Is Final Verdict Edited On DVD?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jeremy223
Rookie

Is Final Verdict Edited On DVD?

Post by jeremy223 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 pm

I was just watching The Final Verdict from season one and noticed something odd about the audio. Toward the end of the episode where Michael and Marty are in KITT running from the bad guys,Michael radios the cop to ask where he wants Marty and the books delivered. The cop says he'll be on Highland Road. Then it sounds like he gets cut off and Michael continues to act like he's listening to something for a few more seconds even though there's just silence.

Did this episode air that way or was the cop's last line removed for some reason?

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Is Final Verdict Edited On DVD?

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:22 am

I just checked my '80s recording, and you can just about hear Dickerson (Don Gordon) continue to speak for a second, but there is a splice and then Michael replies. In the script, Dickerson's line is: "All right, I'll be at the end of Highland Road. That's down by the docks."
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jeremy223
Rookie

Re: Is Final Verdict Edited On DVD?

Post by jeremy223 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks for the reply. I had turned on the subtitles hoping to find out what Dickerson was saying when he was cut off mid word. The subtitles say "I'll be at the end of Highland Road ok". I didn't think that was right.

Looking forward to your site's return.