damn... I left Facebook because I hate how people are turning so nasty with politics it wasn't to hide from anyone. My email and Skype still works just fine if you have questions just come to me directly.
Last edited by msKEN on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:10 pm

msKEN wrote:Wow. That's all I have to say. Yeah I've ran out of funds momentarily and I can't afford to renew the website for two weeks. If I have to post proof that I've been dealing with my dog dying and a sinus infection then I guess I will but damn... I left Facebook because I hate how people are turning so nasty with politics it wasn't to hide from anyone. My email and Skype still works just fine if you have questions just come to me directly.
What is this fan game I keep hearing about anyway?
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Oh boyyyyy, here we are. Aight, from what I can say, bout maybe 4 or 5 years ago I remember MSKen was developing a fan made Knight Rider game with a bunch of other people. Well it was under wa, slow but underway. The website was amazing, the models of the pictures were great. Look it up, there are pictures of it. Then at one point we didn't hear from him, and last I heard from him on facebook was in the summer of August. I think he released a demo too at some point, dunno where it is. There's even some footage, alpha I believe, on youtube. That's the fan game. Was gonna have open world, multiplayer, the had voice actors and everything etc. shame it never finished. Not yet at least. At one point the website even said "under maintenance for server testing" or something but that was it.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:59 pm

We're still here money is just tight until my tax return comes in for some much needed relief. Website will return again I promise just might not be until the 15th or 16th. I didn't want to launch the new website until we've rendered out all our new graphics because yes while we were silent over the last year we were very busy. With exception to the vehicles all the art has been upgraded to higher resolution materials/textures and more detail in the meshes. The flag mansion is taking the longest to redo. We went from GTA 3 style low poly art to more GTA4 inspired graphics... well as close as our game engine and talent will allow but that is the goal.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Hey look, MSKen is alive too! Lol its alright brotha, Id worry about finishing the game than the website tbh. Awesome to know progress is still being made! We hope you finish it at some point one way or the other!

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:48 am

Don't worry about having to justify the reasons, MSKen. The troll has been run off. You've got friends here at KRO. And I'm sure that we all wish you and your life long dream game to have a happy and long future.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 am

Ken you gun release a demo soon? I'd also be happy to test it at some point :D

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:58 am

I would be happy with ps1 graphics even, i don't mind pixelated low poly models as long as they're animated good(even if not really), we don't see games like that anymore, Silent Hill the original with GTA 5 style animation movements, PERFECT! 10/10

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:40 am

From what the YouTube preview footage looked like, I'd say Ken's game is somewhere along the lines of GTA 4.5. Because GTA 5 on a high end computer...looks like real life. And I heard the other week that that newest Gran Turismo game is making graphics so high end, common monitor technology won't be able to display it completely for a few years.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks everyone it's appreciated. I'm not thrilled Justin was banned but I understand why. I hope after he calms down he can come back to the site. I can understand his and others frustration to a point but labeling me a scammer is a bit I don't know odd to say the least considering I fund this project myself and turn down all donation offers. Sandbox games are not easy. I found out the hard way to keep my mouth shut about expected release dates.

Assasinge, I'll send you a PM soon. I do need a couple of trust worthy beta testers that won't leak footage of buggy game play to youtube.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:10 am

Yeah no, it's all cool. Leaking this to youtube is the last thing you need, with some footage on youtube already. But you can trust me.