Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by jup » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:53 pm

It was brought up that Justin was also doing similar activity in other communities. So, the ban hammer was decided upon. He did have some more neutral contributions to this community in the past. Oh, well.

Even RockStar with their seemingly endless well of funds has barely been able to keep their sand box games in check. After all, lots of YouTube videos show various hilarious results. Though, my favorites include that one guy whom kicks his foot up against a chain link fence. Yet, he chooses the only spot where the fence has a break in it for pulling vehicles through. Or a true classic, pulling up an ice cream truck to a crowd, simply parking it there and then playing that 'sweet' ice cream music. Then laughing as everyone goes screaming in terror for their lives. 'Wha??? Did I jack Sweet Tooth's ride or something?'

I wouldn't mind trying to be a game tester for this, as well. Though, I am not sure I got a powerful enough machine. Had picked up a Win 8 laptop with dual processors, a few years back. But, had to downgrade it to Win 7, just to get around the issues it was having. (Since it was a returned machine and the OS, plus a special chip were ganging up to say I wasn't a legal user...) And this Acer netbook special, I wouldn't even remotely expect to handle anything above Solitaire.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:50 pm

I beat you then Jup!

I7-4970k
12gb RAM
Nvidia GT 730
Windows 7 64 bit

Pretty sure I can test the game flawlessly...

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Assasinge wrote:I beat you then Jup!

I7-4970k
12gb RAM
Nvidia GT 730

Windows 7 64 bit

Pretty sure I can test the game flawlessly...
Yeah, no.

If we're talking about specs anyway:

i5 4670k
16GB RAM
AMD RX480
Win7 x64
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:09 pm

So? You wot m8? 1v1 me in Minecraft right now, we'll see who has the better machine! Lol

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Assasinge wrote:So? You wot m8? 1v1 me in Minecraft right now, we'll see who has the better machine! Lol
1v1 me in FiveReborn, Ruiner/KI2T vs Ingot/VD90Rstein!

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Nah. 1v1 me in Runescape, we'll see who's boss then!

You know what, I'm going to end this right here before Ken think I'm an immature moron, and decides to not let me test his game xD

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:02 am

I know this might not be a popular decision, but I've decided to go with Ken's wishes and give Justin another chance. There is a precondition, and it's that he cease attacking Ken. If he doesn't abide by that rule, then I'll obviously have to make the ban permanent. I've set it up so that his ban will be automatically lifted on the 21st February. I'm hoping that a lengthy cooling off period will show him how unacceptable his behaviour was.

If he does attack Ken again, then I'd ask that instead of engaging him, just PM me. That way I'll know to log in and deal with the situation. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:23 am

Guess who won't be joining us on Valentines Day? :P Alright, apart from the ridiculous trouble he gives us for no reason (doesn't he have anything better to do?) I'm not going to whine about it, though I still feel as if this should've been the end of it. But I guess we can give him, ONLY one more chance here...

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:34 am

I'll put my rigs up to the challenge.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
16 gig ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2gig

I also have an older machine from about 6 years ago.

duo core amd 2 ghz with I think 4 gig of ram and a 1 gb vid card to test for slower machines.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 am

All you did was kind of beat me in the graphics card department...and maybe ram. Maybe. Also, all this snow here means I guess I'll be binge watching KR all day today :D

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 am

Assasinge wrote:All you did was kind of beat me in the graphics card department...and maybe ram. Maybe. Also, all this snow here means I guess I'll be binge watching KR all day today :D
Daily reminder that JYD, KoTJ, Lost Knight, KoTD, Killer KITT and KoTP are the best episodes.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 am

Thank you.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm going to end this right here before Ken think I'm an immature moron
Nope you'll fit right in with the rest of us lol! Well with me at least anyway!

The game is being developed on the following specs targeting DX11:

i7 4790k
16gb DDR4 Ram
6gb Geforce 980 gtx ti oc
Windows 10 Anniversary x64

This machine is currently running the game at an even 115 FPS with dips down to 85fps in heavy areas where there are a lot of cars and NPC's on screen at once.

My DX9 test rig is the following:

i7 860 LGA1156 (Bottom of the line first gen)
8gb DDR3 Ram
2gb GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Windows 7 x64

This machine turns out about 45-55fps which bear in mind the game is not at all optimized. We still have to do occlusion culling, batch pooling for NPCs and vehicles, texture atlasing, and the biggest performance boost for open worlds... dynamic asset streaming. We're confident this will easily see at least a 10-20% performance increase on lower spec machines.

