Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by jup » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:43 am

Agreed. Long live the KR fan game!

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:54 pm

Damn and I kinda hoped for a August 2018 release. Oh well, take your time Ken, quality knows no time restrictions.
Rstein, the supercomputer on wheels.

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Almost a year later, but has there been any progress on TFG?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Some time back, there was mild conversation about an in game arcade. And I had proposed placing a sit in cabinet of the proposed Knight Rider unit inside...with an out of order sign on it.

At last. I stumbled across some real information about said cancelled arcade machine. ( https://youtu.be/HBmHJCTpV9E?t=278 ) The information for this starts at the 4:38 mark.

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Any updates?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:35 am

I just checked the msken profile. Says last active: __ . Guess he has been missing for months or a year.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:31 am

I'm still lurking and very much still working on the game. You guys don't seem to understand or care that I have a nervous system disease that's going to eventually kill me once it reaches my organs. That explanation is hard for me to even type out, so I just tell people look into RSD/CRPS. No one ever does though, they just wanna know where the damn game is, believe me this timeline was never my intention. I suffer day to day with chronic pain on an unbelievable level, It's rated on the pain index above child labor. There is a movie about it called "Trial by Fire" about Bob Marley's wife and her battle with the same disease. Sorry guys and gals but I'm doing this at my own pace, while still living my life to best that I can. For the record I'm not pulling a fast one like that ass clown that faked his death here a couple years ago, I'm not dying yet, not even close to it, I have years to live before what I have becomes fatal but also no one can predict the future. I'm still holding out hope I might live to see a cure to put my condition into remission. If necessary I can and have already offered to prove I'm disabled to a mod or and admin if need be. I can say a new trailer is currently in the early stages of being cut. I'm sorry to take the 3DRealms approach here, but the game will be done when its done. I can't commit to any time frame right now.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. This is the first I've heard of it. I hope you make a recovery or find ways to cope with your symptoms. We haven't spoken in years so that would explain a lot. Looking forward to playing your demo when it comes out.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:59 am

Ken my friend, you'll never have to prove yourself like that whilst I'm here. Yes, the user in question abused the honour system when he pulled that fracked up stunt, but I still believe in taking people at their word above all else.

Everyone here knows of my battle with depression thanks to the actions of another disgruntled former member, and not a day goes by without it affecting it me on a very fundamental level, so I can certainly empathise when it comes to the basics of what you go through on a day-to-day basis. I can only assure you that some of us do put your health and wellbeing above that of your game, and that we'd consider anyone who didn't worthy of getting a clip around the earhole.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

WittgenTT5/Rstein
Operative

Post by WittgenTT5/Rstein » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:57 pm

msKEN wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:31 am
I'm still lurking and very much still working on the game. You guys don't seem to understand or care that I have a nervous system disease that's going to eventually kill me once it reaches my organs. That explanation is hard for me to even type out, so I just tell people look into RSD/CRPS. No one ever does though, they just wanna know where the damn game is, believe me this timeline was never my intention. I suffer day to day with chronic pain on an unbelievable level, It's rated on the pain index above child labor. There is a movie about it called "Trial by Fire" about Bob Marley's wife and her battle with the same disease. Sorry guys and gals but I'm doing this at my own pace, while still living my life to best that I can. For the record I'm not pulling a fast one like that ass clown that faked his death here a couple years ago, I'm not dying yet, not even close to it, I have years to live before what I have becomes fatal but also no one can predict the future. I'm still holding out hope I might live to see a cure to put my condition into remission. If necessary I can and have already offered to prove I'm disabled to a mod or and admin if need be. I can say a new trailer is currently in the early stages of being cut. I'm sorry to take the 3DRealms approach here, but the game will be done when its done. I can't commit to any time frame right now.
At least there's news re TFG that it isn't dead yet, pardon the awful pun.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 am

Well, Ken. This is your magnum opus. A wonderful gift to this aging community. You take as much time as you want to. Nobody has the right to put pressure on you for completing it. And, I do hope for the improvement of medical science to find a cure to such a nightmare condition. Nobody should have to endure pain, after all.

On a personal note, my grandfather had a medical condition that kept him in regular pain in his later years. Only medicine around did little and cost a lot. He eventually chose to end it all in one of the bravest ways by slow starvation. And with every passing year, it's looking more likely that I may be heading towards the same destination. Just thought that I would share.

Maybe in that unwritten, alternate universe of mine, there's a Dr. KARR waiting to figure out the cure to all medical ills. Out there in another dimension.

TheStone2203
Stranger

Post by TheStone2203 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Hello guys! Sorry for digging out this old subject haha. I've been a long-term die-hard Knight Rider fan, and i've discovered this website by chance while browsing a random YouTube video (turns out this site has been alive since '95, oh boi am i late to the party xD Well, still better than missing out). I'm very happy to meet you all :)
I've read past comments, and i gotta say that op's desease really sucks. Stay strong brother !
If the project is still being worked on, I could happily bring some help for the beta-testing or developping. I have numerous machines running on Windows, MacOS and Linux, with the most recent sporting a 2080Ti. So if i could be of sole help, please don't hesitate. I've dreamt of a Knight Rider game since the last one released, back in the Davilex days (kind of have some ideas for a project of remasterisation of this one btw).
Sorry in advance if my English sucks - French is quite different haha
"Right away Michael!" :kitt:

CJPowerbomb83
Stranger

Post by CJPowerbomb83 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:16 am

Hi, I've known about Ken's project since 2009 and followed it over the years. I feel the same way he does - It's ready when it's ready. Honestly, I became more concerned about Ken himself and his well being. I hope he is still fighting the good fight and able to manage the pain. Ken, I am from Cincinnati myself and read about the Cincinnati Comprehensive Pain Center in Fairfield where they issue a series of injections that are essentially analgesics where over time, they provide more and more pain relief. I assume you've read about it yourself and if not, may be worth looking into.