Fuzzy KR Labor Day memory

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fuzzy KR Labor Day memory

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:49 pm

I have some broken but vivid memories of watching the Jerry Lewis Labor Day telethon back around 1983 with appearances by David Hasselhoff and KITT. I can't give a full description of what happened, but these are the bits and pieces of my broken memories:

David Hasselhoff appeared on the first day of the telethon, and promised that he would bring KITT back with him tomorrow. The next day, Hoff drove on stage with KITT where they had one of the kids from the telethon. Hasselhoff said that KITT sure turned a lot of heads driving himself over to the studio to be on the show. Then KITT (William Daniels) talked to the kid. He said something like "I bet this is the first time you have ever talked to a car, isn't it?" And I remember there being an awkward moment when the kid didn't say anything - he just sat there and stared with a huge grin on his face. Then the kid finally said "yes" right when Daniels started speaking again, so Daniels stopped talking but the kid didn't say anything else. It's an odd thing to remember, but that's what stuck with me. KITT then went on to say "We at Knight Rider believe that one man can make a difference..." and then went into some spiel about how important it was for people to donate. Hoff and KITT then drove offstage.

Sorry no vid, no screen cap. Just downloading my brain cells.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

nee716
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Fuzzy KR Labor Day memory

Post by nee716 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 am

Awesome!! Doesn't it suck we can't download from out brain.......yet lol

The hunt begins for caps and possible vid!