Question about KITT vs KARR, and something else

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question about KITT vs KARR, and something else

Post by Skav » Thu May 26, 2011 6:40 pm

At the end of KvK, KARR's laser is deflected back to him and his whole structure weakens, allowing KITT and Michael to plow through him. But isn't the MBS independent of the circuitry? If so, how could his structure weaken the way it did?

Also, in Chariots of Gold, Michael says to Bonnie that they love one another. But doesn't that episode take place after White Bird? I remember looking at Bonnie's expression in the semi when Michael told her of their past engagement and they both looked as if they knew they couldn't be together. Michael was also torn up over Stevie leaving at the end, so did he just forget about her in COG, or something?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Question about KITT vs KARR, and something else

Post by Knight Racer » Fri May 27, 2011 8:15 am

My theory was the MBS eroded in the saltwater before Karr was washed ashore and burried in the sand.

In Chariots of Gold I think he meant we love eachother like a brother and sister as nothing ever developed between the 2 of them throughout the entire series and they never did end up kissing eachother during that scene either.I think they just hugged.

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 am

I think the deflected laser beam only took out the laser circuitry so KARR couldn't fire again. KARR's structure was most likely weakened from sitting in salt water for two years. While KARR's outer shell was probably immune to salt water damage there were probably bolts and other structural pieces that were not. Also KITT"s angle if impact from turbo boosting was beneath KARR rather than directly nose to nose. These two factors are how I would rationalize KITT"s win, otherwise you have to get back into that whole Xeno's paradox stuff from the first KARR episode.

:kitt2: :kittside:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Yeah, I was going to say that KARR smashed through the concrete bridge twice to hold the armored van hostage, so his MBS looked technically strong. In TDR, Devon said if the beam hits KARR's scanner then he'd become nothing but an immobolized hunk of metal, but that obviously wasn't the case in KvK at the end, since KARR turbo boosted to collide with KITT.

And that's another thing. KARR is meant to self preserve. Why opt for a head on collision? I guess he grew emotions, or something, that had overwritten his core programming.

Good theory about Bonnie and Michael. That makes sense.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Fri May 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Skav wrote: if the beam hits KARR's scanner then he'd become nothing but an immobolized hunk of metal,
I remember that being said, but my interpretation was that it would just kill his scanner, and without that he can't see where he is, so the programming would not allow him to travel (I could be mistaken).