Currently with my main rig down for another week or so I've been using my test rig to do little things that I can simply import into the project later. For example creating KITT's famous GPS mapping system. Here it is in very early stages. The system uses an A* algorithm to determine the shortest path between two nodes. It can also recalculate when you go off course or dynamically follow a target you are pursing such as a moving vehicle. I know to most this may seem like "so what every game has this feature" but I dare you to find another Unity Engine game that has already accomplished this. Sorry to toot my horn I'm just very excited I could figure this out without having to gimp my vision with just a basic map system that didn't plot a course for you to follow. The other plan is to allow KITT to optionally auto drive these routes. It's been a big requested feature from some of our handicapped players.

The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm

msKEN wrote:The other plan is to allow KITT to optionally auto drive these routes. It's been a big requested feature from some of our handicapped players.
GTA:KR's Auto Cruise 2.0 :mrgreen:

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ggxYGWm2c

Han
Rookie

Post by Han » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Pretty cool, also picture "Just Watch" achievement, let KITT make everything for you the whole game and be called lazy by him hahah and damn guys everyone of you with a sharp pc

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Wow Ken, I'm more than anxious to try out your game now! I wish i could be of some help in its development, all I know is some texture handling and a tad bit of 3D, though not game 3d. Just created a 3D A-Bomb in After Effects, have Photoshop and Premiere experience etc.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:40 pm

jup wrote:It was brought up that Justin was also doing similar activity in other communities. So, the ban hammer was decided upon. He did have some more neutral contributions to this community in the past. Oh, well.
Ouch I wasn't aware of that. I don't frequent the boards much anymore cause if I'm at the PC my time is usually staring at unity, photoshop, visual studio, or 3ds max. Well hopefully me convincing Matthew to let him come back after a cool down period doesn't come back to bite me in the rear. :?
Just created a 3D A-Bomb in After Effects, have Photoshop and Premiere experience etc.
Hey I can always use help cutting the new trailer once we finish the redesign of the FLAG Mansion! You guys saw the trailer I did a few years ago, I'm not exactly great at it lmao!

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Awesome, I'd love to edit it for you! Here's my google drive with my recent projects from the summer till now so far: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwowL ... G9WQ2ZaNms

Am I eligible? :P

To top that, I'm usually chosen to edit school projects in Video Production, I have been paid to do projects before hand to (not that I want you to pay me or anything lol) and I'vr made a few music videos before too. So there ya' go!

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 pm

While this game and all is good on paper, how 'bout some screenshots?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:14 am

There are some screenshots hidden all over the place inside this very thread.

In fact, an early trailer is accessible on page 21!

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:17 am

jup wrote:There are some screenshots hidden all over the place inside this very thread.

In fact, an early trailer is accessible on page 21!
holy FUARRRK I haven't said anything! This looks lightyears ahead compared to KR2 The Game already!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:34 pm

We just got the website back up last night. Thank you tax return! I was really struggling with vet bills for a while there. The server has been paid in full for the next 3 years that should hopefully assure everyone it's not going anywhere for a while this time. New screens will premiere with the website relaunch I can't promise we'll meet that 30 day deadline we gave ourselves but we're gonna try like heck!

And oh my that old youtube trailer.. there is a reason it's set to private. I'm embarrassed of it. I can't wait to make a new one once we have the HD mansion complete.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:18 pm

msKEN wrote:We just got the website back up last night. Thank you tax return! I was really struggling with vet bills for a while there. The server has been paid in full for the next 3 years that should hopefully assure everyone it's not going anywhere for a while this time. New screens will premiere with the website relaunch I can't promise we'll meet that 30 day deadline we gave ourselves but we're gonna try like heck!

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:08 pm

msKEN wrote:And oh my that old youtube trailer.. there is a reason it's set to private. I'm embarrassed of it. I can't wait to make a new one once we have the HD mansion complete.
Don't be. That's an artist's reaction. (Rather common, as I've come to learn.) A fantastic representation and a great thing for where you once were.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Just saw the trailer. From an editor's perspective, that is really good! It's better than what some trailers of videos I've seen on youtube, of course. Could it use some work? Sure. But I don't know what you use to edit, but it's decent enough man. Still can't wait to edit it for you though, I have some crazy ideas for it! :P