The Man from Mio says it will work

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

saintcar
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

The Man from Mio says it will work

Post by saintcar » Tue May 31, 2011 7:55 am

I decided to go ahead and purchase the KR GPS from the USA and ship it over to me in the UK. I have had a complete nightmare with the UK and Western Europe maps. First Mio told me to purchase new maps and they would work. They didn’t so Mio gave me a refund, then Mio told me to buy a key to unlock them. I found the only key on the Mio site. That seemed to work but when the Mio Desktop tried to load them on to the KR GPS, because it could not find the UK safety camera data/folder on my DVD.The man from Mio says it should all work fine and does not understand why it will not. However when I spoke to a colleague of his today, a woman from Mio (French lady, sounded quite nice actually) she stated why it should all work okay, it may however not, because I have a USA unit trying to unlock European maps. It all mad to me. Anyone had similar problems? :roll:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: The Man from Mio says it will work

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:26 am

After reading your problem I'm afraid even I am stumped.
The deal with the Mio KR GPS is they only produced the GPS for a year. I was the only soul on-line that figured out how to install the new 2009 maps. (Turns out Mio Desktop was to blame among other things.)

I wished I could have warned you not to buy the GPS. You got the right one just at the wrong time.

I am working on a new BETTER KR GPS. (Not Mio but superior in a million ways) I will sell you one when I start making them if you want one :good: .
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

blackthorntk
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: The Man from Mio says it will work

Post by blackthorntk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:33 pm

NICE Taoworm will it have classic kitt installed with it or some how work with the newer one. I wonder if the pc version has the kitt voice mod. As the newer ones u can just buy the kitt sd card to install it to the current gps but I'm not sure if it applies to the pc gps versions. Witch will work but you have to buy that one adapter for the car pc for it to work properly.